Thoughts On Aerodyne Strats
iamblackmo
Sep 1 2009, 01:10 AM
GMC:er
I have had my eye on a Strat or a Telecaster for a while now.

I would really like one that has a body I would fall in love with (no not a woman)

I love the molding on the Aerodyne but I am looking for some input. I am yearning that SSS Alder body tone but the price on these guitars make me skeptical.

I have seen one in person with a floating bridge and it seemed fairly inexpensive, ($325 American @ Sam Ash) but that made me very skeptical about it's quality, plus it had EMG's on it and that is not what I am looking for in my first Fender.

Should I wait for a Fender Standard, if so, do they make them with the nice molding work?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Sep 1 2009, 01:26 AM
GMC:er
well let me tell you,

before i went ibanez, i always wanted an aerodyne strat...they were really cool to play...i believe there are japanese fenders, not mexican

dont be fooled by EMGs...they sound really good for any kind of music! they just require more tweaking in the EQ of your amp...

Alder bodies have become my favorite...ive always gotten my best tone from alder...honestly, i think its a better looking guitar, and better quality than any standard mexican strat....try to get one with a fixed bridge though

hope that helps!

also check youtube for videos!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 1 2009, 02:19 AM
Learning Roadie
My first electric guitar that worked was an Aerodyne Tele. I still have it. They sound great and play pretty well, but the electronics inside might warrant some looking at. I think it is a worthy purchase though, just get it checked out so you don't unexpectedly have a problem with the input or something.

Oh, and just a note, these guitars are super light, or at least the tele is smile.gif

This post has been edited by JVM: Sep 1 2009, 02:20 AM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:15 PM