Mxr Super Comp Vs Tc Electronic Hypergravity, Need to decide on a Compressor
gnarkill
Feb 11 2016, 08:42 PM
GMC:er
I have the Boss CS3, and Mertay was recently talking about how he dislikes it. I also noticed that it really just inst that good. I need to get a new one. The two I have come up with... MXR Super Compressor or the TC Electronic Hypergravity.

Anyone have an opinion on one or the other? Or how about another compressor that isnt listed that you love. I would like some input before I buy.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Mertay
Feb 12 2016, 10:35 AM
GMC:er
Yeah I had the chance of comparing them side by side (mainly as a boost) and results were more dramatic than I imagined. The mxr had a much bigger sound and the behavior was more musical.

About a year ago a friend of mine who those days regularly gigged (pop/funk stuff) bought an mxr custom comp. and we tested it while he played his strat. I remember (though on the website it writes the pedal being very transparent) on clean settings it added a subtle but really smooth character to the guitars tone.

The attack knob was behind the pedal meaning it had to be opened to be adjusted and we didn't have the time for that, but default setting was really transparent. He probably changed it later on as it wasn't funk ready, I can ask him his experience till now if you want? but if you're going to use it with heavy distortion I don't think it would be worth paying so much for that pedal. It and the custom comp. deluxe is really about cleaner stuff like in this video;

The hypergravity is a bit new to the market so I'm not sure how many had a good chance to compare, but if you go to a shop to try/compare for yourself make sure to take you guitar with you as the output difference of every guitar matters on behavior.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:16 PM