Turner Acoustic Guitars
BollyRotten
Oct 29 2008, 12:29 PM
GMC:er
Hi People.

I just thought i would post on here about my acoustic guitar as you may or may not have heard of this brand.
They are called Turner Guitars. They are machine made but hand finished and set up spot on. Based in the UK but are not made here just finished & set up I believe.

to quote their site.

"Each instrument is made using the finest solid spruce tops with precise scalloped bracing. They have a bone nut and saddle for extra tone and the fingerboard has a 45mm width at the nut making the guitar a ‘fingerstyle’ players’ dream"

I bought one (second hand left hander) and have been amazed by it. finish is great, nice low action and tone to die for. They are basically copies of Taylor guitars but done very very well and allot cheaper! I paid £275 Uk pounds for mine. You can find cheaper right handed versions as there are more of your right handers around. For us lefties choice is very very limited. Going to a guitar shop for a lefty gives you about 1-2 guitars to look at :-( in my case around where i live usually none are available but can be ordered in. To me thats no good as you want to try before you buy!

Turner guitars have lots of series of models going from series 30,40,50,60,70,80 & 90 the higher the series model the pricer they become. within each series they have different body shapes.

I bought a 74ce left handed grand auditorium shape electro acoustic. Out of all different brands i managed to try out, this one sang out to me the most, you cant believe tone for value.
Prices range from around £200 + to £800+ uk pounds. Second hand ones can be cheaper no doubt. look on ebay!

So there it is just thought i would let you know about my acoustic guitar and how good i find it to play. If you are looking for a new acoustic then I suggest (if you can find these in your countries) you try and check one of these out.
I would say its better than some more expensive branded guitars. Lets not be vain here its not about the name & make its the tone and playability.

They do have a website if you wanted more info. I think you can buy direct too.

Take care all, & keep Jammin'

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I need more fingers!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Oct 29 2008, 12:34 PM
Sounds awesome, maybe some uploads? biggrin.gif Would be great

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
Oct 29 2008, 12:43 PM
Yeah I should. You know I have had it 6 months and not taken a single photo of it. I have a few guitars and only photos of my best one, a G&L s500 lefthanded Electric. I have family connections to G&L so they made me one to my spec, all hand made the way Leo Fender himself made them when he was alive and owned G&L guitars!

When I am home I may take some pics and post later tonight (im at work now! lol)

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 29 2008, 12:47 PM
Turner guitars are pretty good. My mate has one.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Oct 29 2008, 12:58 PM
Oh wow another G&L owner! I got a S500 too! I LOVE that guitar! Upload some pics of your gear...

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
Oct 29 2008, 04:22 PM
Ahh yes I am a big G&L fan, without being big headed my uncle is the CEO of G&L & BBE sound. I have been out there a few times and had the tour of the factory! fantastic place, all made on old machines and by hand the way Leo wanted. They will never change the process , only the tribute series are made in the far east. All others in Fullerton California on fender avenue would you believe.

I have two G&L's one is an F100 series II made in the 80's the first guitar model they made. I have the second ever left handed model. Would you believe it I bought it off ebay from a man in Spain a few years back for a cheap cheap price. G&L are now re making this model as an anniversary model its that good ;-)

My S500 in flame top cherry burst body with byrdseye maple neck with gun oil tint. also head the headstock painted the same colour as the body. I will be buried with this guitar when I am older its that precious to me hehe. Plays like a dream, well sort of with my playing. more practise and I will make it sound awsome.

Glad to hear of another G&L owner as I dont know any other than the family. Im stoked that you have the same model as me. S500's are great just that little bit extra than the Legacy. without the scratch guard gives it a great finish.

Top choice of guitar you picked mate. How did you come to choose one of then anyway? would be interesting to here why you chose it.

some pics for you.

man I dont even know my guitars ! my old 80s guitar is an F-100 Series I not II as posted earlier!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Oct 29 2008, 04:29 PM
QUOTE (BollyRotten @ Oct 29 2008, 04:22 PM) *
Ahh yes I am a big G&L fan, without being big headed my uncle is the CEO of G&L & BBE sound. I have been out there a few times and had the tour of the factory! fantastic place, all made on old machines and by hand the way Leo wanted. They will never change the process , only the tribute series are made in the far east. All others in Fullerton California on fender avenue would you believe.

I have two G&L's one is an F100 series II made in the 80's the first guitar model they made. I have the second ever left handed model. Would you believe it I bought it off ebay from a man in Spain a few years back for a cheap cheap price. G&L are now re making this model as an anniversary model its that good ;-)

My S500 in flame top cherry burst body with byrdseye maple neck with gun oil tint. also head the headstock painted the same colour as the body. I will be buried with this guitar when I am older its that precious to me hehe. Plays like a dream, well sort of with my playing. more practise and I will make it sound awsome.

Glad to hear of another G&L owner as I dont know any other than the family. Im stoked that you have the same model as me. S500's are great just that little bit extra than the Legacy. without the scratch guard gives it a great finish.

Top choice of guitar you picked mate. How did you come to choose one of then anyway? would be interesting to here why you chose it.

some pics for you.

man I dont even know my guitars ! my old 80s guitar is an F-100 Series I not II as posted earlier!

I'm so jealous right now tongue.gif
I want to have one of these wonderfull guitars. Perhaps when I'm grown up biggrin.gif .
Man, that scientist life just doesn't pay out too well.
But one day !!!!!

This post has been edited by ItsMe: Oct 29 2008, 04:30 PM

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
Oct 29 2008, 04:35 PM
work hard and save hard. always be looking for bargains! luck does come in to it too.

I have not even posted pics of the Turner yet lol

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:25 PM