2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Midi To Mp3/wav, Possible? If So, how?
FretDancer69
Oct 2 2007, 10:25 AM
GMC:er
ok. I downloaded and tried the MIDInight software, seemed like a nice software, thought it would do the job. But there was a problem, when i try to play the MIDI song in the program, it says something like "no PRG's found". How can i fix that ?

im gonna give the other software a shot.

Ok, i tried the other software but it only lets me record 30 secs of WAV file... sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Oct 2 2007, 10:48 AM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 2 2007, 05:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Oct 2 2007, 11:25 AM) *
ok. I downloaded and tried the MIDInight software, seemed like a nice software, thought it would do the job. But there was a problem, when i try to play the MIDI song in the program, it says something like "no PRG's found". How can i fix that ?

im gonna give the other software a shot.

Ok, i tried the other software but it only lets me record 30 secs of WAV file... sad.gif

Seems like my problem with GP smile.gif
Look into preferences/options for MIDI playback device or som.
Try each offered option and see the result. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 2 2007, 06:32 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
As far as I can see FretDancer .prg is some form of file extension.

I've had a look around and Polyhedric (who make MidiNight) use a .prg extension in their WAVmaker software (which isn't free). I'm not sure why MidiNight needs it, and their website doesn't mention it at all.

Anyway if MidiNight has an options page/tab in it's screen have a look if you can alter the extension to some other. If it doesn't it looks like another non-starter I'm afraid.

TBH converting midi to a wav isn't going to be easy. Midi is event data and really hasn't any audio of it's own to call on. Muris (as an example) can do it in Cubase because he has softsynths that allow Cubase to essentially write the events to their wavetable and for that to be written as audio that is then rendered as part of (or all of) the wav file. Any software like MidiNight has to not only be able to read and convert events but also provide a full wavetable - and so essentially emulate a synth that the audio can be compiled from - or be able to call on one (I'd have thought that the most common would be the old Yamaha GS table). For some reason MidiNight seems to be looking for a different one to a GS here (guessing that's the .prg)

Going back to GP try the following (from GP) - note that you have to have the RSE installed:

>>Windows users :

In order to allow the WAV acquisition, with both MIDI and RSE sound, Guitar Pro uses the « Stereo Sound Mixing » line in the « Windows Volume Control » (accessible in the « Option » menu). Note that you must position yourself in the recording section (by default, the panel posted corresponds with the playing section). To do that, in the option menu of « Windows Volume Control » window, go into « Properties », and select « Recording » in the « Adjust volume for » section.

Once the « Recording control » panel is displayed, check if the « Stereo Sound Mixing » line is selected and its level not null. The level used must be relatively low to avoid the signal saturation in your exported WAV file.

Your computer is now ready for the RSE / MIDI sound acquisition in your WAV file from Guitar Pro.

<<

If that doesn't work then I can only think that GP doesn't seem to have a wavetable that it can compile audio for full rendering...

In short it's starting to look like it may be a non starter FretDancer at least as far as freeware goes - sorry about that. But try the GP fix and see if that works.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Hungus
Oct 2 2007, 06:41 PM
Did everyone just miss the post about how you can do it easily and simply (and free) or am I just being ignored?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 2 2007, 07:11 PM
Sorry Hungus -

I wasn't ignoring you smile.gif - I was just lazy and went to the end post.

WRT Goldwave - which I agree is a nice freeware wave editor program - I don't think you can import a midi file in to it. (Same is true for Audacity). Wave editors work on audio files and cannot usually import and/or edit midi events or for that matter convert the midi event file to an audio stream.

I could be wrong though as I don't use Goldwave so it may have a trick up its sleeve smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 2 2007, 09:05 PM
Moderation Policy Director
I believe Hungus was suggesting that you use Goldwave to record GT's output, so GT is doing the rendering to the mixer as it does whenever you playback, and you just record it through window's mixer.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 2 2007, 11:01 PM
laugh.gif (Looks for icon that shows me slapping forehead!)

- yes my stupid Hungus (and Andrew) - I must have been having a bad night and morning! Use GW to record the output from GP...

(Does seem to assume that you can loopback either direct within the sound card or with a suitable audio cable externally but no great problem.))

