3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Ayang's Bootcamp, This Is Sparta!...er....Bootcamp!....
Todd Simpson
Jul 22 2015, 05:45 AM
GMC:er
Welcome to SHRED BOOTCAMP! I'll be your Drill Instructor! And I do mean DRILL! As in a large power tool used in slasher films and Paul Gilbert concerts. Here is were you EARN THE LIVING DEATH out of your fingers and break through any speed bumps/barriers to become a MASTER CHIEF of Shred!

MISSON #1

THE MISSION

1.)Your mission is to go all the way back to the very start. The base of the mountain.

LESSON 1. http://bitly.com/gmclesson1

Which you will play SLOWWWWWWLLY, very SLOWWWLLLLYYYY until you master it at a crawl (As You'll Do With Each Mission, and focus on left hand FORM! Make it SUPER PERFECT!). Speed it up bit by bit until you feel your ready to take it to WAR (Any speed, it's up to you) Shoot a video and post it as a reply to this post. I'll then offer a constructive and brutally honest critique.

THE AFTERMATH

Upon nailing the crap out of lesson one at a speed you didn't think possible, and playing it a clean as a freshly waxed floor, you will be given your first insignia of Rank in BOOTCAMP and will proceed to LESSON/MISSION #2. You will continue this process until you are a walking, talking, BadA** Guitar God among men!!!!

Here is the link to your OWN PRIVATE BATTLEFIELD!!!

http://bitly.com/ayangsbootcamp

Practice!
Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 22 2015, 05:46 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AyanG
Jul 22 2015, 05:32 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 22 2015, 04:45 AM) *
Welcome to SHRED BOOTCAMP! I'll be your Drill Instructor! And I do mean DRILL! As in a large power tool used in slasher films and Paul Gilbert concerts. Here is were you EARN THE LIVING DEATH out of your fingers and break through any speed bumps/barriers to become a MASTER CHIEF of Shred!

MISSON #1

THE MISSION

1.)Your mission is to go all the way back to the very start. The base of the mountain.

LESSON 1. http://bitly.com/gmclesson1

Which you will play SLOWWWWWWLLY, very SLOWWWLLLLYYYY until you master it at a crawl (As You'll Do With Each Mission, and focus on left hand FORM! Make it SUPER PERFECT!). Speed it up bit by bit until you feel your ready to take it to WAR (Any speed, it's up to you) Shoot a video and post it as a reply to this post. I'll then offer a constructive and brutally honest critique.

THE AFTERMATH

Upon nailing the crap out of lesson one at a speed you didn't think possible, and playing it a clean as a freshly waxed floor, you will be given your first insignia of Rank in BOOTCAMP and will proceed to LESSON/MISSION #2. You will continue this process until you are a walking, talking, BadA** Guitar God among men!!!!

Here is the link to your OWN PRIVATE BATTLEFIELD!!!

http://bitly.com/ayangsbootcamp

Practice!
Todd

Hi,is this bootcamp consist on technical aspects only or there will be lessons on music theory as well?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 24 2015, 05:12 AM
Both of course smile.gif We start you off very basic, just working on picking single notes. Then we move in to scales and solos. But before we get too complex, I really need to see if you can pick properly and mute properly. Once we get that down, it's off to the races!!

QUOTE (AyanG @ Jul 22 2015, 12:32 PM) *
Hi,is this bootcamp consist on technical aspects only or there will be lessons on music theory as well?

+Quote Post
AyanG
Sep 12 2015, 07:05 PM
Hi Todd,

What are the best ways to record playing.I am unable to do so.

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 12 2015, 08:32 PM
At first, the best way is simply any way you can. Do you have a cell phone? If so that would work smile.gif What gear do you have on hand?

QUOTE (AyanG @ Sep 12 2015, 02:05 PM) *
Hi Todd,

What are the best ways to record playing.I am unable to do so.

+Quote Post
AyanG
Sep 13 2015, 12:00 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 12 2015, 07:32 PM) *
At first, the best way is simply any way you can. Do you have a cell phone? If so that would work smile.gif What gear do you have on hand?

