Historical Failure .mp3
Ayen
Oct 16 2007, 04:02 AM
GMC:er
I was blown away by your Historical Failure solo lesson, and was wondering if/where I could get the full song. I realize that Kris said to stay tuned for news on your project, but I just can't wait! It's too awesome!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jammer91
Oct 16 2007, 04:05 AM
QUOTE (Ayen @ Oct 16 2007, 07:02 AM) *
I was blown away by your Historical Failure solo lesson, and was wondering if/where I could get the full song. I realize that Kris said to stay tuned for news on your project, but I just can't wait! It's too awesome!

+1

Still havent completed entire lesson.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Oct 16 2007, 04:10 AM
Instructor
Thank you very much, Ayen! biggrin.gif

I promise that, when the time is right, we'll give you the full song. As Kris mentioned, we got something going on and when we decide to make it public - there's no chance you will miss it!! laugh.gif

... so STAY TUNED!! wink.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Ayen
Oct 16 2007, 04:23 AM
Ah alright, I'll be waiting patiently in my corner then. Just wake me up when the time comes, and watch out, im a bit cranky after waking up.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
steve25
Oct 16 2007, 08:24 PM
Hey Marcus great solo but i have a question about the backing if i may? You say the chords are E-m C and D i think it was but they all sound like power chords to me in that, how can you get a minor our of power chords when i thought that they are neither major or minor?

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Oct 16 2007, 09:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (steve25 @ Oct 16 2007, 09:24 PM) *
Hey Marcus great solo but i have a question about the backing if i may? You say the chords are E-m C and D i think it was but they all sound like power chords to me in that, how can you get a minor our of power chords when i thought that they are neither major or minor?

Hi Steve,

That's a very good observation, and also a very good question. smile.gif

The chord progression are in fact E-minor, C and D. But as you say, these chords are played as power chords on the guitar which means we shouldn't be able to tell if it's minor/major....

But we must also concider all the other instruments involved; bass, strings, organs, vocals etc. because the notes from those instruments form the complete chord/harmony. For example, the strings play the notes E and G. And the guitar play the notes E and B (power chord). Together these two instruments will form the complete E-minor chord (notes: E, G and B )

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
steve25
Oct 16 2007, 09:26 PM
The strings as in another stringed instrument? I hear some other stringed instrument one i think in the song so does that mean it's only e-minor once in that solo?

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Oct 16 2007, 09:58 PM
Instructor
The strings as in another stringed instrument?

Yes, exactly! (For this particular backing track I've used violins) smile.gif

I hear some other stringed instrument one i think in the song so does that mean it's only e-minor once in that solo?

If that was true, the answer would be: yes

But... no, the violins plays the notes E and G, every time I play the E power chord. Please check again. (the violins, organs & choirs are at pretty low volume so it might be difficult to hear though) smile.gif

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Davidian
Oct 28 2007, 05:27 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I think those riffs are awesome!
Could you please do them in one of your lessons?
That would be so cool!

-Davidian

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Oct 28 2007, 05:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Davidian @ Oct 28 2007, 06:27 AM) *
I think those riffs are awesome!
Could you please do them in one of your lessons?
That would be so cool!

-Davidian

Thank you Davidian!

-Absolutely! I'll look into it smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Davidian
Oct 28 2007, 06:06 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thank you very much, Marcus! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:20 PM