7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
What Bands Have You Seen Live ?
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 9 2007, 12:35 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
What bands did you see live ??

From the big shots I saw : Iron Maiden twice , Metallica , Deep Purple , Whitesnake, Joe Satriani, Red Hot Chili Peppers,Stanley Clark ... Thats it wink.gif I hope more famous bands come to play in our country in the future.. wink.gif
I missed these concerts and I really regret that : Rolling Stones , Steve Vai ...

Thats what I can remember for now wink.gif

Tell us what bands did YOU see in action .. wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 9 2007, 12:44 AM
GMC:er
Cool thread.

Bjørn Berge
Iron Maiden 2x
Rolling Stones
Ken Hensley(uriah heep)
Omar and the howlers
Nazareth
Gorgoroth(we were the warm up band)
Keep of kalessin(we played on the same concert with them)
Hot Club De Norvége
Hallgeir Pedersen + Tore Johansen
The Dandy Warhols(They sucked)
Arch Enemy
Mastodon
Bacon(excellent swedish heavy blues rock band)

And tooons of other less popular bands. I'm pretty sure I've forgotten someone...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Robin: Mar 15 2008, 07:37 PM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 9 2007, 12:46 AM
Yeah you reminded me I saw also - Uriah Heep wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 9 2007, 12:48 AM
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Dec 9 2007, 12:46 AM) *
Yeah you reminded me I saw also - Uriah Heep wink.gif

Cool, how long ago did you see them? I think they kinda suck nowdays, only the guitarist left. Ken Hensley got the copyright of all the classics laugh.gif

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 9 2007, 12:51 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Dec 8 2007, 11:44 PM) *
Gorgoroth(we were the warm up band)

What a coincidence, my band played with Gorgoroth and 1349 a few years ago!

Ah I've seen so many but heres a few of the highlights:

Children of Bodom (9x)
Opeth
Ensiferum
Aborted
Defeated Sanity
Nightwish
Porcupine Tree
Nile
Anata
Decapitated
Visceral Bleeding
Turisas

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 9 2007, 12:53 AM
QUOTE (David.C.Bond @ Dec 9 2007, 12:51 AM) *
What a coincidence, my band played with Gorgoroth and 1349 a few years ago!

Cool!!

CoB 9x blink.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Dec 9 2007, 12:59 AM
Learning Tone Master
Stone Sour 2x
Trivium 3x
Machine Head
Megadeth
Slayer
Bullet for my Valentine
Lamb Of god
As I Lay Dying 2x
Annihilator
Velvet Revolver
Killswitch Engage
Dragonforce
Chimaira

Hey I'm going to see Machine Head, Trivium, Dragonforce, Arch Enemy and Shadows Fall on Sunday Evening on the Black Crusade Germany Tour!
Are you guys interested in a Review with Pics and vids?

This post has been edited by ZakkWylde: Dec 9 2007, 12:59 AM

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 9 2007, 01:05 AM
ive never been to a concert sad.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Dec 9 2007, 01:07 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Dec 8 2007, 06:05 PM) *

Me too, but I'm only 13...

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Dec 9 2007, 01:08 AM
I've seen way to few bands live, but:

Porcupine Tree
Cult of Luna
Metallica
Mastodon
Slayer
Candlemass (worst gig ever, I didn't like them before, and I like them even less after seeing them live)
Raised Fist (not a big fan of their music, but man, they are awesome live, pure energy)

And some more at festivals that I really don't care about. (I haven't seen Opeth live yet sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 9 2007, 01:09 AM
Instructor
Some of the more major acts that I've seen:

-Iron Maiden
-Metallica
-Slayer
-Testament
-Trivium
-Children of Bodom
-Lamb of God
-Thine Eyes Bleed
-In Flames
-Insomnium

Going to see Arch Enemy, Dragonforce and others at the Black Crusade gig in Finland @ 14.12, and I also have tickets to the Iron Maiden gig next year!!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Dec 9 2007, 01:10 AM
Get to da Chopper!
Hmmmm...for me the ones worth mentioning are:

(In chronological order)

- Still Remains
- Bullet for my Valentine
- Trivium
- Iron Maiden

and last month...

DREAM THEATER!!

Though of them all, i like still remains the least, however trivium put on the worst show (i guess because the were supporting Iron Maiden) and though im obsessed with Dream Theater; i loved the show but Iron Maiden were by far the best of them all.

