The House Is Rockin', But not in a good way
AK Rich
Dec 1 2018, 07:24 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Hey folks. Just wanted to let people know that we are ok up here in Alaska after getting rocked out of bed this morning by a 7.0 earthquake. A lot of things in our house are destroyed but we are still alive and kicking and that is what is important. It was bad, but it could have been far worse and we are grateful that it wasn't.
Below is a link to an article from a local news source showing an aerial view of Vine rd which is about 10 minutes away from our home here in Big Lake. We were fortunate enough to get power back about 12 hours after the quake and the house is heating back up now. I have been through a few shakers since I have been up here but this was the worst and pretty scary. I thought for sure that my house would collapse while we were riding it out. We thank God that it didn't.

Rich...

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2018/11/30/...central-alaska/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Todd Simpson
Dec 1 2018, 07:54 PM
GMC:er
Egad man. Sorry to hear about this. Glad the heat came back on! Without heat in Alaska at this time of year could be very dangerous. Also glad the house is standing! Our thought are with you.
Todd
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Dec 1 2018, 02:24 AM) *
Hey folks. Just wanted to let people know that we are ok up here in Alaska after getting rocked out of bed this morning by a 7.0 earthquake. A lot of things in our house are destroyed but we are still alive and kicking and that is what is important. It was bad, but it could have been far worse and we are grateful that it wasn't.
Below is a link to an article from a local news source showing an aerial view of Vine rd which is about 10 minutes away from our home here in Big Lake. We were fortunate enough to get power back about 12 hours after the quake and the house is heating back up now. I have been through a few shakers since I have been up here but this was the worst and pretty scary. I thought for sure that my house would collapse while we were riding it out. We thank God that it didn't.

Rich...

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2018/11/30/...central-alaska/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:43 AM