> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Chromatic Dorian, Lesson By David Wallimann
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Palacios
Dec 15 2013, 12:12 AM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Chromatic Dorian by David Wallimann

Fun lesson. I like playing with the dorian.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 15 2013, 04:18 PM
Instructor
hi again. I think this one might be a bit too much for you to tackle right now. I can see right away that lack of hand co ordination is something that is holding you back. We need to find you some lessons that will work on this aspect !

This is a lesson that only focuses on the picking hand.. this can be good just for getting a bit of tightness and confidence in your picking.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

This one works on synchronising both hands. You don't have to practise the lesson at full speed. I would recommend you take just 1 or 2 phrases and work with them

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch/

I find it much more rewarding to practise licks that sound musical.. the chromatic 1,2,3,4 hand exercise never really did much for me but it is a classic exercise that is always worth using. it might do the trick for you. I couldn't find a version on GMC but this is the basic chromatic exercise that nearly everyone learns at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyHv6HjAxHc

Work on your hand co ordination and you'll start finding things much easier smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 15 2013, 04:51 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, as Ben said, there is still some previous work that you should do to be able to master this one. The main issue here is the sync between both hands when you use Alternate Picking technique. Ben suggested some lessons that you should check, and I would like to add these ones.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...ernate-Picking/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...Picking-Chords/

Also feel free to contact me if you want some monitor of your progress.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 16 2013, 07:04 PM
Instructor
My overall suggestion is...DON'T HURRY THAT MUCH! smile.gif It's not a competition for student to make as many lessons per month as they can smile.gif)) If You make things too fast You lose the point of close look at the details...and that's were the Devil is wink.gif First of all You should try to record Yourself a few times and watch it first...comparing to original lesson video. Try to ask yourself a question...WHAT AM I MISSING? WHAT DOES HE DO TO MAKE IT SOUND LIKE THAT?

Otherwise You won't get full package of profits contained in the full lesson smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 16 2013, 07:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 16 2013, 06:04 PM) *
and that's were the Devil is wink.gif

Hey, this sounds like a punch line ending to a joke, doesn't it ? biggrin.gif

".. and that's where the devil is !"

*audience laughter*

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 16 2013, 08:26 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Keep practicing! 5

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:04 PM