3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Member Levels?, How about GMC tradition?
Jakub Luptovec
Jan 3 2008, 08:14 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Just got an idea 'bout creating something like leveling up. It will be hard to explain, so have a little patience pls:-D I will plly edit this post a few times:)

The idea is, that after you complete some lesson, you could send the record of you playing it to the instructor, he would listen to it and then rate it - say from 1 to 5, and you'll get points for this in some gengre (classical, metal, jazz, blues, rock etc.). After getting some amount of points, you would be promoted on higher level in that discipline - 5 for example - Beginner/beginner-intermediate/intermediate/intermediate-advanced/advanced .
That would be shown in the forums in your sig like /Metal-Beginner,Jazz-Advanced/. You would also have to graduate to beginner level by sending some easy level lesson etc.. I think that could further motivate some of the members and could be used in symbiose with that Band battle Collaboration concept -for separating the bands on beg/int/adv. (Not only in this, this could have a huge number of other purposes:))

Also we would have to make some limitations, so the instructors wont be killed by MASS of uploads:) For example by making this activity as a part of forum life:) - then only those one, who actually post on forums will upload (we could also make some limitation for tries - one try per 50 posts:)

Now that I noticed Marcus reading this - his beg/int/exp lessons would work well with this:)

Just brainstorming now:)

Let me see guys, what you think of it:)

Jakub "Phoenix" Luptovec

Btw. OHOOOOO Just noticed, this is my 100 post:) A jubileeeee :-D

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Jan 3 2008, 08:20 PM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Jan 3 2008, 08:16 PM
GMC:er
I think it's a pretty cool idea and I'll definetly give it a shot! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Jan 3 2008, 08:26 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Lol.. just noticed that spiderusalem ofered something similiar, BUT I was first with this:-P

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
SamJ
Jan 3 2008, 08:27 PM
Cool, interesting idea. It might be a bit unfair on people who don't have the tools to record though.

This post has been edited by Sam Hook: Jan 3 2008, 08:28 PM

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Jan 3 2008, 08:29 PM
Cool idea! Then we'd be checked by professionals at our progress! smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 3 2008, 08:31 PM
Instructor
Very interesting idea!
I'm all for having more interaction between teachers and students.
Let's keep brainstorming on this!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Jan 3 2008, 08:31 PM
QUOTE (Sam Hook @ Jan 3 2008, 01:27 PM) *
Cool, interesting idea. It might be a bit unfair on people who don't have the tools to record though.

There's a lot of free software out there. Get a decent program, then plug ur amp into your computer.

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ayen
Jan 3 2008, 08:34 PM
Great idea!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 3 2008, 08:41 PM
awesome idea man!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jan 3 2008, 08:48 PM
Great idea! biggrin.gif

But I probably won't use it.
I want our wonderful instructors to concentrate on making great lessons.

Sure, more interaction would be great.
But, no to grading.

IMO. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 3 2008, 09:47 PM
Good idea it will also motivate people to record more!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
JWBauer
Jan 3 2008, 09:50 PM
They already have something sort of in place for that. It is the collaboration area. People could get points based on their efforts in the collaborations and get their "level ups" when they have participated a certain number of times in each specific style. There is the problem with those that do not have recording abilities though. I know that you can get some pretty inexpensive things to record at home though. I got all my equipment used on e-bay.

--------------------
Ibanez AS73-TCR, Esteban American Legacy Starlight Limited Edition,
Esteban Granada Classical, Esteban Midnight Steel Limited Edition
Line 6 Spider III 15w

Buy AS73 at Musiciansfriend.com

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 3 2008, 09:52 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Very cool idea i would like to give it a shot

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 3 2008, 10:02 PM
this is a very cool idea, but i've been having trouble viewing the videos and im sorting it out so eventually i could do this smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jan 3 2008, 10:03 PM
"Points" ?
"Level up"?

C'mon, guys! laugh.gif

I know that David Walllimann is involved with an online music tuition site where you can get live guitar lessons via a web cam.
Maybe Kris could set up something like that? smile.gif

Muris and others are already encouraging you to send in your own recordings of their lessons, and you can't get better "points" than the professional feed-back they always manage to give you. wub.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Jan 3 2008, 10:13 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Well I dont think that webcam lessons would be possible and suitable - for reasons like timing - there is time shift between say USA, Europe and Taiwan.., instructors time, paying etc etc..

But in matter of guitar points - IMO it wont take too much instructors time. Listen 3 or 4 times to 30 sec solo? Maybe 2 listenings will be enough. If needed, we could use seniors, or other instructors.. but this could be arranged on go.

Secondly - not everyone will use it (it will be a forum activity..) and for those who will - we can set some rules.. Like i said for example 50 posts per try.. Also IMO it wont be too hard to start off with, will encourage people to upload more of their recordings, it will be YET ANOTHER REASON TO SUBSCRIBE to GMC and finally.. a great motivation for most of us:-P
You know, human self esteem and jealousiness is powerful system to motivate people.. Man.. the will to be better and to show off moves with all our world and society:)
I dont mean, that we should make GMCers bigheaded! :-D

Also, it will help beginners to gain motivation by saying to themselves - "Well I need only 10 more points to get beg/int in blues... If I'll sit by these 2 solos for a few weeks and record it flawlessly, I'll make it!!" => Gaining motivation thru better view on ones learning process.

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Jan 3 2008, 10:18 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 3 2008, 10:15 PM
to get more people to do it we could possibly offer a GMC t-shirt or some sort of prize once you achieve a certain rank smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jan 3 2008, 10:18 PM
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Jan 3 2008, 10:13 PM) *
Well I dont think that webcam lessons would be possible and suitable - for reasons like timing - there is time shift between say USA, Europe and Taiwan.., instructors time, paying etc etc..

You'll have to pay for it, of course, for the luxury of private tuition.

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Jan 3 2008, 10:21 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Yeah stratman - fully agreed. that was my intention, to get a GMC T-shirt for free:-D Just kidding;) Also, when you will reach an Advancer rank, you could be allowed, to rate the tries of unranked and beginner ranked members - to fasten up the process.. There is so many ways, this could be done.. its just about us, if we want or not.. and mainly about instructors :-D We need their opinions for sure :-D

Jacmoe: Well.. this is another discussion and idea, that can be offered:) But it will be hard to implement IMO.. but if ya want, we can discuss this and maybe come to some solution:) I would love to get lessons from some of our instructors.... *RAWR* *IN LOVE*

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Jan 3 2008, 10:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Goliath
Jan 3 2008, 10:22 PM
I wouldn't take place in this, but I can definitely see where having your playing analyzed by the instructors would be desired by some. Might be worth considering as a premium service to include in another level of membership and instructors can be further compensated for agreeing to take part.

Still, I'd fear it would stretch the instructors too thin as they're already active in the community as is, to require another service of them would be fairly demanding and it could bring down the quality of the lessons that are already posted on the site, which are the lifeblood of the site IMO.

Just having silly little titles for post counts reaching certain points would be fine with me tongue.gif.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:17 AM