2 Pages V   1 2 >  
2014 First Goals...
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 8 2014, 06:24 AM
Instructor
Hey guys! We are starting the third month of 2014, and I'm interested in knowing if you have been doing the first steps to achieve the goals that you planned for this year.

In my case, I can say that this has been my first steps for 2014 goals (at least the ones that I remember now):

- Diary guitar sessions covering the topics that I plan every 15 days.
- I've composed around 10 songs between January and February.
- My days are much more organized. I'm more effective and productive at work and with my band.
- I'm reading 2 books.

What about you?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Mar 8 2014, 06:46 PM
GMC:er
Meditate
Write and release my first solo album
Stop smoking
Learn Spanish
Study polyrhythmic subdivisions untill I can change them on the fly
Complete overhaul of left and right hand technique through "tai-chi"-like practice sessions
Reading three books at the moment(Effortless Mastery(again), Beyond war - The Human Potential for Peace, The Evolving Self)
Call my sister(the hardest on the list for sure).

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by verciazghra: Mar 8 2014, 07:07 PM

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 8 2014, 09:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (verciazghra @ Mar 8 2014, 02:46 PM) *
Meditate
Write and release my first solo album
Stop smoking
Learn Spanish
Study polyrhythmic subdivisions untill I can change them on the fly
Complete overhaul of left and right hand technique through "tai-chi"-like practice sessions
Reading three books at the moment(Effortless Mastery(again), Beyond war - The Human Potential for Peace, The Evolving Self)
Call my sister(the hardest on the list for sure).

That's a very nice list. This steps can show that your goal is to evolve as a person and professional. Very inspiring. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Mar 8 2014, 10:33 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 8 2014, 09:54 PM) *
That's a very nice list. This steps can show that your goal is to evolve as a person and professional. Very inspiring. smile.gif

I like your list too!

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 9 2014, 07:51 AM
Instructor
I am reading everyday, practicing guitar every day, working out and training with the sword, eating fruit, meditating and drinking tea. I have built the healthy habits and now it's time to see the exact aims of each set for this year. I didn't want to push myself into something I wouldn't be ready yet, so I just took the first important step: Setting the daily habits.. and it worked smile.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Mar 9 2014, 05:12 PM
One of my goals is to learn all the notes on the neck. I am following The professors theory lesson on it and applying his method.So hopefully by dedicating time to it everyday I should be able to tick this goal of the list in no time smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 9 2014, 08:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 9 2014, 03:51 AM) *
I am reading everyday, practicing guitar every day, working out and training with the sword, eating fruit, meditating and drinking tea. I have built the healthy habits and now it's time to see the exact aims of each set for this year. I didn't want to push myself into something I wouldn't be ready yet, so I just took the first important step: Setting the daily habits.. and it worked smile.gif

Great news friend! It seems that you are changing those habits that are definitive to have a healthy, more productive and happy life. Congrats Cos. smile.gif

QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Mar 9 2014, 01:12 PM) *
One of my goals is to learn all the notes on the neck. I am following The professors theory lesson on it and applying his method.So hopefully by dedicating time to it everyday I should be able to tick this goal of the list in no time smile.gif

Excellent decision! If you add some ear training workout to connect your mind and ear with your fret board, your will master the 2 most important things that a guitarist should learn to be a great player and composer.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Mar 10 2014, 12:06 AM
Learning Tone Master
no more new kids
play and record technical difficulties and black star
stopping physical work and be a full time developer
Love my wife better
spend more time with my kids(dang they grow up quick)

The hard part, everything on this list, takes time away from everything else on the list

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Mar 10 2014, 08:27 AM
Excellent decision! If you add some ear training workout to connect your mind and ear with your fret board, your will master the 2 most important things that a guitarist should learn to be a great player and composer.
[/quote]

This is also something I am trying to learn Gabriel. I am really looking forward to being able to look at the fret board in a new way and be able to connect chords, scales ect . I really need to work hard on the theory side to guitar this year smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 10 2014, 08:27 AM
Instructor
Thanks Gabi smile.gif You know, I realized something - anything is possible if you stop inventing excuses and just get to it wink.gif We're always picking up something that keeps us in the comfort zone. It's true it's not a general conclusion and there are some people (a lot actually) whose lives are really demanding and time is really an issue for them. But eventually with a lot of perseverance anyone can get through with their dreams smile.gif That is what I believe!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 10 2014, 10:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Mar 9 2014, 08:06 PM) *
no more new kids
play and record technical difficulties and black star
stopping physical work and be a full time developer
Love my wife better
spend more time with my kids(dang they grow up quick)

The hard part, everything on this list, takes time away from everything else on the list

