Newest Metal Song! Check It Out!, GET READY TO HEADBANG!
TylerT
Sep 5 2010, 09:37 PM
Guitar Hero
My newest tune, far from being done.

This is going to be the 7th song on my first album I am working on.

There is yet to be bass and a 2nd guitar solo starting at 2:16.

Equiptment:
REAPER
Guitars - PODX3 Live, Peavey Valveking Half Stack
Drums - EZDrummer

Let me know what you think!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Website
My Youtube

Main Guitars:
- Agile Interceptor Pro 725
- EBMM John Petrucci Signature
- Axl Badwater

Amps/Effects:
- Avid Eleven Rack
- Hughes & Kettner Switchblade
- Pod X3 Live
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 5 2010, 10:25 PM
Learning Roadie
I really enjoyed this, man! Really heavy!!! smile.gif

Was it just my speakers, or was the volume going up an down as the kick was sounding? Maybe it was my settings on my computer.. wink.gif

I have a question for you, can I use EZDrummer without having midi? Can I program the drums with my mouse? I have a midi keyboard, but I need to get a faster soundcard. biggrin.gif (Which I have no idea what to look for, or if you can install one in a laptop.)

Thanks for sharing this track! Good luck on this album and the rest of this song! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
TylerT
Sep 5 2010, 10:35 PM
Guitar Hero
QUOTE (thefireball @ Sep 5 2010, 01:25 PM) *
I really enjoyed this, man! Really heavy!!! smile.gif

Was it just my speakers, or was the volume going up an down as the kick was sounding? Maybe it was my settings on my computer.. wink.gif

I have a question for you, can I use EZDrummer without having midi? Can I program the drums with my mouse? I have a midi keyboard, but I need to get a faster soundcard. biggrin.gif (Which I have no idea what to look for, or if you can install one in a laptop.)

Thanks for sharing this track! Good luck on this album and the rest of this song! cool.gif

Thanks dude, and im not sure if its the track or your laptop when it comes to the volume issues and the kick :S . Probably the track though as its not fully mastered yet.

You can program everything from ezdrummer with your mouse!! Good luck!

--------------------
My Website
My Youtube

Main Guitars:
- Axl Badwater

Amps/Effects:
- Avid Eleven Rack
- Pod X3 Live

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 5 2010, 10:41 PM
Learning Roadie
No matter about the volume thing. Just wondering. wink.gif

I'm very glad to hear about EZDrummer! I gotta save up for it! Or at least put it on my wishlist. biggrin.gif It will sound way better than Linux Multimedia Studio. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Sep 6 2010, 12:27 PM
Jazz Instructor
Really heavy stuff! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 6 2010, 12:56 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (thefireball @ Sep 5 2010, 09:25 PM) *
Was it just my speakers, or was the volume going up an down as the kick was sounding?

If it is then try taking a look at the compressor settings and any limiting that have been used.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
zen
Sep 6 2010, 01:40 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Love it .. Really good stuff !!

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
TylerT
Sep 7 2010, 08:57 PM
Guitar Hero
Thank you all!!

--------------------
My Website
My Youtube

Main Guitars:
- Axl Badwater

Amps/Effects:
- Avid Eleven Rack
- Pod X3 Live

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 7 2010, 11:15 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (TylerT @ Sep 7 2010, 03:57 PM) *
Thank you all!!

Very cool stuff! And great tones on everything I might add smile.gif Really well done on the production which can be a real challenge.

Todd

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 8 2010, 04:06 PM
Instructor
nice stuff!!

I like those chords surrounding the power chords,

The drums could be bigger sounding

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
TylerT
Sep 8 2010, 06:50 PM
Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Sep 8 2010, 07:06 AM) *
nice stuff!!

I like those chords surrounding the power chords,

The drums could be bigger sounding

Thanks alot Dan! I like the chorusy section too.

Im not sure how to make the drums sound "bigger" in EZDrummer,
do you think a volume boost do the trick?

Regardless within the next few months the drummer from my current band
is picking up some mics so we can do some real drums!

--------------------
My Website
My Youtube

Main Guitars:
- Axl Badwater

Amps/Effects:
- Avid Eleven Rack
- Pod X3 Live

+Quote Post
OzRob
Sep 9 2010, 12:03 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (TylerT @ Sep 9 2010, 03:50 AM) *
Im not sure how to make the drums sound "bigger" in EZDrummer,
do you think a volume boost do the trick?

Try doubling the drum track in your DAW and reduce the volume on both tracks accordingly. Or add a very fast delay with no feedback to give it a thicker, fuller sound. I'm sure others will have ideas too.

Your playing is very tight and well done. smile.gif

--------------------
------------------------
My website (Flash) My other website (non-Flash)
------------------------

+Quote Post
TylerT
Sep 9 2010, 03:59 AM
Guitar Hero
QUOTE (OzRob @ Sep 8 2010, 03:03 PM) *
Try doubling the drum track in your DAW and reduce the volume on both tracks accordingly. Or add a very fast delay with no feedback to give it a thicker, fuller sound. I'm sure others will have ideas too.

Your playing is very tight and well done. smile.gif

Nice, ill try that out! I agree the drums need a little boost to them

--------------------
My Website
My Youtube

Main Guitars:
- Axl Badwater

Amps/Effects:
- Avid Eleven Rack
- Pod X3 Live

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 9 2010, 11:15 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Just on the drums again,

Good tracking is essential for 'real' drums but as this is on a vst we can assume that this is less of an issue here. Nonetheless you do need to get the levels of each part of the kit right in the first place and then set the level of the drum bus so that it is suitable for the rest of the mix.

Once tracked use EQ and gating to open some space around the various drums so that they sit cleanly in the overall mix: this will help reduce the 'mud' in the recording and will also help the mastering engineer achieve more loudness on the final mix. Cymbals occasional benefit from some automated de-essing, particularly in the 4k and up EQ range. Use compression appropriately on parts of the drum bus to accent the punch and control the transient peaks but without squashing them. Consider mixing the drum bus in to a compressor to help glue the overall drum sound together but use it for this and not just to make it loud.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:40 AM