2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Best Online Store
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 11 2012, 02:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 10 2012, 01:22 PM) *
For pro end studio equipment Gab the better ones in my expierience are:

Funky Junk/Pro Audio Europe (www.funky-junk.com)

KMR (www.kmraudio.com)

Mercenary Audio (www.mercenary.com)

All of these will let you rent/hire to trial equipment for long term demos, which is the best way to demo high end - i.e. in your own studio over an extended period. I think all three will offset the hire/rental against the purchase price if you buy. They all also have in-house facilities where they can arrange a shop demo if you want, get installation, repairs and
so on.

FJ and KMR are in London, UK but FJ also has shops elsewhere in Europe and their staff speak a number of languages in addition to English. Mercenary are in the USA. I think all three ship worldwide. FJ and KMR also do some prosumer studio equipment.

Prosumer/consumer end I'd also add DV24/7 to the ones already mentioned.

wou! All those preamps and processors!! wub.gif Thanks tony.

QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Sep 10 2012, 11:50 PM) *
I usually just go online to Musiciansfriend.com for all the normal consumer products.

www.juststrings.com for strings

v-picks.com for picks

and for pedals I usually go to the manufacturers site or Ebay. The problem with pedals is that I am a bit of a gear whore, so I have the habit of getting really nice boutique gear. My next two pedals will be delay.

The Echoplex: Cumbersome, but I honestly think it is second to none.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&am...plex&_frs=1

Moog - Moogerfooger: I really do enjoy this. I got to try it at a pawn shop the other day. The unit was in perfect working order and only $300. I will be picking it up in November. Because I have a whole lotta stuff I have to pay off as well.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=moog+m...x&_osacat=0

Thanks for the links mate! Those are really nice pedals! Congrats. smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 11 2012, 03:36 AM) *
Indeed, as the guys said - it's not a good idea to buy a guitar online - can't try it.

And there's one more thing - taxes!

Because we live in Europe, anything we order online from a country which belongs to the European Community, doesn't have any extra tax along with it, but the prices are higher than in the US. For instance, you can get a PRS Custom 24 for 2500 dollars in the USA while in Europe, it will cost 2500 Euros, which is much more expensive than 2500 dollars.

Thing is that if you order from the US - you have to pay the VAT once it arrives here in Europe - and that gets you to almost as close as the European price - Conclusion? You didn't make any deal at all - you most probably had to pay transport over the ocean as well and chances are that the price is even higher smile.gif

If you want to ditch this stupid regulation - you need to have a friend in the US who knows about guitars. He buys the guitar and then he sends it as a gift smile.gif In that way, you can go over the customs and not pay more money, because once the guitar is received at the customs and they see that it came from a company, they will research and find out that it was bought. But if it comes from a person, they can't tax a gift, can they? smile.gif

Consider you lucky mate! A guitar that costs 2400 dollars in USA can cost 4000 dollars here... ohmy.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 11 2012, 02:11 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 11 2012, 01:08 PM) *
wou! All those preamps and processors!! wub.gif Thanks tony.

Thanks for the links mate! Those are really nice pedals! Congrats. smile.gif

Consider you lucky mate! A guitar that costs 2400 dollars in USA can cost 4000 dollars here... ohmy.gif

Oh man, u guys are so rich!! laugh.gif

sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 11 2012, 03:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 11 2012, 10:11 AM) *
Oh man, u guys are so rich!! laugh.gif

sad.gif

hahahah not really! our president is... mad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 11 2012, 03:09 PM
Instructor
Tony, how do you prove it's not a gift?

I mean, if your friend sending it says it's a gift, it's a gift, isn't it? smile.gif I would not do anything like this with a company for certain!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 11 2012, 03:11 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 11 2012, 03:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 11 2012, 11:09 AM) *

I mean, if your friend sending it says it's a gift, it's a gift, isn't it? smile.gif I would not do anything like this with a company for certain!

this doesn't work here in my country. I remember that when Shredneck send me the free item because of the endorsement, I had to pay the taxes here by the way... I don't know how it works in Europe.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 11 2012, 03:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 11 2012, 02:17 PM) *
this doesn't work here in my country. I remember that when Shredneck send me the free item because of the endorsement, I had to pay the taxes here by the way... I don't know how it works in Europe.

I got no clue to it yet mate, but I am asking as I have never been in such a situation and I want to know so that I won't go through any trouble - how can someone ask you to pay a tax on something which you have received as a gift?

I am paying my taxes, although I do not want to debate on the topic as in Romania, the taxes they are trying to collect are way BIGGER than the income of the normal folk and you end up working like a mule and still you have to pay taxes and taxes for the taxes.

The government in here is totally corrupt and incapable of doing anything else but steal, steal, steal. Unfortunately, dark times are coming for my country...

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 11 2012, 10:02 AM) *
Not quite Cosmin.

