A Day At The Hospital, Broken bone
Hajduk
Oct 29 2014, 09:11 AM
Learning Rock Star
So Today my son ended up braking his finger right at the joint and 6 hours later at the hospital we went home! Now the poor guy cant play his guitar. I told him to do legato style exercises ( right hand has the broken finger) Any suggestions would be awesome smile.gif He also has a very cumbersome half cast on his right hand!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Tomislav
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 29 2014, 10:39 AM
Instructor
Damn, that's got to be painful !

Legato you say ?

Well, look no further than Ben's Land of Legato. If you scroll down my lesson list you'll see them all near the bottom - some of my earliest lessons including dodgy video quality ! biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Ben-Higgins/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Oct 29 2014, 05:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ouch!
In addition to Ben's recommendation (+1), now's a good time to work the theory / composition aspects of music. Study structures of his favorite songs - to know how others craft music is a great leg up on how to craft your own!

Chris!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Oct 29 2014, 07:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks guys smile.gif And yes Cosmin has myself working on your Legato lessons Ben, I will try to get him working on it as well, the theorey is a great idea for him and myself smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Oct 29 2014, 10:45 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm sorry to hear that, man.

I wish him a speedy recovery! A broken bone isn't something I have ever experienced, knock on wood - however my one toe is double jointed and slips out of place once in a while unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 30 2014, 06:05 AM
GMC:er
Very sorry to hear sad.gif I was bout to mention BENS LAND OF LEGATO but the man himself beat me to it smile.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 29 2014, 05:39 AM) *
Damn, that's got to be painful !

Legato you say ?

Well, look no further than Ben's Land of Legato. If you scroll down my lesson list you'll see them all near the bottom - some of my earliest lessons including dodgy video quality ! biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Ben-Higgins/

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Oct 30 2014, 09:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks all for the kind words smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 4 2014, 03:12 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Ouch - hope he recovers fast!

When it comes to practicing guitar, legato does sound doable. He could basically practice legato and tapping. He can hammer on the first note and than do series of hammer-ons/pull-off runs. Also he can incorporate exercises involving open strings. Tap/Hammer-on the string> hammer-on>pull-off>pull-off to open string.

Another thing he could do is just get musically pumped up/inspired by relaxing and watching some cool concert DVDs on TV. There is always music theory which he can do while he is unable to practice. Last but not least - just watching lessons "visually can mean a lot and you can learn new things even without picking up guitar as you see "how its done" - time for surfing the GMC archive.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:51 AM