Daath
Scott Gentzen
Feb 26 2008, 01:19 PM
GMC:er
I don't really follow the death metal scene but I do keep an ear out for interesting things and I try to track them down when I find them.

Over the weekend, I heard a song on XM by a band called Daath called "Dead on the Dancefloor." I thought it was kind of an interesting attempt to pull some electronics into metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFp2bcqfGUM

When looking for some more stuff from them, I found this video on youtube of their guitar players riffing. Tasty tasty riffage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP4Rn7C3A9Y

Still trying to decide if I like their music, but the riffing video kicks to me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Feb 26 2008, 01:36 PM
In all honesty I really didn't care for that actual song but, those riffs weren't bad at all wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 26 2008, 02:14 PM
James Murphy recorded them I think which is pretty cool. They aren't so bad really. Not the best but far from the worst.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 26 2008, 04:07 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I love Daath, thought the hinderers was an incredible album, Subterfuge was a great song, but a favorite of mine would have to be "Ovum".

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Feb 26 2008, 04:59 PM
Instructor
I like the song that they are playing on the second video, it's called "From the Blind", and I love that PRS guitar smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Feb 27 2008, 06:37 PM
Instructor
I like it. I think it´s an interesting band.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:42 AM