Multiple Techinques In Practice Routine
Shredly
Jul 7 2009, 02:12 PM
GMC:er
Im spending a little time on each technique that im trying to learn everyday rather than just trying to master one technique at a time. In other words im devoting 10 to 15 minutes per day to each lesson and im working on quite a few lessons. Its adding up to a hell of a workout (4-5 hours). Is it better to devote that time to one or two areas or keep it spread out like im doing? This makes sense to me because i should gradually improve in all the areas that im interested in.

Regards,

Andy

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 7 2009, 02:19 PM
Instructor
Both ways are fine if you're really practicing imo.
You can try to work on 2-3 technique per day if you want
and then next day you work on next few techniques, why not.
It's quite impossible to stick with the plan 100% tho,
if you're up for legato per example then spend whole day on legato if you want,
no harm done. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 7 2009, 02:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well, it all depends on how "spread out" your lessons are.. If you have, for example, 3-4 sweeping lessons in your routine, and do them all one after another, you'd get a lot out of that workout since you would be going through several instructors methods.
That's a better workout then doing 10 minutes of alternate picking, 10 minutes with tapping and then 10 minutes of alternate picking again..

That's how I'm trying to dicipline myself to work out, anyway ^^

This post has been edited by Canis: Jul 7 2009, 02:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 7 2009, 04:07 PM
Instructor
As Muris nicely said, practice routines and time scheduling in general can vary from day to day so it's hard sometimes to stick with it 100%, but any practice is good practice as long as you stick with it. As long as you work hard and work on what you want you will advance, and any system is better. In general I think you asnwered your question yourself, what you practice you will play better.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Startear
Jul 7 2009, 04:15 PM
GMC:er
You should have days when you don't practice certain techniques at all, just play something else. I do that from time to time and always play better afterwards.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 7 2009, 06:53 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Any practice is good. For most efficient way of practicing - its good to select few techniques you want to focus on for a session.Its not good to start with a technique and do it 15 minutes (you get just warmed up to it) and then quit and go for a completely different one. Try to spend at least 30 minutes on a certain technique before doing something completely different.Also remember to include no practice days in your practice plan. You need to rest , its equally important.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:45 PM