Recording Guitar
Jeff
Dec 14 2007, 04:52 PM
GMC:er
Hey Marcus,

I am using the PODxt to record guitar into Pro Tools. My question is about recording in mono vs. stereo. As you know, the PODxt has the left and right out. If I want to record a guitar take, would it be best to use both right and left out into Pro Tools at the same time as two separate mono tracks or should I just take both R and L and mix them together in one stereo track? Perhaps use only Left out as one mono.

Since the guitar is not really a stereo track I am wondering what the best set-up for something like this is, or if I should even bother with creating a stereo track at all with guitar. I don't know if there really is a benefit unless I am using some sort of stereo effect and maybe I have just answered my own question...

I remember that you are using POD + Pro Tools. How do you record your guitars? Any advice?

thanks

-Jeff

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:01 AM