You goals are very nice mate. I think that you will be able to do everything every week if you are organized, and you ask yourself every time you find yourself doing something... "Is this helping me to achieve my goals?" "Is this connected to my main interests?" "Is this the best thing I can do right now to?". Use notepad (and yes, a pencil tongue.gif ) to right down your diary plans and always ask yourself about what you are doing.. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 11 2014, 09:11 AM
Instructor
And to add at Gabi's great suggestions - ALWAYS take a step back and notice yourself when you are procrastinating smile.gif believe it or not, this is one of the most important reasons because of which people waste time smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 11 2014, 12:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 11 2014, 05:11 AM) *
And to add at Gabi's great suggestions - ALWAYS take a step back and notice yourself when you are procrastinating smile.gif believe it or not, this is one of the most important reasons because of which people waste time smile.gif

Great addition Cosmin. It's something normal for us to postpone important things and occupy ourselves with less important stuff. It's a must do exercise to fix it, if you want to achieve your goals.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 11 2014, 05:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
I didn't actually make any goals for 2014, so I've not reached any of them yet tongue.gif

But I'll throw some in here:

- Become more familiarized with my mindset, how to work with myself rather than against myself.
- Getting a regular practice schedule put together
- Buying an 8 string
- Getting my cat sterilized (shortly!) for no more annoying cat-in-heat meowing.
- Perhaps redecorating my attic space for guitar practicing. There's no electricity up there though, so it would mean perhaps bringing an oil lamp up there along with my laptop, audiocard and so on. Bit of a hassle, but I reckon it would give me a nice place to practice without being interrupted by other things.
- Learn a lot of inversions of chords.

I think that was some of the goals from on top of my head.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 12 2014, 09:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 11 2014, 04:54 PM) *
I didn't actually make any goals for 2014, so I've not reached any of them yet tongue.gif

- Become more familiarized with my mindset, how to work with myself rather than against myself.
- Buying an 8 string
- Getting my cat sterilized (shortly!) for no more annoying cat-in-heat meowing.
- Perhaps redecorating my attic space for guitar practicing. There's no electricity up there though, so it would mean perhaps bringing an oil lamp up there along with my laptop, audiocard and so on. Bit of a hassle, but I reckon it would give me a nice place to practice without being interrupted by other things.

Mate, what I would come to ask you - why do you want to learn a lot of chord inversions? I don't say it's a bad thing, but it has to have a definite purpose smile.gif Usually, when we set a goal, we have to have a reason for it. It has to be means to an end, otherwise, we will most probably lose interest along the way smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 12 2014, 11:19 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 12 2014, 09:09 AM) *
Mate, what I would come to ask you - why do you want to learn a lot of chord inversions? I don't say it's a bad thing, but it has to have a definite purpose smile.gif Usually, when we set a goal, we have to have a reason for it. It has to be means to an end, otherwise, we will most probably lose interest along the way smile.gif

To cut it short I got talking with a friend of mine about inversions, and I just started looking at some for the fun of it, and some of these sounded better than the original chords I knew (I only really looked at 7th chords). I only really know the simplest chord forms, the barre chords and open chords and a few 7th chords, add9s and so on. I'd like to extent my range of chord knowledge so I can use it in my playing... in a djenty way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 12 2014, 03:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 11 2014, 01:54 PM) *

- Buying an 8 string

Write down this goals in a notepad and go deeper with them. Write what's the reason, where you are going with them. What previous steps you need to achieve them and use it a roadmap for the next weeks. Try to set bigger and smaller goals and your life will change drastically. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 12 2014, 05:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 12 2014, 03:30 PM) *
Write down this goals in a notepad and go deeper with them. Write what's the reason, where you are going with them. What previous steps you need to achieve them and use it a roadmap for the next weeks. Try to set bigger and smaller goals and your life will change drastically. smile.gif

It does feel nice to write down goals. I'm not too good with a notepad though. I tend to just end up throwing it away! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 13 2014, 09:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 12 2014, 04:24 PM) *
It does feel nice to write down goals. I'm not too good with a notepad though. I tend to just end up throwing it away! laugh.gif

Ah, well mate, that's where you have to conquer yourself wink.gif Stick to the notes and be hard on yourself. As Gabi suggested, your goals have to have a reason - Why do I want to learn inversions? Because I want to write a song in which inversions will offer a nice interesting sound to the bridge in that song. See, this is a precise goal with a tangible end, having offered you knowledge on the long run (you will be able to use the inversions in other future contexts as well) and with spot on application - the bridge in the song.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 13 2014, 09:56 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 13 2014, 09:27 AM) *
Ah, well mate, that's where you have to conquer yourself wink.gif Stick to the notes and be hard on yourself. As Gabi suggested, your goals have to have a reason - Why do I want to learn inversions? Because I want to write a song in which inversions will offer a nice interesting sound to the bridge in that song. See, this is a precise goal with a tangible end, having offered you knowledge on the long run (you will be able to use the inversions in other future contexts as well) and with spot on application - the bridge in the song.

That's a very nice way of putting it! I'll see if I can't find my old notepad and write some stuff down. Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:06 PM