My First Concert Ozzfest, Nile kicked my ass!
VinceG
Aug 27 2007, 02:58 PM
GMC:er
Man, me and my friend just got back from Ozzfest. Seeing Ozzy was deffintely a great concert in my book because of his great bond with Zakk. My fav concert of the day was Nile though. Sine this is my first concert, seeing Nile totally just kicked my ass. Me and my friend was standing on the left side of the stage were we can see the upcomming bands and while Showdown was playing, Dallas was practicing. Me and my friend was screaming out Nile really loud and he gave us the horns. Then about 5 min later we saw Karl with Dallas and we screamed Nile again, then both of them gave us the horns. When they were playing, Karl was always making eye contact with me and my friend and giving us horns. After the show, Karl was gonna give us picks but he didnt have any so he went and shook our hands and we got free cuts to signing autographs. It was just f*ckin awesome meating all of them. Karl was a nice guy!

Behemoth had a short venue though so we didnt enjoy them much since we lost our position when we got something to drink.

On to the mainstage: Lordi was boring, they didnt get the crowd moving. Static X shocked me on how good they got the crowd going. Everyone was moshpitting on a slanted hill and after a while we started tearing the grass and throwing it to people. For like 30 min the whole sky was filled with cigarrete/pot smoke and grass land fills. It was just insane. Lamb Of God was waaaay too long. Ozzy was a great ending for the night. A few encore songs.

Now there are a few bands that were just boring like The Showdown which was a complete ripp off of Pantera, In This Moment with there silly metalcore breakdowns and the band with the most annoying frontman Hatebreed.

Was it a great day? Sure! you bet your ass it was. I got to meet Nile, shook there hands and getting the horns from the great Dallas and Karl. Met some cool people. Overall, a great day!

Oh yea this isnt really a review for Ozzfest, i was just giving 2 cents on what I thought seeing Nile and other noteworthy bands.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
The Uncreator
Aug 28 2007, 05:54 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Yeah they were alot of cool bands there, Nile puts on one of the most devastating shows ive ever seen to date.

Behemoth ive never seen, but i do love there music! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Aug 28 2007, 06:25 AM
yep Nile destroyed the secon stage. All the bands were all swearing to the crowd to get them pumped up but Nile just played and everyone went nuts. Some kid fell off crowd surfing and hit his head pretty hard on asphault. He tried standing up but he was out cold, he looked pretty f*d up.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 28 2007, 07:55 AM
I wanna see nile soo bad.. same with log.. i cudn;t see a lamb of god show being too long biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 03:57 AM