Though Dream Theater blew me away- go see them on this tour if you can wink.gif

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Dec 9 2007, 01:10 AM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Dec 8 2007, 06:08 PM) *
Candlemass (worst gig ever, I didn't like them before, and I like them even less after seeing them live)

If you didn't like them, then why did you see them? huh.gif unsure.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 9 2007, 01:11 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Haven't been to many gigs since my daughter was born but when I used to go and in no particular order:

Scorpions, Rush, Judas Priest, UFO, Thin Lizzy, Uli Jon Roth, Nirvana, Sonic Youth, Pixies, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Magazine, Buzzcocks, Damned, Stiff Little Fingers, Pogues, Radiohead, Prodigy, Gong, Penetration, Gang of Four, Black Flag, Henry Rollins, Pat Metheny, Santana, John Mclauglin, Evan Parker, Stereolab, Autechre, Matmos, Prefuse 73, Michael Brecker, Clash, Jam, Who, Nick Cave, Einsterzende Neubaten, London Symphony, Birmingham Symphony, Liverpool Philharmonic, Dawn Upshaw, Maria Peres, Blue Oyster Cult, Tad, Fugazi, Jello Biafra, Hawkwind, Nina Simone, Miles Davis, John Scofield, Martin Taylor, XTC, Police, Undertones, Joy Division, Echo and the Bunnymen, Teardrop Explodes, New Order, Oasis, Massive Attack, Dire Straits, Elvis Costello, Be Bop Delux, Weather Report, Al de Meola, Paco de Lucia, The Orb, Orbital, Ronny Jordan, Hiram Bullock, Allan Holdsworth, Christy Moore, Genesis, Kraftwerk, Motorhead, Ministry, Pink Floyd, Queen, Ramones, Saga, Talking Heads, Van Halen, David Torn, John Abercrombie, Keith Jarrett, Carla Bley, Michael Hedges, Robert Fripp - er and quite a few others that I don't remember at the moment.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Dec 9 2007, 01:12 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Dec 8 2007, 06:11 PM) *
Haven't been to many gigs since my daughter was born but when I used to go and in no particular order:

Scorpions, Rush, Judas Priest, UFO, Thin Lizzy, Uli Jon Roth, Nirvana, Sonic Youth, Pixies, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Magazine, Buzzcocks, Damned, Stiff Little Fingers, Pogues, Radiohead, Prodigy, Gong, Penetration, Gang of Four, Black Flag, Henry Rollins, Pat Metheny, Santana, John Mclauglin, Evan Parker, Stereolab, Autechre, Matmos, Prefuse 73, Michael Brecker, Clash, Jam, Who, Nick Cave, Einsterzende Neubaten, London Symphony, Birmingham Symphony, Liverpool Philharmonic, Dawn Upshaw, Maria Peres, Blue Oyster Cult, Tad, Fugazi, Jello Biafra, Hawkwind, Nina Simone, Miles Davis, John Scofield, Martin Taylor, XTC, Police, Undertones, Joy Division, Echo and the Bunnymen, Teardrop Explodes, New Order, Oasis, Massive Attack, Dire Straits, Elvis Costello, Be Bop Delux, Weather Report, Al de Meola, Paco de Lucia, The Orb, Orbital, Ronny Jordan, Hiram Bullock, Allan Holdsworth, Christy Moore, Genesis, Kraftwerk, Motorhead, Ministry, Pink Floyd, Queen, Ramones, Saga, Talking Heads, Van Halen, David Torn, John Abercrombie, Keith Jarrett, Carla Bley, Michael Hedges, Robert Fripp - er and quite a few others that I don't remember at the moment.

Cheers,
Tony

Whoah!! How'd you manage to see all those!? cool.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 9 2007, 01:13 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Dec 8 2007, 11:53 PM) *
Cool!!
CoB 9x blink.gif laugh.gif

Dude, your band is awesome. True Norwegian BM indeed wink.gif
Your vocalist sounds suprisingly like Nocturno Culto.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 9 2007, 01:15 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Dec 9 2007, 12:48 AM) *
Cool, how long ago did you see them? I think they kinda suck nowdays, only the guitarist left. Ken Hensley got the copyright of all the classics laugh.gif

04-08-2006 I think...Well I'm not the bigest fan of them but I really liked their show..I liked the "beach boys" type vocals wink.gif And they really did put on a show even though they are old and everything..They played as headliners on a guitar festival here in Serbia , and my band played after on the same stage wink.gif Oh sweet memories ... wink.gif

And I saw Paco De Lucia also wink.gif I like him very very much smile.gif cool.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Dec 9 2007, 01:15 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 9 2007, 01:15 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Dec 9 2007, 01:11 AM) *

Cheers,
Tony

OMFG!!!! Miles Davis!!!! Priest?? Nirvana, prodigy, london symphony, gseearjejs.... *Passes out*

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Dec 9 2007, 01:16 AM
Millencolin
Opeth
Foo Fighters
Trivium
Jeff Lang
Bob Brozman
John Butler Trio
Static-X (got wayne static's pick)
MuDvAyNe
Slipknot
Ben Harper
Ash Grunwald
Keb' Mo'
The Audreys

Edit: +
Hatebreed
Queens of the Stone Age

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Dec 9 2007, 02:03 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 9 2007, 01:17 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Dec 9 2007, 01:05 AM) *

QUOTE (Xranthoius @ Dec 9 2007, 01:07 AM) *
Me too, but I'm only 13...

Don't worry , you'll go soon and it will be the best time of your life wink.gif cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:18 AM