Right Hand Finger-sweeping
Matt_Herd
May 26 2007, 03:30 PM
GMC:er
When i switch from sweeping down to up, my thumb and index finger move, is this ok? Or does all movement have to come from the wrist?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
AIB234
May 26 2007, 06:40 PM
I do a bit of thumb/index movement as well.

I don't think there is a right or wrong way to do this. If it works for you then do it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Matt_Herd
May 26 2007, 07:38 PM
Every video of anyone sweeping i have seen has been using wrist only to sweep, but i find this hard to do as i have been using finger movement for sweeping sad.gif.

+Quote Post
Matt_Herd
May 26 2007, 09:36 PM
Heres a small video if you could not understand smile.gif, sorry for the darkness in it my webcam sucks.

This is the way i sweep with my right hand, is this ok?? i dont think it is.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  picking.wmv ( 911.62K ) Number of downloads: 154

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 26 2007, 09:43 PM
I think dcing it htat way dude...makes you lose the ability to mute the strings probably..and sweep cleanly..but not for real sure...pavel is gonna have to help on this 1

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Matt_Herd
May 26 2007, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the feed back, i dont really want to move on with sweeping if i am doing it the wrong way.

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 26 2007, 09:52 PM
yea just kind wait for pavel to post on here...

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 26 2007, 10:01 PM
Instructor
The video is too dark to see anything. Honestly - i didn't understand what the problem is. You can move your right hand wherever you want as long as you keep muting the strings and playing clean. The movement is up to you - make it comfortable AND technically good! If you are asking if you should change the pick angle when switching from down to up motion - yes, you should!!

Let me know if you ment something else 'cause, as i said, i didn't quite understand the question!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Matt_Herd
May 26 2007, 10:09 PM
Ahh ok, i was meaning that i sweep using my thumb and index finger not keeping them together and making the movment by my wrist.

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 26 2007, 10:15 PM
Instructor
Ah that's ok! You can do that!It doesn't matter if you keep it together with other fingers or separated. It's just important to make wrist movement! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Matt_Herd
May 27 2007, 05:18 PM
Thats what i have been trying to say , i dont make wrist movement when sweeping. How can i fix this?

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 27 2007, 07:08 PM
Instructor
Get back to Sweeping Basics lesson and try to do it as i show in the lesson! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt_Herd
May 28 2007, 11:09 AM
Hows this? Its a much lighter video than the last time, now i just gotta fix my mic laugh.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Untitled_0001.wmv ( 899.11K ) Number of downloads: 157

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 28 2007, 03:06 PM
Instructor
It looks good but there is no sound biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:00 AM