2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Lazy Rock Collaboration !
Ben Higgins
May 2 2012, 12:35 PM
Instructor
Good afternoon Dudez ! cool.gif

Here is the final mix of the collab - Enjoy !

Attached File  Lazy_Rock_Collab.mp3 ( 6.39MB ) Number of downloads: 127

I don't have any critical feedback for your takes this time because the guitar playing was brilliant from everyone. The only criticisms I have are about tone.

Lixxx, your take suffered from a strange tone that sounds like you've got a flanger effect on it. As a result, some notes sound high, nasal and thin wheras some notes leap out of the speakers with too much bottom end boom. I had to mess around with EQ a bit to try and reduce that booming effect whilst keeping the audio loud enough so try and go for a more natural sound with less bass, a healthy does of mid range and go easy on the treble smile.gif

H4H, your tone was really nice and woody sounding. Again there was a few moments of bottom end leaping out here and there. I'm not sure how you guys are recording your audio.. maybe there's some way to reduce unwanted frequencies and excess noise ?

Your actual playing itself was fantastic guys, can't fault it !

No tone issues with Gitarrero and Todd. Christian, I like your laid back Frusciante approach - it really works. A few meandering passages here and there which feel like they don't resolve but I'll let you off because I'm sure you improvised the whole thing, like most of us, so you're forgiven.

Todd, I love your playing but I think it's about time you released the inner bluesman in you.. let's get you doing some delta style blues bends and double stops. I think for a future collab we should forbid diatonic scale runs to get me and you totally out of our comfort zones - that'll be fun !! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: May 2 2012, 12:35 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lixxx
May 4 2012, 07:26 PM
GMC:er
Thx, Man

Yeah the JM4 does rly mess that up. Nxt recording will be from the BR-800 so should be nicer quality.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 5 2012, 05:40 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks Ben!

Yes, I always improvise...I can't memorize my own solos laugh.gif

Now let's see the "two men transatlantic blues army"! Would be cool to see you and Todd really play different stuff than you use to biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 5 2012, 10:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ May 5 2012, 05:40 AM) *
Thanks Ben!

Yes, I always improvise...I can't memorize my own solos laugh.gif

Now let's see the "two men transatlantic blues army"! Would be cool to see you and Todd really play different stuff than you use to biggrin.gif

That's cool, Christian.. yeah sometimes improv is just the way to go smile.gif

Yeah, it's good to put ourselves in the shoes of a different type of style. A bit like method acting, where you 'become' the character. It always helps to get into a blues mindset when you get a real, woody blues tone and start trying to think like a bluesman smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:15 AM