Yearning for the life she once had
Reaching for the slightest bit of hope
Elizabeth, A ghost of Lexington
Wanderer, Of the Anti-Purgatory
Walking aimlessly, Adrift forever....
Alone she will be

Tread the water of the spirit world
Kept away from true death
A sound, A voice, Footsteps you hear....
Someone calling?
Someone reaching out for you?

“I hear the voices, I hear the calls
But more tears build, up around my eyes
For even now, In the presence of something
My swan song reaches no one”

As if a voice behind a wall
The presence of Elizabeth speak out
But falls upon the deafest of ears
So eager is her heart to begin anew
Whatever happened, to that promised afterlife

“Someone speak to me
Someone say something to me
All I need is a friendly touch
A friendly embrace...”

Chorus
Between Two Worlds
A loveless shell
Yearning for the life she once had
Reaching for the slightest bit of hope
Elizabeth, A ghost of Lexington
Wanderer, Of the Anti-Purgatory
Walking aimlessly, Adrift forever....
Alone she will be

© Brett Windnagle
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Ok, So I wrote these today in Math class after a test. Its one part inspired by the movie "The Patriot", even though last time i saw it was like 2 years ago, another by Iced Earths "The Clouding", and lastly, a good episode of the TV show "Ghost Hunters".

Ok so, April 19th, 1775, American Revolutionary War breaks out, and in one of the first battles, In Lexington. A woman and her family are killed, caught in the crossfire. Her family all ascends to heaven, But for whatever reason she stays back, She cant see or hear anyone, dead or alive. Trapped in between life and death, in what i call the "Anti-Purgatory".

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 21 2008, 04:04 PM
GMC:er
Interesting lyrics. I like lyrics inspired by events and other artists. It's hard for me to understand how these fit in a song context as I don't think it is evident in the type of music I listen to regularly. I think you need to get some of these writings in song form. I think a lot of them are more like poems and short stories. I think you could make quite a bit of money if you put all of your writings together into a book of short stories or poetry and I reckon you'd get published. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 21 2008, 10:32 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
haha, I dont know if im quite the author yet. Most of my songs are just stories, And when it comes to fitting into a song, It works great in my head. The rhythm for the song is usually in the enunciation of each words, Not necessarily the words as a sentence or set of words.

Me not owning a mic, Or possessing a voice worth hearing, and not knowing any singers really into Metal, makes it a bit hard.

One day though smile.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 22 2008, 01:14 AM
Yeah. Its hard to find singers for sure. Especially good ones. I guess the lyrics need someone with an epic voice that isnt too screamy so you can hear every word.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 22 2008, 02:06 AM
I imagine a very theatrical male and female voice for this one, Like a Narrator and the voice of the woman. I tend to think in characters when i write, or atleast from a viewpoint of someone who is telling the story.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 22 2008, 08:39 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Apr 22 2008, 02:06 AM) *
I imagine a very theatrical male and female voice for this one, Like a Narrator and the voice of the woman. I tend to think in characters when i write, or atleast from a viewpoint of someone who is telling the story.

The audio books biggrin.gif

I'd buy them smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 22 2008, 03:06 PM
Haha! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 22 2008, 03:08 PM
I really enjoy your lyrics. You need to get a band together asap. They are actually well thought out which for lyrics these days is certainly something. General lyrics these days "Underneath the tree, you were my honey bee" biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 22 2008, 03:11 PM
This summer, wants my schooling is done (finally!!) Ill be looking to start one for sure. I just need to find a drummer, second guitarist, bassist, and a singer......Okay, i need a whole band sad.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 22 2008, 03:15 PM
biggrin.gif It's never easy. Although we have 2 drummers, 3 guitarists and a vocalist. Just need a bassist smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Apr 28 2008, 12:48 AM
Learning Rock Star
God I love your stories! biggrin.gif
This one reminds me to "Ghost of Freedom" by Iced Earth (You know the song I mean wink.gif)
Keep up the great lyrics and amazing stories! biggrin.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 28 2008, 12:56 AM
Thanks many Stevie smile.gif

Glad you enjoy them as much as I.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:38 AM