I have a guitar and an amp.I also have a DI BOX and the proper cable connections with the DAW Reaper installed and ASIO audio driver but even after setting up the entire thing the Reaper is not able to record the guitar.

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 14 2015, 06:25 PM
Are you hitting the "arm" button on the track you want to record with? Have you watched a couple of "how to videos" with reaper or are you just winging it? Usually, you need to watch a few vids to get up to speed wink.gif Here is a good intro vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeTfIwtBLIQ

If you can't get your rig to record, you can just use a cell phone. Do you have a cell phone?

QUOTE (AyanG @ Sep 12 2015, 07:00 PM) *
I have a guitar and an amp.I also have a DI BOX and the proper cable connections with the DAW Reaper installed and ASIO audio driver but even after setting up the entire thing the Reaper is not able to record the guitar.

+Quote Post
AyanG
Sep 14 2015, 10:49 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 14 2015, 05:25 PM) *
Are you hitting the "arm" button on the track you want to record with? Have you watched a couple of "how to videos" with reaper or are you just winging it? Usually, you need to watch a few vids to get up to speed wink.gif Here is a good intro vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeTfIwtBLIQ

If you can't get your rig to record, you can just use a cell phone. Do you have a cell phone?

Hi Todd,

Yeah I do have a cell phone.I will shoot my first lesson with that then,until I fix the reaper.Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 15 2015, 02:06 AM
Cell phone works just fine smile.gif Make sure you have the METRONOME going in the background loud enough for me to hear smile.gif

QUOTE (AyanG @ Sep 14 2015, 05:49 PM) *
Hi Todd,

Yeah I do have a cell phone.I will shoot my first lesson with that then,until I fix the reaper.Thanks for sharing.

+Quote Post
AyanG
Sep 15 2015, 04:06 PM
Rec:Lesson 1
Hi Todd,

Over is the link to my rec of your first Lesson.Done on 2 tempos of:180 bpm and 200 bpm.Kindly check and post your valuable feedbacks.\

Thanks

This post has been edited by AyanG: Sep 15 2015, 04:09 PM

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 16 2015, 07:16 AM
CONGRATS SOLDIER!!!! This is your FIRST MISSION and you KILLED IT!!!!! Let's debrief...

Some really fine playing here.
MEDALS OF HONOR

1.)Maintained tight palm mute / right hand control in every vid.
2.)Maintained precise picking in every vid
3.)Maintained control of each pick strike

Congrats Soldier, you just ...

LEVELED UP!!

For future vids, make sure you "embed" them. Just click on INSERT SPECIAL ITEM above the smiley face when you are editing your post. Then click on YOUTUBE. A box will pop up and explain the rest.

On to the next MISSION!! MISSION #2! (Lesson #2)

Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (AyanG @ Sep 15 2015, 11:06 AM) *
Rec:Lesson 1
Hi Todd,

Over is the link to my rec of your first Lesson.Done on 2 tempos of:180 bpm and 200 bpm.Kindly check and post your valuable feedbacks.\

Thanks

+Quote Post
AyanG
Sep 16 2015, 03:14 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 16 2015, 06:16 AM) *
CONGRATS SOLDIER!!!! This is your FIRST MISSION and you KILLED IT!!!!! Let's debrief...

Some really fine playing here.
MEDALS OF HONOR

1.)Maintained tight palm mute / right hand control in every vid.
2.)Maintained precise picking in every vid
3.)Maintained control of each pick strike

Congrats Soldier, you just ...

LEVELED UP!!

For future vids, make sure you "embed" them. Just click on INSERT SPECIAL ITEM above the smiley face when you are editing your post. Then click on YOUTUBE. A box will pop up and explain the rest.

On to the next MISSION!! MISSION #2! (Lesson #2)

Attached Image

Sarge

Hey,

Thanks for the feedback.I did the embedding of my video using the insert special item tab,but the video was not getting shown.Only a portion of the message was white and the texts were seen below the white part.Anyways waiting for lesson 2.Shoot.

