Banjo Lessons?
Lazarus Angelo
Dec 3 2007, 09:53 AM
GMC:er
Theres probably not very many people that would consider putting banjo lessons on a guitar learning site, but I think its an acceptable request. I just got a banjo, and I honestly have no idea how to play, and I think it would be cool to see maybe a section of lessons for other guitar-like instruments like banjos or mandolins or something. Just a thought I figured I would throw out there. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 3 2007, 10:18 AM
QUOTE (Lazarus Angelo @ Dec 3 2007, 02:53 AM) *
Theres probably not very many people that would consider putting banjo lessons on a guitar learning site, but I think its an acceptable request. I just got a banjo, and I honestly have no idea how to play, and I think it would be cool to see maybe a section of lessons for other guitar-like instruments like banjos or mandolins or something. Just a thought I figured I would throw out there. smile.gif

i would prefer anyone simulating how to get a banjo sound out of an electric. With effects and some tuning, I expect a reasonable facsimile is possible. maybe. but not having a banjo, and liking the banjo sound, that sounds good to me.

or a banjo lesson where I would try to figure out how to do that myself.

or perhaps I should just go to bed.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Dec 3 2007, 10:25 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Dec 3 2007, 05:18 PM) *
or perhaps I should just go to bed.

laugh.gif

I personally would like a Banjo lesson, but I fear there would be very few players on GMC who could offer one. I do not play or own a Banjo, but my sister does so basically I own one since she doesn't use it. They are fun to fiddle with but the sound is kind of too twangy and gets annoying after awhile.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lazarus Angelo
Dec 3 2007, 10:27 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Dec 3 2007, 01:18 AM) *
i would prefer anyone simulating how to get a banjo sound out of an electric.

That does sound pretty cool as well

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 3 2007, 01:50 PM
Instructor
What type of benjo do you have? Is it a guitar benjo type or just a regular benjo. Maybe endeen someone can emulate the benjo playing technique on a guitar.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 3 2007, 01:55 PM
Lets go fishing!
Just watch The Master biggrin.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

But seriously, great idea !! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Lazarus Angelo
Dec 3 2007, 02:01 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Dec 3 2007, 04:50 AM) *
What type of benjo do you have? Is it a guitar benjo type or just a regular benjo. Maybe endeen someone can emulate the benjo playing technique on a guitar.

I don't know alot about banjos so I just got a Gibson one from Guitar Center. I really have no clue if its a good quality banjo or not.

QUOTE (mattacuk @ Dec 3 2007, 04:55 AM) *

Haha, that is actually the video that made me want to get a banjo.

Buckethead is just amazing.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 3 2007, 02:09 PM
Lets go fishing!
Thats some chicken pickin lickin Banjo playing right there! laugh.gif smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
chast
Dec 3 2007, 02:10 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Dec 3 2007, 01:55 PM) *

Is there an instrument he cant play ? Oo
Buckethead is just sick biggrin.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 3 2007, 02:12 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (chast @ Dec 3 2007, 01:10 PM) *
Is there an instrument he cant play ? Oo
Buckethead is just sick biggrin.gif

Unlikely, I have seen him play Eletric, Acoustic Guitar, Banjo, Piano and Bass all to an outstanding level! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
chast
Dec 3 2007, 02:17 PM
Learning Roadie
Reminds me a bit of Shawn Lane wink.gif
Shawn Lane was a big influence for Buckethead or ?
I think I read this somewhere

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 3 2007, 02:23 PM
Lets go fishing!
Yes i belive so, Buckethead said in a magazine interveiw that Paul Gilbert brings him around shawne lane tapes and makes him watch laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:32 PM