Mass Effect, A masterpiece
Guitarman700
Feb 21 2008, 08:33 PM
GMC:er
[Image Removed - Innapropriate Language due to change of image on remote site - Andrew]

what can i say about this game? well, for those of you who haven't played, and you know who you are, its an RPG with gears of war style combat. which is a VERY good thing. but the main draw should be the story, which is epic and moving. i felt myself sucked into it, and ive never felt this attached to digital characters. lets just say theres a moment near the end that almost made me cry. ive played through about 15 times, and it never gets old. buy it. it will rock your world. an absolute masterpiece, and my favorite game ever.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 21 2008, 10:53 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Easily one of the greatest games ever made, i had this on pre-order for so long, got it that day ti came out, and played through so many times, the story is amazing, i was absolutely enthralled with it. Cant wait to see what the next two are like! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 21 2008, 11:02 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Sounds very cool, but i stopped with World of Warcraft have more time for my guitar practicing unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 21 2008, 11:06 PM
Well Mass Effect isnt an MMORPG, so it actually ends laugh.gif

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 21 2008, 11:08 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
after playing 10 years long biggrin.gif ? just kidding offcourse..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Goliath
Feb 22 2008, 02:45 PM
I liked ME pretty good, but I still like KOTOR better. ME has this "Yeah, why not" feel to it when doing sidequests, you don't feel compelled to do them. The "big twist" didn't floor me like it did everyone else, but I still immensely enjoyed this game and is easily one of the best games I've played in a LONG time.

The game taht sucked me in the most w/ characters was Gears of War. I didn't care why we were fighting, I just wanted to make sure that Marcus and his boys made it out all right.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Feb 22 2008, 03:06 PM
Learning Roadie
i heard so much hype for mass effect that it let me down when i played it.

its a great game and a good storyline but i tried playing it more than once and got extremly bored.

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Goliath
Feb 22 2008, 03:38 PM
If you played through as a soldier, then it probably was pretty boring, I was an infiltrator and as you're more fragile you have to use the noodle more to get through battle. Might give it a shot as a vanguard or sentinel.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 22 2008, 04:41 PM
Ive played through as many of them, actually all the classes, its gets tougher cause your used to the last one you played.

As for the 'big twist', i think it will really come when the second and third parts of the series come out.

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Feb 27 2008, 09:10 PM
Instructor
I want an Xbox 360 so baaad!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Spreedmaster
Feb 27 2008, 09:21 PM
Twas a pretty good game indeed. I only got to play it for a week or so as I left my 360 at home when I came back to college after christmas. sad.gif

--------------------
''It is not herasy, and I will not repent''

Guitars:B.C. Rich WMD SOB with EMG 81/85s and Afterburner
B.C. Rich green acrylic ice Mockingbird with Rockfield Mafia/Fat ass
Black Peavy Rotor EX
ESP LTD DV200 with an irongear hammerhead in the bridge

Gear: Marshall MG15DFX
POD 2.0
Dunlop crybaby
Behringer UM300
Danelectro FAB metal
Biyang DS-7
Behringer EQ700

+Quote Post
Ayen
Mar 17 2008, 02:52 AM
Still on my first run through, but WOW and I impressed. This game has such an amazing storyline, with incredible graphics and gameplay to boot.

Edit: Okay, after an extremely long time I've finished Mass Effect, and boy am I glad I got the chance to play this masterpiece. If anyone is iffy about buying this, at least rent it.

This post has been edited by Ayen: Mar 18 2008, 07:28 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:12 PM