> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Funk Soloing Lesson, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Manu RASSE
Mar 9 2017, 06:16 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Original lesson: Funk Soloing Lesson by Muris Varajic

Hi GMC

I worked hard, you followed the difficulties with the speed on my thread
I listened to your advice and I kept hard work.
Also, Grappa gave me some good advice via Private message on the pressure which it is necessary to apply on the nec.
I understood some things, I'm happy.

Thank you.

I hope you will enjoy my record.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MisterM: Mar 9 2017, 06:22 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 10 2017, 01:44 PM
Instructor
Hi again mate,

as I've commented at the mentoring thread, this is also a killer take! Your playing is precise an expressive on this one. I watch it over and over and besides that little detail in the last lick, I don't note any relevant issue to improve. You are ready to move forward.

Congrats!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 13 2017, 10:11 AM
Instructor
Hey there!
Your overall performance is descent and pleasant to listen, but I can notice 3 aspects that I feel are not totally right by far:
1. Your speed runs are huge improvement since last time, but there is still some timming tightness missing and they become sort of blurried with drums. To be more clear - it would make just a little problem to tab them out from your take

2. Tone - just a little too much gain and too much fizzy treble. It's not critical, but from professional point of view it needs to be noticed. Your gain amount doesn't deliver that visible amp break out on the harder strokes. Frequency response of your tone is brighter than original Muris'es tone but I do not find this to be a problem. It's a rather about a a narrow range of "fizzyness" somewhere around 5-6 kHz". Deep but narrow cut should solve the problem without destroying overall tone.

3. Accents - in original lesson the accents are much contrasted to "fill" notes. You play reasonably even and smooth but it lack those tiny bites that Muris does in his take

Aside from above, there's a long list of things thast you make just fine smile.gif Well done

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 19 2017, 12:03 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
One more vote please! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 19 2017, 01:34 PM
GMC Founder
The speed runs are the where the obvious mistakes can be found.

But more importantly, your take is not as tight and swingy as Muris', for example the ending of the phrase at 00:10. But this can heard throughout.

To me it seems this is strictly a matter of practicing time, I think you could easily groove like that - if you didn't have to concentrate so much on getting the licks down.

Since this take is musical/enjoyable take anyway, it gets a good grade from me (7)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 21 2017, 02:06 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:59 PM