3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Gmc Ultimate Virtual Band, Applications and Uploads
Jose Mena
Aug 10 2009, 05:53 PM
Instructor
Hello Guys and Girls

I started this thread for uploads, feel free to tell us about yourself, influences, equipment.

This is what I'd like to hear in the files you upload:

Upload no more than 2 minutes worth of music, I'd like to get a grasp of guitar tone, clean, distorted, play the styles you do best, and show us as much as you can in those 2 minutes, concentrate on your strengths, if your strength is metal rhythm go ahead and upload killer riffs, if your strength is bluesy solos, upload nice bluesy leads.

The same goes for bass, keys, vocals, upload your best stuff.

You don't necessarily have to use up all the 2 minutes, if you can show what you do in 30 seconds it is fine, but I just wanted to set a maximum length.

I would like to hear original compositions for the most part. This is an important part of the Virtual band since we will be creating original material.

I am not defining the main genre of the band, I'd like to hear what we have first.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Matt23
Aug 10 2009, 05:58 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Is there a deadline?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Aug 10 2009, 05:59 PM
Instructor
I haven't set a deadline yet, I really don't want people not getting in because they missed the thread

--------------------
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 10 2009, 06:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm wondering a bit about this... You want people to show their abilities in recording etc. etc., but do these applications need to include drums etc.? I for one ain't no master of mixing drums etc., so that might drag in the wrong direction. Recording a solo on a backing track etc. would be no big problem, nor would recording something acoustic, but creating a whole backing track might have the backing track sound bad where as the guitar sound would be alright.

I hope that made some sense, as it was written in a hurry.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Aug 10 2009, 06:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 10 2009, 01:03 PM) *
I'm wondering a bit about this... You want people to show their abilities in recording etc. etc., but do these applications need to include drums etc.? I for one ain't no master of mixing drums etc., so that might drag in the wrong direction. Recording a solo on a backing track etc. would be no big problem, nor would recording something acoustic, but creating a whole backing track might have the backing track sound bad where as the guitar sound would be alright.

I hope that made some sense, as it was written in a hurry.

No need to do it with a backing track, if you have one that you can play too fine, but I'd like to hear the guitar by itself as well

--------------------
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 10 2009, 06:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Aug 10 2009, 07:04 PM) *
No need to do it with a backing track, if you have one that you can play too fine, but I'd like to hear the guitar by itself as well

Oh, that's great! smile.gif I was a bit worried that my backing track creations would decrease the over all quality of the sound, and thus also dragging down the guitar sound. I might do something on this then smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 10 2009, 06:42 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Sounds great smile.gif

Can I post two 1 minute clips?
Two clips with different styles? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Aug 10 2009, 06:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Aug 10 2009, 01:42 PM) *
Sounds great smile.gif

Can I post two 1 minute clips?
Two clips with different styles? smile.gif

Yes you can

--------------------
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 10 2009, 09:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Does audition mean you are tied to this? if yes, pls forget this tongue.gif If no, check this out:

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Aug 11 2009, 05:13 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Can I use a drumbacking from another song? Just for audition?

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Aug 11 2009, 09:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Aug 10 2009, 04:27 PM) *
Does audition mean you are tied to this? if yes, pls forget this tongue.gif If no, check this out:

I like what I hear. So I take it this is your audition entry right?

QUOTE (Mrblomme @ Aug 11 2009, 12:13 PM) *
Can I use a drumbacking from another song? Just for audition?

Yes go ahead

--------------------
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 12 2009, 04:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Aug 11 2009, 10:04 PM) *
I like what I hear. So I take it this is your audition entry right?

Yes go ahead

yep wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Aug 13 2009, 12:13 AM
Learning Roadie
wow! Kaz I remember when you were just starting out all that time ago and you played in my collab... you have improved so much since I last heard you. Im very impressed!

Also, I would like to audition for Vocals, I cant record anything at the moment as its too late however I do have an extensive list of covers recorded which I can provide a link, a video of me performing live and 3 original songs of mine recorded (unfortunatly all over 2 mins)

If you would like these links or files, please dont hesitate to ask, if not, I will try record something new for you smile.gif

This post has been edited by muntahunta: Aug 13 2009, 12:19 AM

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 13 2009, 06:26 PM
GMC:er
I would like to apply as a bass player..

I'm playing in a professional band and when it comes to recording my bass skills are quite lacking and there's quite a bit I need to work on.. so I feel this is a perfect opportunity to get recording experience and reach the next level..

