8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
New Instructor - Marcus Siepen, Blind Guardian guitarist
Marcus Siepen
Mar 6 2008, 09:22 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
QUOTE (Rvddps @ Mar 6 2008, 08:12 PM) *
Welcome Marcus, its funny, i first found out about BG on this very site, but i was back a good 9 months now i think. I think your music is great, but this also opens up opportunities for GMC. It allows for your bands songs to be learned, which is a big plus, and it also may attract other professional famous guitarists to the site

Im really looking forward to some of your lessons, but, please, buy an ibanez tongue.gif

Edit: By the way, when's the next tour happening, and is there any chance at all of you coming to Scotland.
And when i say Scotland, i mean Edinburgh, not Glasgow, becuase they get all the good gigs...

We just finished an 18 months worldtour in November so don't expect us to go on tour anytime soon, first we have to come up with a new album. And about Ibanez... rolleyes.gif I guess I will stay with my Gibsons wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 6 2008, 11:42 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 6 2008, 12:22 PM) *
first we have to come up with a new album.

smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Mar 6 2008, 11:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 6 2008, 08:22 PM) *
I guess I will stay with my Gibsons wink.gif

Gibsons are the way to go wink.gif smile.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Mar 6 2008, 11:47 PM
GMC:er
Marcus can you ask John Petrucci to join too. I know you have ways of contacting him. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
steve25
Mar 6 2008, 11:52 PM
Dude, 103 replies that's just mental

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Mar 6 2008, 11:54 PM
QUOTE (steve25 @ Mar 6 2008, 05:52 PM) *
Dude, 103 replies that's just mental

Well we all have been talking about Gibson Les Pauls and all that under this thread to so...

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Mar 7 2008, 01:26 AM
Pretty sweet dude tongue.gif I can honestly say I havnt listened to your music much either but Ill start biggrin.gif What style do you play ?

-John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 7 2008, 01:27 AM
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Mar 6 2008, 05:47 PM) *
Marcus can you ask John Petrucci to join too. I know you have ways of contacting him. tongue.gif

HIM?! john petrucci grovels at this mans feet, begging for guitar advice! tongue.gif

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 7 2008, 03:37 AM
Moderation Policy Director
I'm late to the party, but WELCOME MARCUS, we're so glad to have you on board !

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Staples
Mar 7 2008, 03:50 AM
Welcome Marcus! Not too familiar with Blind Guardian but I snagged a few songs off of Zune marketplace [CDs take weeks sometimes to get overseas] and I must say you guys are pretty incredible. I liked the warm-up lesson and look forward to more!

--------------------
Times New Roman

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Mar 7 2008, 03:55 AM
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Mar 6 2008, 04:47 PM) *

And Jon Schaffer rolleyes.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 7 2008, 04:09 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Mar 6 2008, 06:55 PM) *
And Jon Schaffer rolleyes.gif

+ 999,9999,9999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,9999,9999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,

+Quote Post
Melodic Axeman
Mar 7 2008, 06:56 AM
and jimi hendrix too

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 7 2008, 09:48 AM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 7 2008, 01:27 AM) *
HIM?! john petrucci grovels at this mans feet, begging for guitar advice! tongue.gif

Lol, we played some Festivals last year together with Dream Theater but somehow I can't remember him crawling at my feet... wink.gif

@ John: Our style? It depends on who you talk too, I read threads in Forums already where people described us as Speedmetal, Powermetal, Progressivemetal, Heavymetal, Epicmetal... I would call us metal :-)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 7 2008, 09:49 AM
QUOTE (Melodic Axeman @ Mar 7 2008, 06:56 AM) *
and jimi hendrix too

Hahaha, yeah, in case I see Hendrix I will ask him to join too

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rvddps
Mar 7 2008, 05:40 PM
Epic Metal? That just sounds SO good smile.gif And getting Petrucci would be amazing.

+Quote Post
Goliath
Mar 7 2008, 06:39 PM
Marcus, through your adventures with Blind Guardian and touring in general, who is the most interesting person you have met?

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 7 2008, 07:04 PM
QUOTE (Goliath @ Mar 7 2008, 06:39 PM) *
Marcus, through your adventures with Blind Guardian and touring in general, who is the most interesting person you have met?

Good question, I would pick Ronnie James Dio and Tony Iommi, Dio has always been my fave singer and Iommi was my biggest influence when I started to play guitar, so it was pretty special to meet them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sammy_k
Mar 7 2008, 07:16 PM
Welcome Marcus smile.gif I watched your first lesson and I really like the exercises in there. Think I'll put at least one of them in my warming up routine. I hope you enjoy the teaching and the learning yourself and that you'll make lessons suitable for beginner and intermediate level guitarist too wink.gif I love your rhythm parts on BG records and I think I can learn alot from lessons that tackle the basic techniques (and beyond tongue.gif)

Have a nice stay/day!

This post has been edited by sammy_k: Mar 7 2008, 07:17 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 7 2008, 10:35 PM
Instructor
Hello Marcus! Welcome to GMC! I'm very glad that you are doing lessons here. I still remember when I listened "Imaginations... for the first time in my walkman and it blow my mind. It would be awesome if you do lessons telling how do you work at the studio and also how you work your guitar arrangements and duets.
I saw Blind Guardian in Argentina during the "Nightfall in the midle-earth" tour and I was surprised of the presicion of the whole band.

It's a pleassure to have you here. smile.gif

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:11 AM