Tips For A Beginner Violinist?
Zephyr
Oct 22 2007, 02:57 PM
GMC:er
I've been interested in playing the violin for a very long time, even before I started playing the guitar, and lately I've been looking into alternative instruments to expand my musical knowledge. Just recently, a guy that I know who plays the cello told me that he has a violin, and although he says he's horrible at playing it, he could teach me a thing or two about it.

Anyways, I'll be meeting him next Sunday, and I just thought it might be a good idea to get some tips before then. I plan to continue learning about violins, and probably to buy one at some point. Anything you know about violins and that type of instrument would be helpful... Thanks in advance!

By the way, I have no experience what so ever with violins or classical music at all, the closest thing to that was a guitar class I took at my school last year, but pretty much the only thing I picked up from that was how to read sheet music (and even that only at a bare minimum, takes me a long time to figure things out). I know a little bit of music theory, I know my scales and the like, but I'm not sure how that will apply to violin.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Oct 22 2007, 03:00 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:50 AM