Beginning Of A New Song
Smurkas
Dec 23 2007, 12:12 AM
GMC:er
Hello everyone! This is a draft of the beginning of a new song I've been working on. It's not finished yet but I was itching to do a proof of concept so I recorded it in a quickie to get a feel for it. Now I know I'm playing it sloppily and when I'm recording it for real I will be redoing everything to get it real nice and tight. I want comments about what you think about the riffs. Are they cool to your ears? Do they groove properly? Is the song to slow, is the song to fast etc.

For those of you that think the playing is so atrociously bad that you just can't stand to listen to it, salvation is here for you in the form of a guitar pro 5-tab of what I'm supposed to be playing. As an extra bonus, the tab includes parts of the song that I haven't recorded yet so feel free to give it a listen and let me know what you think of the other parts as well!

So hit me with all you've got, I'm looking forward to your comments. Oh and btw, the name of the song is a misnomer, it is not a funk song! The song grew out of a funky skank riff I came up with but that riff died somewhere along the road.

/Marcus

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Smurkas: Dec 23 2007, 12:14 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Phrygian_Funk.mp3 ( 1.59MB ) Number of downloads: 531
Attached File  Post_Factum___Phrygian_Funk.gp5 ( 24.28K ) Number of downloads: 377

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
SEANCD2005
Dec 23 2007, 12:57 AM
GMC:er
I think it sounds pretty cool, it kinda has a Tool sound to it. I like it

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:32 AM