A Headbanger's Journey Part 2, Global Metal
Vinicitur
Jan 9 2008, 08:27 AM
GMC:er
I thought people here would be interested in this. Sam Dunn and Scot McFadyen who brought us Metal: A headbanger's journey are working on the sequel documentary: Global Metal.

This time they are supposed to go to every continent and see exactly what is different/similar with the metal scene there.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jan 9 2008, 11:49 AM
Sound really interesting, I loved the first movie. (Necrobutcher is priceless in it)

Do you know when it's supposed to be finished?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Jan 9 2008, 02:48 PM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Jan 9 2008, 06:49 AM) *
Do you know when it's supposed to be finished?

The tentative release date was September 2007. But on the Seville pictures website, they say that they're still shooting.

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 9 2008, 03:04 PM
Instructor
Yeah! this is great news, I loved the first one! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
erik
Jan 9 2008, 03:47 PM
The first one is a really good move, however I hate the way he presents Norway.. He makes it sound like most people are satanic here, and that church burning happens "often".. Ok, so most black metal musicians say that they doesn't worship the devil, and I think the ones who say they do are just after atention. And about the church burnings. It's not that many, and it was only in the 90's.. Btw, Varg Vikernes, the guy from Burzum who is in jail for murder and is suppesdly the bigest satanist of them all, wrote on his website that he doesn't really worship the devil. tongue.gif and the movie portraied him as "the worst of the worst"!..

And Bergen is according to the movie "a small town". It's the second largest city in Norway huh.gif tongue.gif

Besides that, it's really cool smile.gif I have watched it many times, and looking forward to the next one

This post has been edited by erik: Jan 9 2008, 03:48 PM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 9 2008, 03:48 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This is great news , I really liked the first part ! wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Jan 9 2008, 05:56 PM
QUOTE (erik @ Jan 9 2008, 10:47 AM) *
The first one is a really good move, however I hate the way he presents Norway.. He makes it sound like most people are satanic here,

He states in the documentary that 87% of Norwegians belong to the Lutheran church.

and that church burning happens "often"

In the interview with Gaahl he states "Whether we like it or not metal in Norway is known for a string of events that happened in the early 90s around a series of arsons" He doesn't say it happens often.

Btw, Varg Vikernes, the guy from Burzum who is in jail for murder and is suppesdly the bigest satanist of them all, wrote on his website that he doesn't really worship the devil. tongue.gif and the movie portraied him as "the worst of the worst"!..

They said he's the most notorious metal musician not the biggest satanist. This is probably due to the murder of Euronymous and some of his writings. For me the satanist point of view is pretty weird. I mean you take Satan, a major figure in the Christian religion, and adopt it as a means of rejecting Christianity. That would be like me adopting Loki as a way or rejecting the Norse gods. Kind of absurd really. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Vinicitur: Jan 9 2008, 07:10 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 9 2008, 06:48 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
First one was cool, this one should be awesome!

+Quote Post
Davidian
Jan 9 2008, 09:47 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Metal: A Headbangers Journey 2?
Nice! biggrin.gif
I really want to see this one.

I remember this part in the first movie with Dee Snyder, when he had to talk in front of court or something like that. Everybody though he was a really dumb person, but he owned them all! biggrin.gif
That was awesome!

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 9 2008, 10:23 PM
Awesome!!! i loved the first movie, this one will be great!

QUOTE (Davidian @ Jan 9 2008, 02:47 PM) *
Metal: A Headbangers Journey 2?
Nice! biggrin.gif
I really want to see this one.

I remember this part in the first movie with Dee Snyder, when he had to talk in front of court or something like that. Everybody though he was a really dumb person, but he owned them all! biggrin.gif
That was awesome!

yeah that part was awesome tongue.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:53 PM