2 Pages V   1 2 >  
How Does Buckethead Entertain Dinner Guests?
mattacuk
Nov 16 2007, 01:46 AM
Lets go fishing!
With after dinner shredding of couse wink.gif I found this video and found it so ultra cool I just had to share. I love the fact his guests look like they are all dressed up, and the house looks pretty nice!

So here is the video, check out the ultra cool kill switch useage, some awsome sweep tap arpeggios ! cool.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spxR5j269Wc

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 16 2007, 02:06 AM
GMC:er
Cool vid. Although Buckethead looked a bit out of place since he wasn't dressed up like the other people... biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 16 2007, 02:10 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Nov 16 2007, 01:06 AM) *
Cool vid. Although Buckethead looked a bit out of place since he wasn't dressed up like the other people... biggrin.gif

Maybe a Dickie Bow tie? biggrin.gif

Here is another, but a very nice change! Very blue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KtR-UAp614

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Nov 16 2007, 02:17 AM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 16 2007, 02:24 AM
Woah! Buckethead at a dinner party! laugh.gif

That is pretty funked up tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
chast
Nov 16 2007, 02:24 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 16 2007, 02:10 AM) *
Maybe a Dickie Bow tie? biggrin.gif

Here is another, but a very nice change! Very blue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KtR-UAp614

Hey matt, werent some new albums released by buckethead ?
If so, do you have them and how are they ? smile.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 16 2007, 02:25 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (chast @ Nov 16 2007, 01:24 AM) *
Hey matt, werent some new albums released by buckethead ?
If so, do you have them and how are they ? smile.gif

Yes, and apprently he hand made all the covers blink.gif laugh.gif

I am waiting to get paid so i can buy them, and will reveiw in due course wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 16 2007, 02:25 AM
Buckethead has released like 12 albums in the last 3 years, its standing at like 3-4 a year at current, I personally think that is an epic amount of output for a single guy! smile.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 16 2007, 02:35 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 16 2007, 01:25 AM) *
Buckethead has released like 12 albums in the last 3 years, its standing at like 3-4 a year at current, I personally think that is an epic amount of output for a single guy! smile.gif

Yes its pretty good going !! smile.gif

One last video for you all, this is my no1 Buckethead performance. It is full of atmosphere and In my humble opinion a seriously good performance cool.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moqy4G74afc

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 16 2007, 03:22 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Is there any pics or stuff of Buckethead with out the KFC bucket and mask??

I wonder if its Terry Wogan under there or sumink laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 16 2007, 03:30 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Smells @ Nov 15 2007, 09:22 PM) *
Is there any pics or stuff of Buckethead with out the KFC bucket and mask??

I wonder if its Terry Wogan under there or sumink laugh.gif laugh.gif

There a magazine clipping I have seen a couple of times, but don't have it to hand - Matt would know smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 16 2007, 03:31 AM
Lets go fishing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 16 2007, 03:34 AM
a ha thanks for that Matt smile.gif sorta Wogan ish smile.gif

So wots the story behind the KFC bucket etc?

--------------------

+Quote Post
chast
Nov 16 2007, 04:02 AM
Learning Roadie
I wonder how Buckethead can eat through the mask huh.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Nov 16 2007, 04:12 AM
QUOTE (chast @ Nov 16 2007, 04:02 AM) *
I wonder how Buckethead can eat through the mask huh.gif

Wonder if hes endorsed by KFC.

He might even be the first guitarist endorsed by a huge fast food chain I bet.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 16 2007, 04:15 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Smells @ Nov 16 2007, 02:34 AM) *
a ha thanks for that Matt smile.gif sorta Wogan ish smile.gif

So wots the story behind the KFC bucket etc?

Your welcome! smile.gif

Knowone is entirley sure why he hides behind the mask and bucket. Ive read as much as possible on him, and recently I have obtained a guitar magazine with lessons and interveiw.(the only known magazine hes done)

My personal feeling is that he just feels comfortable behind it, and it allows him to expressive himself artistcally.

