2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Longest Time Without Sleeping
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2011, 12:16 PM
Instructor
I had a very busy weekend travelling from one side of the country to the other one and I literally had no time to sleep..so when I met Ivan yesterday I was really wrecked from the road.

I finished the gig on Saturday night and went on towards home, for about 250 kilometers. I arrived there at 3 o clock in the morning, had a shower, ate something, packed and ran to catch the train at 5.45. Then I arrived in the west of Romania at about 2.30 PM and about 600 Km. I felt really beat and I slept from 9 PM till 9 AM this morning biggrin.gif

Have you deprived yourself of sleep due to various reasons? What reasons would those be and are they worthy enough to sacrifice your sleep?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 19 2011, 12:56 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Around 48h, once travelling far away catching planes etc. Not good. I need my sleep.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 19 2011, 01:41 PM
GMC:er
well unlike you i sleep away too much.

around 12/18h on summer vacations....yep i know a waste of time D:

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Finny
Sep 19 2011, 02:19 PM
Learning Roadie
I have a sleeping disorder so in the worst periods I go 4-5 days without ANY sleep.. It's even hard to do easy stuff like counting days in that condition....

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 19 2011, 02:25 PM
QUOTE (Finny @ Sep 19 2011, 02:19 PM) *
I have a sleeping disorder so in the worst periods I go 4-5 days without ANY sleep.. It's even hard to do easy stuff like counting days in that condition....

wow, u must feel like crap on the "5" day :C

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 19 2011, 03:08 PM
Instructor
It happened a few times that I haven't slept for two days!! Gig, drive, coffee, gig, drive..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Sep 19 2011, 03:23 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 hours. Worked, then got on a plane for a trip...It was hell!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 19 2011, 04:38 PM
Instructor
Man, that is truly an awesome feet, respect for you smile.gif You were indeed tired when we met up, I hope next time we will have more time, and get our rests! smile.gif

Cannot remember the time when I didn't sleep a lot. Before coming to Timisoara, I had 2.5 hour sleep after gig, but that doesn't count, I was still sleeping a bit smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 19 2011, 05:14 PM
Instructor
I remember that I sleep just a few hours for a week when I finished school and went to graduation travel. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Sep 19 2011, 05:25 PM
I have a sleeping disorder, so I don't sleep alot, maybe every 3rd-4th day I get some good sleep, and in most cases I don't get a good nights sleep even after 3-4 days, I tend to wake up 5-7 times a night, but I think my maximum without ANY sleep at all, not even 1 minute, is probably 70+ hours for me.
Sometimes if I dont sleep for 2 nights, I get the worst headache, and I almost throw up, my body is just too stressed for all of this.

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2011, 05:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Finny @ Sep 19 2011, 01:19 PM) *

My GOD...Finn, I will create extra chores for you so that you may have stuff to fill your time with while you cannot sleep biggrin.gif just joking mate, sorry to hear that...I'm the kind of dude that puts his head down and goes to sleep at once smile.gif

QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Sep 19 2011, 04:25 PM) *
I have a sleeping disorder, so I don't sleep alot, maybe every 3rd-4th day I get some good sleep, and in most cases I don't get a good nights sleep even after 3-4 days, I tend to wake up 5-7 times a night, but I think my maximum without ANY sleep at all, not even 1 minute, is probably 70+ hours for me.
Sometimes if I dont sleep for 2 nights, I get the worst headache, and I almost throw up, my body is just too stressed for all of this.

i perfectly understand... sad.gif A few years ago, I was so stressed and tired from lack of sleep that I threw up without being sick or something, in a restaurant with a lot of important people at the table...That was SUPER embarrassing but they were ok, knowing how tired I was.

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 19 2011, 03:38 PM) *
Man, that is truly an awesome feet, respect for you smile.gif You were indeed tired when we met up, I hope next time we will have more time, and get our rests! smile.gif

Cannot remember the time when I didn't sleep a lot. Before coming to Timisoara, I had 2.5 hour sleep after gig, but that doesn't count, I was still sleeping a bit smile.gif

Hopefully! I had a great time as well! Next time we have to jam a lil' biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 19 2011, 05:52 PM
Instructor
Sure will smile.gif

PS I just finished the video, rendering, should be up soon smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2011, 05:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 19 2011, 04:52 PM) *
Sure will smile.gif

PS I just finished the video, rendering, should be up soon smile.gif

Yehahahaha biggrin.gif let's seee it!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 19 2011, 05:59 PM
Instructor
26 min left for render, and some 10-15 for upload,will let you know right away as soon as it's up on YT smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2011, 06:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 19 2011, 04:59 PM) *
26 min left for render, and some 10-15 for upload,will let you know right away as soon as it's up on YT smile.gif

I'm with my eyes stuck to my laptop! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Sep 19 2011, 06:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
I think 3 days - I don't remember because I was in H.S. and at that time in my life I was caught up in some amphetamines - coming down was pretty rough smile.gif

These days, I'm completely clean and I think on average I get about 5 hours of sleep a night due to staying up late to write and record music. I make up for it on Saturdays when I sleep in a bit, but nothing too out of the ordinary smile.gif

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 19 2011, 09:59 AM) *

sweet. I'm polling this thread too!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 19 2011, 06:26 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Somewhat like 2 days for me...traveling from Christchurch to Auckland in late afternoon, waiting for the next flight to Bangkok, flying 13 hours (and I'm one of those guys who can't sleep in a plane oder train or bus or car...), arriving in Bangkok during daytime with too much to see to go to sleep laugh.gif

Plus, I am kind of an early bird. Meaning I will wake up at the latest at 10 in the morning, even when I go to bed at 6 in the morning after partying through the night laugh.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Finny
Sep 19 2011, 07:14 PM
Learning Roadie
My GOD...Finn, I will create extra chores for you so that you may have stuff to fill your time with while you cannot sleep biggrin.gif just joking mate, sorry to hear that...I'm the kind of dude that puts his head down and goes to sleep at once smile.gif

Please make some:)

But it is amazing how impossible it is to concentrate when you are in a shape like that;)
Usuall I fall asleep around 4-5 and go to work at 7... you learn how to deal with little sleep after some 30 years

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 21 2011, 12:44 AM
Instructor
to me it's probably been max 2 days, more than that I pass out!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 21 2011, 01:02 AM
Learning Roadie
I can't say I've gone too long without sleep. Not much more than normal hour expanse. I used to think insomnia would be awesome - stay up late forever. But after hearing of these experiences, I have changed my mind. I didn't know you felt like crap afterwards.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:06 AM