Transcribing / Sheetmusic / Guitar?
antonskv
Apr 30 2010, 12:43 PM
GMC:er
Hi Guys,

I have some questions.... First i have a friend who needs something to help him automate writing process for sheet music. I recommended Sibelius since i heard it does that. Does anybody have any experience with that? I have Sibelius 6 i borrowed from somebody for a short time. I wanted to make it work myself so i can show it to him when he buys it, but for the love of God i cant seem to get it to write sheet music from my MIDI controller in real time. Can somebody point me into the right direction? Thanks. (Or maybe recommend another software if Sibelius doesn't do that?)

Then another thing... MIDI from guitar. I've looked for such and found a guitar that has it built in... Heh for over 4000 dollars: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Parker-Guitars...835-i1440224.gc
(Figured - NO WAY)

I have read previous thread on this subject somewhere in the forum and you guys were discussing something called GK-3, made by Roland. Just wanted to make sure.... GK-3 has a simple MIDI output that i can plug into my EMU? So only GK-3 would be required? (Obvious question: It actually works? hehe lol)

I guess if GK-3 works, Sibelius can also be used in same way with guitar(equipped with GK-3) as with MIDI keyboard? For transcribing sheet music from the instrument in real time? Even if its not super-exact.

Thanks for your input guys.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:56 PM