Alot of his music is quite deep, titles like "for mom" and "watching the boats with my dad" to name a few show what I think is quite a sensitive soul.

The "blank male mask" I think he chose because he chooses to put the ephasis on his music rather than image. Of course the paradox of that is that he has created unqiue persona all of his own! smile.gif

He has strong ties to Paul Gilbert from what I can make out. Its common knowledge he took lessons with Paul for at least one year, but Bucket has mentioned in several interveiws the fact paul often comes around his house (apprently with shawn lane tapes laugh.gif ).

Paul mentions on his own site that he is not infact buckethead (you can tell he isnt because bucket is near 7 feet tall with full costume and much larger in frame. Also on Bucketheads site he mentions Paul gilbert.

There are so many fantastic players around at the moment, but the reason Buckethead is my personal favorite is for many reasons!

The first and most obvious is that he has taken playing to the absolute technical limits, his accuracy and timeing are on par with paul gilberts, but he has a very original and unique sound.

His genre ranges from full out shred to ultra mellow blues, there is nothing he doesent do well!

The second thing is that this guy is pretty much a fruit loop laugh.gif laugh.gif But thats ok... I am a pretty crazy guy myself, i like fun things and I dont take myself or my music to seriously wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 16 2007, 04:21 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 16 2007, 03:15 AM) *
My personal feeling is that he just feels comfortable behind it, and it allows him to expressive himself artistcally.

Thanks m8,

Thats quite a good way of looking at it, however, I think putting a KFC bucket on your head is pretty much gunna distract people from his music, and ofc as you said think of him as a fruit cake blink.gif

I`m not knocking the guy, your quite right he is an amazing guitarist, just trying to understand it a little thats all smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sillyman
Nov 16 2007, 04:23 AM
wats wit da button he keeps tappin

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)
Ibanez 10 watt amp (hell no)

+Quote Post
chast
Nov 16 2007, 04:24 AM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, Bucketheads timing is awesome, Night of the Slunk grooves like hell biggrin.gif

I also want to read interviews with Buckethead :/
But I've never found one (online)
How old are the interviews ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 16 2007, 04:33 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Smells @ Nov 16 2007, 03:21 AM) *
Thanks m8,

Thats quite a good way of looking at it, however, I think putting a KFC bucket on your head is pretty much gunna distract people from his music, and ofc as you said think of him as a fruit cake blink.gif

I`m not knocking the guy, your quite right he is an amazing guitarist, just trying to understand it a little thats all smile.gif

No worries! I dont think anyone will truley know why he has the bucket! But to be honest, even when i first listened to him play the bucket didnt really stand out for more than a few minutes.

When your new to Buckethead of course its right in your face! but it seems to become transparent the more you listen. When i watch him play with emotion and see the blank expression stareing back it creates some kind of enigma. It almost like a blank canvas... I think i see it in an artistic way because i myself am an artist.

QUOTE (sillyman @ Nov 16 2007, 03:23 AM) *
wats wit da button he keeps tappin

That is a kill switch, he is a master of it..... not many people use it such effect!

This is a great example, he uses it mainly when riffing;

Dream Girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4GLcsTaXCs

This Video is my 2nd favorite, i love the equisite phraseing and the heavy / soft contrasts

Final Wars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hxi8sXjDUY

QUOTE (chast @ Nov 16 2007, 03:24 AM) *
Yeah, Bucketheads timing is awesome, Night of the Slunk grooves like hell biggrin.gif

I also want to read interviews with Buckethead :/
But I've never found one (online)
How old are the interviews ?

The ones i have are from 2005, but he is pretty active at the moment in terms of produceing so maybe he will do more. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sillyman
Nov 16 2007, 04:34 AM
so thats wat a killswitch is, now dat band actuali makes sense tongue.gif thanks mattacuk

This post has been edited by sillyman: Nov 16 2007, 04:35 AM

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)
Ibanez 10 watt amp (hell no)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:26 PM