Duendezillo's October Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments here
Pedja Simovic
Oct 12 2009, 03:41 PM
Instructor
Ok Angel, here we go with new MTP rules. You will be required to submit 3 assignments in October, all on weekly basis.

1st assignment is due on 17th of October.

I want you to upload audio and/or video of you playing following 7 alternate picking exercises. I would like you to do them at least 90bpm without any mistakes with these.

Feel free to check out first 5 examples that I played at 60,80 and 100bpm HERE.

Let me know if you got any questions!

Pedja

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Exercise_1_Alternate.pdf ( 103.34K ) Number of downloads: 88
Attached File  Exercise_2_Alternate.pdf ( 104.72K ) Number of downloads: 89
Attached File  Exercise_3_Alternate.pdf ( 106.53K ) Number of downloads: 82
Attached File  Exercise_4_Alternate.pdf ( 66.74K ) Number of downloads: 78
Attached File  Exercise_5_Alternate.pdf ( 70.31K ) Number of downloads: 110
Attached File  Exercise_6_Alternate.pdf ( 90.17K ) Number of downloads: 85
Attached File  Exercise_7_Alternate.pdf ( 84.09K ) Number of downloads: 126

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
duendezillo
Oct 15 2009, 10:38 PM
Learning Roadie
Ok
Sorry I've been out for a while...
I'll try to post some vids tomorrow!! Specially, #6 and #7

Angel

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 16 2009, 07:40 PM
Instructor
Thank you Angel, I look forward to it tomorrow!

--------------------

+Quote Post
duendezillo
Oct 18 2009, 06:38 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Pedja,

Finally, I got something to show you...I just recorded a couple of vids for exercices #6 and #7 related with alternate picking. I've been practicing hard during the last two weeks. I see some improvement but also feel kind of fustrated a little bit with this last examples. 90 bmp it's really fast for me. I have difficulties with coordination of both hands.
I think that now it's a matter of good coordination. Anyway, we'll see...

I thought that maybe I could lower the action on my guitar. But I don't really know if that would solve the problem. Now the action it's about 2mm in the G and D strings. And a little bit lower (around 1.7mm) in the oposite sides (due to the fact that it's a tune o matic bridge). Also the pick i'm using it's 1mm hard. Should I change those parameters?
I hope you could help me to 'unblock' those scales!!!

The overall feeling it's that i'm very happy anyway.

Take care,

Angel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 18 2009, 07:32 PM
Instructor
Angel I watched those videos. It sounds like you are almost there with the tempo. Exercises 6 and 7 sound sloppy a bit but you can fix that soon. Lower the tempo to 70bpm and try to play those exercises with that tempo. After you are done with 70, move to 80bpm. After 80, 90 will come and you will have no need to look back on them ever again smile.gif

I think 1mm pick is good and is your action. Generally the lower the action, the easier it is to play things faster. I however always let the fingers do the work and talking. Don't worry too much about action, with hard practice you can overcome anything.

I am glad you are very happy with your progress so far. I will post your 2nd assignment soon!

--------------------

+Quote Post
duendezillo
Oct 18 2009, 08:20 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Pedja!

I'm starting to feel what is this all about...!!! hahaha.
I can't wait for more assignments.
Well, as I always say:

Keep on working!

Angel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 19 2009, 01:30 PM
Instructor
Angel we are moving onto your 2nd assignment this month. Focus is on Sweep picking now.

2nd assignment due October 26th.

- Work on 5 sweep picking examples, record them (audio and/or video) and post them here.
- Use tempos provided in Guitar pro file as a guide for final tempo.

Let me know if you have any questions! I shall upload videos of myself playing those examples today and will post them here for you as well.

Pedja

P.S. Try to play examples using original tempo in guitar pro. If you have trouble with those let me know and I will drop the bar a bit smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Sweep_picking_1.gp5 ( 1.92K ) Number of downloads: 111
Attached File  Sweep_picking_1.pdf ( 77.77K ) Number of downloads: 82
Attached File  Sweep_picking_2.gp5 ( 2.03K ) Number of downloads: 110
Attached File  Sweep_picking_2.pdf ( 84.54K ) Number of downloads: 76
Attached File  Sweep_picking_3.gp5 ( 1.68K ) Number of downloads: 88
Attached File  Sweep_picking_3.pdf ( 66.13K ) Number of downloads: 78
Attached File  Sweep_picking_4.gp5 ( 2K ) Number of downloads: 92
Attached File  Sweep_picking_4.pdf ( 77.57K ) Number of downloads: 84
Attached File  Sweep_picking_5.gp5 ( 1.81K ) Number of downloads: 86
Attached File  Sweep_picking_5.pdf ( 64.77K ) Number of downloads: 88

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 20 2009, 04:37 PM
Instructor
Angel, here are all the examples in this thread HERE

I won't set up specific tempos for you. Feel free to record exercises in tempo that you are most comfortable in !

