Coolest Totally Non-music-related Thing..., ... and yet it does have some music to it...
Kaneda
Jun 11 2007, 09:12 PM
Other side of the coin
Photosynth - probably the greatest, most innovative, inspired, trippy, wonderful thing Microsoft has ever created (well, bought, actually - as usual). Right now it requires a plethora of components to be downloaded (and I couldn't get it to work in Firefox, although it should work there too), but it's really worth it to start up Internet Explorer:

http://labs.live.com/photosynth/

Here's a video to look at it, and get it explained, without installing anything (except Flash Player, which we're using here anyway).

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/129

Don't know how much of a net connection it requires - since I have a fairly fast one. Will also probably require a relatively new computer (although mine is ancient for a guy working in IT).

Yes, non music related. And yet, it inspires me in more than a visual way biggrin.gif It's more than a photo collection.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kaneda: Jun 11 2007, 09:20 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
JVM
Jun 11 2007, 09:22 PM
Learning Roadie
Amazing. TED always has interesting stuff.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:45 PM