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hungus
Oct 2 2007, 11:24 PM
Ah its all good...I wasnt being serious. I was just actually trying to point out to Fretdancer that I had posted an convienent option because he may have missed it.

and yhea I think thats the deal Tony, the option is just called "What U Hear" and it records whatever sounds your computer may be making...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 3 2007, 01:21 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Oct 2 2007, 06:01 PM) *
(Does seem to assume that you can loopback either direct within the sound card or with a suitable audio cable externally but no great problem.))

Cheers,
Tony

Its down to the soundcard drivers I think, but I have never had a problem with doing this - the only question is whether the loopback occurs in digital or analog.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Oct 3 2007, 06:25 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Oct 2 2007, 11:32 AM) *
As far as I can see FretDancer .prg is some form of file extension.

I've had a look around and Polyhedric (who make MidiNight) use a .prg extension in their WAVmaker software (which isn't free). I'm not sure why MidiNight needs it, and their website doesn't mention it at all.

Anyway if MidiNight has an options page/tab in it's screen have a look if you can alter the extension to some other. If it doesn't it looks like another non-starter I'm afraid.

TBH converting midi to a wav isn't going to be easy. Midi is event data and really hasn't any audio of it's own to call on. Muris (as an example) can do it in Cubase because he has softsynths that allow Cubase to essentially write the events to their wavetable and for that to be written as audio that is then rendered as part of (or all of) the wav file. Any software like MidiNight has to not only be able to read and convert events but also provide a full wavetable - and so essentially emulate a synth that the audio can be compiled from - or be able to call on one (I'd have thought that the most common would be the old Yamaha GS table). For some reason MidiNight seems to be looking for a different one to a GS here (guessing that's the .prg)

Going back to GP try the following (from GP) - note that you have to have the RSE installed:

>>Windows users :

In order to allow the WAV acquisition, with both MIDI and RSE sound, Guitar Pro uses the « Stereo Sound Mixing » line in the « Windows Volume Control » (accessible in the « Option » menu). Note that you must position yourself in the recording section (by default, the panel posted corresponds with the playing section). To do that, in the option menu of « Windows Volume Control » window, go into « Properties », and select « Recording » in the « Adjust volume for » section.

Once the « Recording control » panel is displayed, check if the « Stereo Sound Mixing » line is selected and its level not null. The level used must be relatively low to avoid the signal saturation in your exported WAV file.

Your computer is now ready for the RSE / MIDI sound acquisition in your WAV file from Guitar Pro.

<<
If that doesn't work then I can only think that GP doesn't seem to have a wavetable that it can compile audio for full rendering...

In short it's starting to look like it may be a non starter FretDancer at least as far as freeware goes - sorry about that. But try the GP fix and see if that works.

Cheers,
Tony

i tried what you said. I didnt work.. sad.gif

QUOTE (Hungus @ Oct 2 2007, 11:41 AM) *
Did everyone just miss the post about how you can do it easily and simply (and free) or am I just being ignored?

sorry Hungus, im gonna give the software you mentioned a try.

QUOTE (Hungus @ Oct 2 2007, 01:17 AM) *
You could try Goldwave (http://www.goldwave.com/release.php)

Once you have downloaded Options -> control properties -> Volume then tick "What U Hear". Once you have done that just set goldwave to record and play your file in guitar pro then once its done you can edit out the silences and save it.

dude, i cant spot the "What You Hear" thing, it doesent appear.... blink.gif huh.gif huh.gif sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hungus
Oct 3 2007, 10:07 PM
Are you sure your in the right menu... do you see options like "MIDI Synth"
"CD Digital" "TAD-In" and "Auxiliary" because "What U hear" should be in the middle of those.

The menu is Options -> Control Properties -> "Volume"

If you still cant find it I can send you my version (its legal)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Oct 6 2007, 05:32 AM
QUOTE (Hungus @ Oct 3 2007, 03:07 PM) *
Are you sure your in the right menu... do you see options like "MIDI Synth"
"CD Digital" "TAD-In" and "Auxiliary" because "What U hear" should be in the middle of those.

The menu is Options -> Control Properties -> "Volume"

If you still cant find it I can send you my version (its legal)

no. i only have stuff that say "Master control" , "Mono mixer" , "Stereo Mixer" , "CD de audio" , "Microfono"

..... blink.gif huh.gif huh.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:41 PM