Olympic Opening Ceremony
Todd Simpson
Jul 29 2012, 08:26 PM
GMC:er
Go Danny Boyle! The TRAINSPOTTING director did a fine job with what he had and it seems folks liked it. I was a bit worried after seeing Beijing's opening. Tough act to follow.

BEN: Are you going to any of the games now that they are happening on your turf?

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 29 2012, 08:32 PM
Yeah, i agree it was tough to follow Bejing, and it unfortunatelly failed...

The first 2-3 stories (the rise of industry etc) were just fantastic then it went all down with all that "Spice Girls" scenography and those random teenage songs (and no metal artists at all tongue.gif )
And the camera production wasn't that marbelass , u can see like the director is sleeping and forget to follow the scene..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Jul 29 2012, 08:34 PM

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jul 29 2012, 08:52 PM
Tone Seeker
I liked Bond and Mr. Bean scenes. But yeah after what Pejing did it almost impossible to create something better.
But it's crazy to realize how many different sport events there is. I was watching womens skeet shooting where this American lady won and broke a record. She missed only once ! Then these mafioso looking Italy guys won against American guys in a bow / arrow shooting. It was funny because those Italian guys didn't look like fit athletes like ex. those swimmer men (Damn they're big ! ) but they still won. It's not always about being in shape.

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jul 29 2012, 09:09 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 30 2012, 11:37 PM
I have to agree it was really hard to follow beijing. And as a topic it's generating pretty minimal interest as well. I also notice that many of the seats are empty at the Events. I hope it picks up.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 31 2012, 09:25 AM
Instructor
Yo Todd, I really enjoyed the opening ceremony with the Industrial part being the pinnacle for me. I kind of agree with Slav that the teenage clubber part didn't have the magic but overall, I still think they pulled off an impressive feat considering that nobody thought (myself included) we'd be able to do anything impressive at all. smile.gif

I'm not going to any of the events myself.. I probably won't follow any of them either to be honest, there's just too much going on !! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jul 31 2012, 09:25 AM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 31 2012, 05:32 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I thought it was a pretty awesome ceremony and I understood what they were showing and what story they wanted to tell.

Ben, I really thought you'd go and see the whole equestrian thing huh.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 31 2012, 06:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 31 2012, 05:32 PM) *
Ben, I really thought you'd go and see the whole equestrian thing huh.gif

Nah, I'm not really interested in horse eventing etc.. I do like to see some cool horse displays like the Royal Horse Gala or something but when it comes to eventing like show jumping, dressage etc, it's not my thing smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:20 PM