> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Rhoads - The Led Zep Groove, Rhoads - The Led Zep Groove
Grades
Grades
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

rhoads
Jun 14 2011, 05:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi,

Decided to do some rhythm lessons while I get my vibrato and bending techniques as I want.

This lesson also involved some vibrato so this is why I choose it.
So, the original is here:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The-Led-Zep-Groove/

My take:

Gear:

Ibanez S 470 DXQM
Amplitube
EMU 0404 USB
Logitech quickcam C200 with another sound card for audio input.
I connected the headphones output of the EMU to the line in of the other sound card.

Cheers !

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jun 20 2011, 05:26 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 15 2011, 12:15 PM
Instructor
Hey Rhoads, overall it was a good take.. I'd pay attention to getting more aggression out of your pick for the parts like 0:17.. you really want to dig your pick in to get that sharp sound. Also, watch out that your picking hand doesn't accidentally dull some of the notes out.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 15 2011, 02:26 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! Definition and dynamics are the things which will make your take very very good - not that it's not ok, but after playing something correctly, you should also pay attention at the details that make the difference wink.gif a defined phrase gives a clear sense of direction which and the dynamics create the desired intonation and intensity of the riff smile.gif hope this helps wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 19 2011, 09:10 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very good take. Try using mostly only downstrokes on this one and digging in harder with the pick to get a snappy sound.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 19 2011, 05:15 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Another solid performance, 8 on this one!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:44 PM