Thanks,

AyanG

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 17 2015, 08:16 AM
When embedding, you have to REMOVE most of the link. Only leave the last little bit per the instructions on the pop up window smile.gif For example.

Here is a youtube vid link.

https://youtu.be/cLvyUT4FmHw

when you paste this in the EMBED window, you need to delete everything but the bit after the last "/" forward slash so only

cLvyUT4FmHw

that bit.

Make sense? smile.gif

The link to the rest of the 400 lessons is http://bit.ly/twtgmc

just scroll down a bit when you get there smile.gif

ONWARD!!!

Sarge

QUOTE (AyanG @ Sep 16 2015, 10:14 AM) *
Hey,

Thanks for the feedback.I did the embedding of my video using the insert special item tab,but the video was not getting shown.Only a portion of the message was white and the texts were seen below the white part.Anyways waiting for lesson 2.Shoot.

Thanks,

AyanG

+Quote Post
AyanG
Sep 17 2015, 09:00 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 17 2015, 07:16 AM) *
When embedding, you have to REMOVE most of the link. Only leave the last little bit per the instructions on the pop up window smile.gif For example.

Here is a youtube vid link.

https://youtu.be/cLvyUT4FmHw

when you paste this in the EMBED window, you need to delete everything but the bit after the last "/" forward slash so only

cLvyUT4FmHw

that bit.

Make sense? smile.gif

The link to the rest of the 400 lessons is http://bit.ly/twtgmc

just scroll down a bit when you get there smile.gif

ONWARD!!!

Sarge

Hi Sarge,

Thanks a lot for the infos .Is it good to take on one lesson at a time?or create a practice routine with more than one lesson?whats your take on this.

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 17 2015, 05:48 PM
I'd say go for one MISSION at a time for now smile.gif

QUOTE (AyanG @ Sep 17 2015, 04:00 AM) *
Hi Sarge,

Thanks a lot for the infos .Is it good to take on one lesson at a time?or create a practice routine with more than one lesson?whats your take on this.

+Quote Post
AyanG
Sep 19 2015, 09:05 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 17 2015, 04:48 PM) *
I'd say go for one MISSION at a time for now smile.gif

Hey Todd,

I want to make great tones.I guess I have to buy a processor for that.Is it good to buy a complete processor or a few pedals at first and which ones to go for?

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
AyanG
Sep 21 2015, 01:08 PM
Is it good to buy an audio interface and if yes.....what will be better between Line 6 Pod UX 2 and Focusrite 2i2?

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 21 2015, 09:58 PM
The short answer is to go buy a used AVID ELEVEN RACK. IT's a processor that you can control via software as if it were a plugin. Also it's an audio interface so you don't have to buy an additional audio interface.

As a bonus they are getting dirty cheap now on the used market. Dollar for Dollar, you just can't be the value.

As a double bonus, I use one myself so I've got a thread where you can download my patches.

Todd

QUOTE (AyanG @ Sep 19 2015, 04:05 AM) *
Hey Todd,

I want to make great tones.I guess I have to buy a processor for that.Is it good to buy a complete processor or a few pedals at first and which ones to go for?

+Quote Post
AyanG
Sep 21 2015, 10:24 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 21 2015, 08:58 PM) *
The short answer is to go buy a used AVID ELEVEN RACK. IT's a processor that you can control via software as if it were a plugin. Also it's an audio interface so you don't have to buy an additional audio interface.

As a bonus they are getting dirty cheap now on the used market. Dollar for Dollar, you just can't be the value.

As a double bonus, I use one myself so I've got a thread where you can download my patches.

Todd

Hi master,

Thanks for sharing.since I have a tighter budget so it seems pretty out of my reach.Nevertheless I will manage to buy it someday I guess biggrin.gif

QUOTE (AyanG @ Sep 21 2015, 09:19 PM) *
Hi master,

Thanks for sharing.since I have a tighter budget so it seems pretty out of my reach.Nevertheless I will manage to buy it someday I guess biggrin.gif

I have just now ordered for a focusrite audio interface.Shall I cancel it for something else.What say?

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 22 2015, 04:27 AM
What is your total budget?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:43 AM