4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
About Paul Gilbert
KRmachine
Nov 3 2007, 11:12 PM
GMC:er
This one is great:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DiiGFXcsnJE

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gen
Nov 3 2007, 11:22 PM
As a BIG fan of of Paul Gilbert, i gotta post this video biggrin.gif
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LgLSk_ZKv1k
Its a Japanese show produced by Marty Friedman, and guess who the special guest ? biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Ben N
Nov 3 2007, 11:44 PM
Instructor
yes Poul Gilbert rocks!!!! smile.gif
he is now my favorit guitar player too smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 3 2007, 11:57 PM

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Apr 21 2011, 11:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 4 2007, 02:00 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Ben N @ Nov 3 2007, 10:44 PM) *
yes Poul Gilbert rocks!!!! smile.gif
he is now my favorit guitar player too smile.gif

Awsome Ben !! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 4 2007, 02:24 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Nov 3 2007, 02:30 PM) *
When my guitar teachers drummer went to MI out in California ( College for Musicans) guess who was the lead guitar teacher there, Mr.Gilbert blink.gif smile.gif

makes me a lot a bit jealous lol!

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Nov 4 2007, 02:27 AM
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 2 2007, 07:08 AM) *
can we have special robes with our names on it and special beer steins and special paul gilbert style headphones?

Well ... he sings like ... no no ... not going to say it ... why dose he HAVE to do the vocal? No Robe to me as long as he sings ... hmm ... laugh.gif

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 4 2007, 02:50 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=n1MQFhVkc_I

Ok how is he doing that lapping noise in the beginning, right after the slide?

I'm thinking thats an effect? a Flanger?

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
Gen
Nov 4 2007, 03:20 AM
Yes, he uses a Flanger pedal.

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Nov 4 2007, 04:45 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 2 2007, 04:20 PM) *
Dont forget this legendary video - http://youtube.com/watch?v=T2zXMR2yc8E

Gotta love the solo at the end! guitar tastles are comeing back i tell you laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ha thats my video on youtube Mattacuk! tongue.gif
Posted it quite a while back, I'm definabably in the PG fan boat!

DeepRoots

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 5 2007, 07:20 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Nov 4 2007, 03:45 AM) *
Ha thats my video on youtube Mattacuk! tongue.gif
Posted it quite a while back, I'm definabably in the PG fan boat!

DeepRoots

Good job, you can be in the offical gmc gilberto fan club too!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
LwShieN
Dec 5 2007, 07:41 AM
Have to say Paul gilbert is my favorite guitarist , he is a very melodic shredder and just an all rounder instrumentalist and guitarist. I Have to agree that music nowadays are mostly rubbish mad.gif MTV and what not mostly feature idiots like justin timberlake and rihanna and 50 cent ( no offence to the fans out there ) but i think the 80's was the climax of music and it all started going down hill from there

Don't get me wrong, i agree that there are awesome musicians and music from the 90's and now but not as ground breaking and influential as the 80's .. and though i was born in this era but i prefer the 80's tongue.gif...

Long live gilbert

--------------------
MY GEAR

Ibanez RG1570
Seagul Accoustic Guitar
Brandless Classical Guitar
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Gt8 Boss Pedal

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 5 2007, 10:18 AM
Lets go fishing!
Fantastic, another PG Fan club member! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 5 2007, 04:24 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
He`s supporting Joe Satch next year in May in the UK, def gunna get a ticket! biggrin.gif mad.gif when the darn ticketline website is working! mad.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Willie the pimp
Dec 5 2007, 04:39 PM
Paul Gilbert is a fantastic guitar player, but i just dont get the same good feeling as i do while listening to Hendrix or page. i guess its just to fast for me laugh.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 5 2007, 09:10 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 5 2007, 03:24 PM) *
He`s supporting Joe Satch next year in May in the UK, def gunna get a ticket! biggrin.gif mad.gif when the darn ticketline website is working! mad.gif

Yeah , Im seriously thinking about getting a ticket! biggrin.gif I know satch is great, but im only going to see Paul ! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 5 2007, 09:15 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Dec 5 2007, 08:10 PM) *
Yeah , Im seriously thinking about getting a ticket! biggrin.gif I know satch is great, but im only going to see Paul ! biggrin.gif

I`ve seen Satch twice before and its a good show, but yea me also m8, I wouldnt bother again if PG wasnt the support, I only went to see satch last time coz the support was Michael Schenker biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 5 2007, 09:17 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 5 2007, 08:15 PM) *
I`ve seen Satch twice before and its a good show, but yea me also m8, I wouldnt bother again if PG wasnt the support, I only went to see satch last time coz the support was Michael Schenker biggrin.gif

Just dont tell Satch were going to see Paul ! wink.gif laugh.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 5 2007, 09:20 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Dec 5 2007, 08:17 PM) *
Just dont tell Satch were going to see Paul ! wink.gif laugh.gif smile.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Actually thinking about it .... What a great way to get peeps to come see ya a million times! just get a kick ass rockin support every time, ya not gunna go after the support are ya biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 5 2007, 09:22 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 5 2007, 08:20 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif
Actually thinking about it .... What a great way to get peeps to come see ya a million times! just get a kick ass rockin support every time, ya not gunna go after the support are ya biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif I think I may swoon when I see paul unsure.gif

"Please play Scarified" !!! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:59 AM