In Europe the convention is to include VAT/IVA/Sales Tax as part of the price or to clearly state that it isn't included. In the USA Sales tax is rarely included in the quoted price but is added at point of sale. Only VAT/IVA registered companies can charge this tax - the tax is paid to the national Tax agency, the company doesn't keep the money. Any company charging VAT/IVA that is not registered and/or who do not return the tax to the tax office is committing tax fraud. To charge VAT/IVA/Sales tax you must be registered for VAT as a company: in the UK a company must turn over @£80k to be VAT registered.

I'm IVA registered as an independent company, both nationally and with the EU. As such I have an IVA number and I have to charge IVA for any work/service that I do and provide a traceable/auditable invoice. As of Sept 1st 2012 IVA here is 21% - so when I bill a client 21% goes to the IVA tax and the rest is my income (which is also taxable but under different taxes, including income tax and social security). I have to charge IVA to any European client unless they can demonstrate that they are IVA/VAT registered. Some non-European clients may be IVA/VAT exempted. I provide the IVA tax with accounts 4 times a year, plus a final yearly account. If I don't, or if its late or wrong, I can be fined and/or put in prison. If I buy something for the business I may be able to claim the IVA/VAT back.

Gifts - if the item is not a gift but is identified as such to avoid import taxes and VAT/IVA etc then both the sender and reciever are committing tax fraud. No legitiimate company will agree to mark an item as a 'gift' if it is not one. A Tax office can ask an individual to demonstrate that an item really is a 'gift' and if they can not clearly do so the Tax office may decide to prosecute. I know someone that this happened to by the way.

Tony - I have another question - if you have payed the VAT in the USA, why do you have to pay it once again in Europe, if you have already done it? If you buy an item from the USA, you automatically pay the VAT so then you pay double VAT?

In this situation, buying something from the USA, actually turns out to be more expensive and dangerous to carry, because of the long journey over the ocean - for a guitar I mean.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 11 2012, 05:21 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 11 2012, 03:09 PM) *

I think the onus is on you to demonstrate that it is a gift to their satisfaction rather than for them to demonstrate that it's not...

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 11 2012, 06:29 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
In Germany it would`not work too.

You must pay taxe for sure !

But maybe from USA to a Europe country and then over the Alps by foot in the winter like in older days tongue.gif

How about holland !?

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 12 2012, 10:28 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 11 2012, 04:21 PM) *
I think the onus is on you to demonstrate that it is a gift to their satisfaction rather than for them to demonstrate that it's not...

If the sender leaves the value field empty and marks it as a gift there's no reason for customers to rob you...

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 11 2012, 02:29 PM) *
I got no clue to it yet mate, but I am asking as I have never been in such a situation and I want to know so that I won't go through any trouble - how can someone ask you to pay a tax on something which you have received as a gift?

I am paying my taxes, although I do not want to debate on the topic as in Romania, the taxes they are trying to collect are way BIGGER than the income of the normal folk and you end up working like a mule and still you have to pay taxes and taxes for the taxes.

The government in here is totally corrupt and incapable of doing anything else but steal, steal, steal. Unfortunately, dark times are coming for my country...

Tell me about it Cosmin..Same all here.. It's pretty much sad when you're without of job for whole year, i'll think i'll move abroad but don't know how??

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 12 2012, 02:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 11 2012, 11:29 AM) *

I'm sad of reading this Cosmin.... my country is in a similar situation so I can really understand what you feel... sad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 12 2012, 04:09 PM
Learning Roadie
If you leave the value field blank, than you won't be able to insure it for the correct amount.

Try wrapping it up in Birthday wrapping paper and see if that works instead!!!!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 12 2012, 04:13 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Sep 12 2012, 03:09 PM) *
If you leave the value field blank, than you won't be able to insure it for the correct amount.

Try wrapping it up in Birthday wrapping paper and see if that works instead!!!!

Yeah, that's what i do, say to seller to send it without insurance and you'll gain it without taxes.
That's what i do, and it worked fine..

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 12 2012, 04:23 PM
Learning Roadie
It works fine until the courier loses or damages your $3000 guitar. sad.gif

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 12 2012, 04:57 PM
Instructor
It's risky both ways smile.gif BUT If the friend abroad, comes to visit, he can take the guitar with him and tell everyone it belongs to him smile.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 12 2012, 05:01 PM
It's crazy to send 3000$ guitar by mail? Don't you think?
I agreed with Gabriel, you can send smaller parts via mail like pedals, pickups and random parts..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 12 2012, 07:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 12 2012, 01:01 PM) *
It's crazy to send 3000$ guitar by mail? Don't you think?
I agreed with Gabriel, you can send smaller parts via mail like pedals, pickups and random parts..

Yes! it really works for pedals but I think that it's risky to buy a guitar. I bought a midi controler, the Origin 25 by M-audio to a London store and it arrived perfectly.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 13 2012, 08:44 AM
Instructor
As you said Gabe, a guitar must be tried first HANDS ON, before buying wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:57 AM