--------------------

+Quote Post
duendezillo
Oct 20 2009, 07:21 PM
Learning Roadie
Awesome Pedja!

I'll look at it tomorrow. They seem difficult at first sight.
I'll try to do my best on those exercices. Thanks for leting me chose the tempo...!!

Angel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 20 2009, 07:29 PM
Instructor
Great Angel. Please let me know if you have any questions !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 22 2009, 10:47 PM
Instructor
Angel, how is assignment coming along?
Let me know if I can help in any way!

--------------------

+Quote Post
duendezillo
Oct 22 2009, 11:05 PM
Learning Roadie
To be honest, I'm a little bit scared. I tryed the first example and found it really difficult. I've tryed some sweep picking in the past and always thought that it requires great skills!
I'll start to practice all the exercices one by one tomorrow afternoon at extreeeeemely low tempo and see what happens.
In relation with the exercices of the last month, I practice them every day for around 50 min and now I consider them as my 'warm up licks'. I'm really thankful Pedja.

You'll have news of my improvements soon

Angel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 22 2009, 11:11 PM
Instructor
No need to be scared Angel smile.gif
We will work on sweep picking and master it. For certain exercises it may be easier to move tempos than others but the idea here is to get sweep picking mechanics down and play them all in time. If you can do this, at tempos of your choice, we have achieved our goal! As times goes by you will implement this technique into your practice routine and improve it over time.
Look forward to audio and/or video Angel smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
duendezillo
Oct 23 2009, 05:11 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Pedja,

Horrible but I did it also for fun. Yes I just recorded the 5 vids, one for each example so I forced myself to look at it at least one time today...Now that I'm familiarized with the licks I'm going to 'master' it, or at least try to add those to my list of useful licks while I'm playing as you well said.
Anyway, no need to comment anything...hahahaha

Keep on working,

Angel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 23 2009, 05:20 PM
Instructor
Angel smile.gif

I just want to correct the technique in those videos. Make sure that you sweep through the strings. Don't pick individual notes!!! Never do that when you are doing sweep picking please. Think of it as if you were strumming a chord!

Exercise 1 should be played 2 frets higher. Exercise 2, pay attention to picking strokes, check guitar pro slowly! Exercise 3 , make sure you use all 4 fingers, not just index and middle smile.gif
You repeated exercise 3 for the last two videos as well so... Keep working smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
duendezillo
Oct 23 2009, 05:45 PM
Learning Roadie
Yes! I'm sorry I just realized. Here are the last two videos, examples 4 and 5.
I'm reading your comments...thanks a lot.

I think a got the basic idea: 'strumming' the strings
I'll work on low tempos, don't worry

Angel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 24 2009, 09:59 PM
Instructor
Angel last 2 examples also need work. Besides technique (strumming rather than individually picking the notes), you need to look at the Guitar pro and/or PDF file and learn the right notes. You will notice that Exercise 4 uses same fingering and shape for G and F chord. The only difference is that they are 2 frets apart. For Exercise 5 you are omitting a note that should be played on 12th fret on E string. Check that out and let me know if you need any help smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 30 2009, 08:28 AM
Instructor
Angel we are moving to your 3rd assignment for this month. We will focus on triads this time which is directly related to theory and harmony.

3rd assignment is due on 4th of November.

- Record a full lesson of mine Triads in a major scale part 1.

Here is a link for the lesson HERE

Let me know if you have any questions!

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
duendezillo
Oct 30 2009, 06:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Great!
I'll look at it this weekend...The sweep picking exercices have been improved just a little. There are a couple (nº4 and nº2) wich a think they are really dificult to start with that technique for me that i'm a total beginer. Anyway, You'll have some vids too.
Thanks,

Angel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 30 2009, 08:24 PM
Instructor
Great to hear that Angel. We will keep working on sweep picking more in November as it seems to be troubling area for you. Look forward to your videos !

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:38 AM