The recording is a part of a song by my band, recorded in one of my first rehersals with the band, I recorded my bass on top of it and made it a bit louder on the mix so you can hear it tongue.gif

It start with a pick and than I continue with my fingers..

Anyways I don't know if it's good enough, but hopefully it is.
(T1_V1_02.mp3 is only the bass)

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Regaim.mp3 ( 285.29K ) Number of downloads: 328
Attached File  T1_V1_02.MP3 ( 1.92MB ) Number of downloads: 295

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
ComfortableHum
Aug 14 2009, 01:22 AM
Heres my clip. I mainly like to play blues and Pink Floyd. Been playing for just over 2 years, am not in a band.

Thanks.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  BluesImprovClip_14th_August_2009.mp3 ( 710.87K ) Number of downloads: 394

--------------------
Guitars : Fender Strat With Dave Gilmour Electronics, PRS Single Cut SE, Martin Acoustic
Amps : Fender Champion 600
Pedals : Pod XT Live
Recording : BOSS Micro BR
Favourite : Pink Floyd, SRV, Clapton, Buddy Guy, Beatles, Led Zep, Hendrix.
Level : Advanced beginner (just over 2 years)

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Aug 14 2009, 11:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Aug 12 2009, 07:13 PM) *
wow! Kaz I remember when you were just starting out all that time ago and you played in my collab... you have improved so much since I last heard you. Im very impressed!

Also, I would like to audition for Vocals, I cant record anything at the moment as its too late however I do have an extensive list of covers recorded which I can provide a link, a video of me performing live and 3 original songs of mine recorded (unfortunatly all over 2 mins)

If you would like these links or files, please dont hesitate to ask, if not, I will try record something new for you smile.gif

Please post the link. I'll listen and let you know if I want you to upload something new.

QUOTE (Iluha @ Aug 13 2009, 01:26 PM) *
I would like to apply as a bass player..

I'm playing in a professional band and when it comes to recording my bass skills are quite lacking and there's quite a bit I need to work on.. so I feel this is a perfect opportunity to get recording experience and reach the next level..

The recording is a part of a song by my band, recorded in one of my first rehersals with the band, I recorded my bass on top of it and made it a bit louder on the mix so you can hear it tongue.gif

It start with a pick and than I continue with my fingers..

Anyways I don't know if it's good enough, but hopefully it is.
(T1_V1_02.mp3 is only the bass)

Thanks for the upload, listening now

QUOTE (ComfortableHum @ Aug 13 2009, 08:22 PM) *
Heres my clip. I mainly like to play blues and Pink Floyd. Been playing for just over 2 years, am not in a band.

Thanks.

Cool, will listen now

--------------------
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Aug 15 2009, 01:06 AM
Learning Roadie
http://www.soundclick.com/ChrisKerswell - theres plenty of songs on there, only 2 originals though (Rising Sun and Sacrifice).

http://www.myspace.com/actofsilenceband - this is my bands myspace we have a song or 2 on there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR92tpdwlI8 - this is my band playing a nickelback song live

This post has been edited by muntahunta: Aug 15 2009, 01:06 AM

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
enforcer
Aug 15 2009, 11:04 AM
I got one song here that can show my skills I guess. I got here some bass played by guitar, vocals(although they are a little too sharp for me), funky rhythm guitars, and solo guitars... I guess it will be a great candidate for this application... Only drums arent played by me (they are written using addictive drums)...

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Can_Karakuzulu_Rooftop_Cat.mp3 ( 3.11MB ) Number of downloads: 300

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Aug 15 2009, 08:42 PM
sweet ill be working on my take today

how do you prefer this to be done?

full backing track? or keep it simple so you can hear (in my case) the guitar playing?

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Aug 16 2009, 12:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (enforcer @ Aug 15 2009, 06:04 AM) *
I got one song here that can show my skills I guess. I got here some bass played by guitar, vocals(although they are a little too sharp for me), funky rhythm guitars, and solo guitars... I guess it will be a great candidate for this application... Only drums arent played by me (they are written using addictive drums)...

Which are you auditioning for, all of them?, listening now

QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Aug 15 2009, 03:42 PM) *
sweet ill be working on my take today

how do you prefer this to be done?

full backing track? or keep it simple so you can hear (in my case) the guitar playing?

Both if you can, I'd like to hear it with backing so I can hear rhythm placement and stuff, but if you can a few seconds of guitar by itself, whatever you want to do that showcases your best

--------------------
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:35 PM