> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Renan's Thread, for Gab's Army
Renan
Apr 23 2014, 07:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey man !
Today I learned your old Power Metal Rythm lesson and posted it on REC . I would really like to learn some parts of your 40 Power metal Bands lesson smile.gif Let's put that on the routine too. What techniques do you suggest for practicing , alternate picking?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 24 2014, 02:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Renan @ Apr 23 2014, 03:25 PM) *
Hey man !
Today I learned your old Power Metal Rythm lesson and posted it on REC . I would really like to learn some parts of your 40 Power metal Bands lesson smile.gif Let's put that on the routine too. What techniques do you suggest for practicing , alternate picking?

Cool! I will grade it in a moment.

Learning the Power Metal Medley? That's a really cool idea! The techniques that you have to master are rhythm, alternate picking and sweep picking.

We could start with the first 5 bands... what do you think?

How is the current routine going?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Renan
Apr 24 2014, 09:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
The routine is all right , Okay so let's start with the first 5 band. I can learn and them send some takes to you tomorrow I think.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 25 2014, 06:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Renan @ Apr 24 2014, 05:04 PM) *
The routine is all right , Okay so let's start with the first 5 band. I can learn and them send some takes to you tomorrow I think.

This sounds good! I'll wait for it. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Renan
May 4 2014, 05:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Gabriel

Your power metal lesson is harder than I thought. And I thought that it was so hard ! biggrin.gif
Here's a take at 115 .
https://soundcloud.com/rteuman/power-teake-1-115

Not a good take I now , I maybe rushed a bit for this lesson. Gonna work these parts slowly.
I hope that my second take would be at 145 tempo smile.gif
And the sweeping part of the 5th band is really insane for me for now.
What do you think about the take? How can I practice for this one?
Maybe the dark side is really more powerful , shall I turn to the darkside and be your apprentice?

Oh , and I opened a thread with Cosmin too. We'll be looking at some theory and other lesson.

This post has been edited by Renan: May 6 2014, 01:58 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 5 2014, 06:17 AM
Instructor
Hi Renan! Yeah, this is a tricky medley, that has some parts that are very difficult while others are a bit easier. The best is to keep on playing the parts everyday but also complementing the work with some other lessons that help you to polish the different techniques used there: alternate picking, sweep picking, metal rhythm. The current routine has some stuff that can help, but we can update it if you want.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Renan
Aug 19 2014, 10:02 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Gabriel, let's start again with new lessons smile.gif
for techniques , I'm working on your technique program :https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=42832

I want to work on my phrasing with you , can you suggest some lessons? (nowadays , listening to hendrix , page , kotzen , iommi etc.)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 19 2014, 02:17 PM
Instructor
Hi Renan! Great to see you back here!

There are many works that you can do in order to improve your phrasing. I think that the best would be to cover topics in order. I'm currently designing an improvisation course and the first part is based on Major Scales. These are the topics from the first part of the course that could start working.

- Caged System Concepts
- Major Scale Shapes
- Major Scales Sequences
- Major Arpeggios
- Major Scale Licks
- Combining everything over I - V - IV backing track.

What do you say? Are you already familiar with this stuff?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Renan
Aug 19 2014, 05:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
No , I'm not familiar with major scales sad.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 19 2014, 11:15 PM
Instructor
Ok! Let's start.

Do you know what the Caged system is? Explanation HERE.

Caged System:

C Major
Attached Image

Moveable Scale Shapes:

All the shapes are moveable. This is G Major scale in one octave:

Attached Image

Backing track practice:

Learn the major scales shapes that I shared before and try them over the backing track.

- Use different rhythms and techniques (alternate picking, legato, bending, vibrato).
- Sing the notes while you play them to incorporate the sound of each note over the progression.

Attached Image
Attached File  Backing_Track_In_G_Major__I___V___IV___V_.mp3 ( 22.26MB ) Number of downloads: 70

Please post here your improvisations!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Aug 19 2014, 11:22 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Renan
Jan 7 2015, 02:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi man !
Can we start to improvise in jazz? I've been going to a jazz school for 3-4 months , and will be learning theory all year.
Actually , I'm a drummer at there so I don't want to forget all those we learned in theory . Can you suggest me some lessons or some backtracks , or some scales ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 7 2015, 05:54 PM
Instructor
Hi Renan! How are you?

Great to know that you want to explore the jazz world. There are two ideas that comes to mind if you want to explore this syle. The first one is use our Jazz Guide at Theory Board to learn all the basic concepts and start applying them: LINK

However, I think that it's also very useful and at the same time "more musical" to work on Jazz Standards starting with some of the easier ones (Summertime, for example). The workout that you could do is:

- Learn the chord progression and play it using different chord shapes (you can use drop2, drop 3, and everything shares at the Jazz Guide).
- Learn the scales that can be used over the Standard.
- Learn the standard's main melody, play it over a backing track and transpose it to different parts of the fret-board.
- Create variations of the main melody.
- Improvise over the tune using the scales learnt.

This workout can also be applied to GMC jazz lessons: LINK

I also recommend you to give a look at this series: Jazz Notes

Whatever you decide to work first, please keep me updated and share your recordings here to let me monitor your progress. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:24 AM