> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Blues Licks 3, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
Total Votes: 3

Romko
May 11 2014, 03:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
Original lesson: Blues Licks 3 by Gabriel Leopardi

Love it )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
May 11 2014, 06:22 PM
Instructor
That's great, man! I love the sound of the guitar! smile.gif
I have one suggestion, mate. This is a general one that will give a lot of groove to all your funky rhythmic stuff: keep your right hand relaxed when strumming those funky chords and try to approach them with a loose wrist - this work great for me, at least smile.gif . Try it and let me know what you think about it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 11 2014, 07:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Romko! I think that you have chosen a very interesting lesson that will help you to improve your rhythm abilities. Your right hand looks a bit rigid while you play the different parts, you should try to liberate and relax it more, from your wrist but also a bit from your elbow. I know that this can be tricky, since you are still not comfortable with the licks, but I recommend you to work first on the different parts as a loop trying and maybe at slower tempo and give it more groove and dynamics, also make each note sound clear.

In other words, you've already learnt the parts, now it's time to polish everything. Keep on the good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 15 2014, 09:38 PM
Instructor
Hey mate,

Not too much too add here aside from what the guys said - the basic idea is that you need more slow practicing in order to be able to naturally execute the piece and be able to groove and have a steady rhythm. We are usually tense when our body feels unsure of something it must do smile.gif

Keep rocking mate!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Fran
May 20 2014, 11:36 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:39 AM