> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Ben's Vibrato Odyssey 1, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

mhskeide
Feb 12 2017, 10:07 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Original lesson: Ben's Vibrato Odyssey 1 by Ben Higgins

I`ve finally realized my vibrato need some serious work, so this series should be perfect for me. After ten years of playing, I`ve almost never tried classical vibrato, so this was more challenging to get than I thought. some delay added post. Sorry for the lights. My room was too dark, so I tried getting the guitar lit up at least.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 15 2017, 02:22 PM
Instructor
Hi friend,

Working on vibrato is a great move! It's an essential technique for a guitarist and one of the more expressive ones.

I think that this is a good first entry for this lesson. That kind of vibrato is not very commonly used in electric guitar but it sounds great. You are doing it well by now, the vibration is happening but you need to continue working if you want to make it sounds as deep and expressive as it sounds in the original lesson. There is some more room to make it sounds wider, but what is more important it the rhythm of the vibration which is different, not regular and not completely related to the backings's groove.

I know that this is not easy and that you'll need more time, but the good news are that you are on the way. Keep on the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 16 2017, 01:20 PM
GMC Founder
First - I also agree this lesson is a good choice as it forces you use your arm and shoulder when doing vibrato. I think that's essential to getting a good , deep and controlled vibrato.

I agree with Gab, try to follow Ben's phrasing and don't do any vibrato at all in the beginning of the notes and then come in rhythmically (you can think of 8th and 16th notes as a starting point).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 18 2017, 02:54 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

As Gabriel said - classical vibrato is a rarely used technique on electric guitar though there's nothing wrong to apply it to our playing. It has a specific, soft affect on the note and it's very "safe" pitch-wise. Your vibrato is a little square at the moment, but I'm sure once you'll dig it, it will get it's smoothness.

As has been mentioned - rhythm and depth management of vibrato are critical to perform it nicely. To to speed it up thorugh all length of vibrated note. You can start from a straight, "unvibrated" note and slowly start to increase the vibration.

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 20 2017, 01:43 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 5.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:53 PM