6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Angry Paprikas, Ivan's and Bogdan's band :)
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 6 2008, 01:12 AM
Instructor
Hey guys and welcome to the topic about our band. As you know, Bogdan and I are instructors here at GMC and it is our pleasure to present to you our band called Ljute Papricice or in the ruff translation: Angry Paprikas

Our Logo:

Band Members:
Milorad Vujicic - vocals

Milenkovic Ivan - guitar, back vocals

Bogdan Radovic - Bass guitar - back vocals

Ivan Milovic - drums

We play mostly rock and funk music, but we also like the play other musical genres as well, like hard rock, blues, jazz, even rockabilly. All this music came from our influences. Here's a short biography:

The beginning:

Band was formed in 2003. We played under different name them. There were keyboards in the band, and we had a woman vocal too. It was the year in which we mainly did high school gigs.

Further happenings:
- Change of the band name: in 2004, the band has defined its profile and changed its name to
"Angry Paprikas". We have had turned to a 4 member band (without keys), mans vocal and funk\rock music.
- Demo contest: Our very well known urban music local radio station (Radio 202) held a traditional contest in promoting young demo bands. We applied for a demo tribute bands contest and made our appearance as a Red Hot Chilli Peppers cover band. We won first prize and our seven songs found its place on a Tribute Masters Tournament 202 CD, under the "Active Time" label.
- Next, follows a number of our appearances on concerts throughout Serbia with radio 202 as live shows, as a promotion of the CD.

2005 activity:
- During 2005 there were a lot of gigging.. We played in all bigger and a number of small towns in our country, over 40 gigs, lots od Motorcycle gatherings, lots of good fun...
- Multiple shows in Belgrade clubs: Many times in Philosoph, Student Cultural Center, Home of Youth, humanitary gigs, and numerous small clubs.
- Belgrade Beerfest: August 2005. we played on Beerfest festival in Belgrade Calemegdan fortress, in front of several thousands. Great audience and a great performance it was. We played some author songs and Red Hot Chili Peppers covers.

Beginning of serious author work:
We started to get serious with our songs and work, playing mostly music in funk rock style, and lyrics on serbian language. We recorder several author songs in Studio 6 of our national Radio (Radio Belgrade) and preparing for music video shooting.

Further work:
- Beerfest again: Another great show in Belgrade in 2006.
- Humber of gigs and lots of good music and
- Author work again

[Victory....thank you audience!:
Every year (traditionaly) for 40 years in the city of Zajecar in Serbia there is a big contest of bands and a great live show, called "Gitarijada". Besides number of our most famous bands, demo bands are competing for the grand prize and that is recording of album and a music video which they get for free. Well we didn't win the grand prize (picked by the judges), but we did win the audience prize. The audience has picked us as the winners, and we think that prize is much sweeter than the first one smile.gif
- Next comes number of appearances on TV and radio shows, both in Belgrade and Zajecar.

Here are some pics during that period:

2007:
- We were working, doing solo gigs, preparing author songs, and traveling with our radio 202 across Serbia. We finally managed to earn enough money for our first album in late spring.
- During June and July we record our first album in Belgrade Studio "Casablanca" with Dragan Stojanovic Dadi as our producer.

2007-2008
- Appearance in a movie: Movie "The close ones" ( haha, I don't think this is the right translation but it is like 1.21AM and I really dont think straight anymore. anyway the title on Serbian iz "Bliznji", so... Bole can edit this...smile.gif
Here's a picture form a set, with the make-up and all.. laugh.gif

-We are making our way slowly but firmly on the scene. Soon our album should be released, and we out currently doing solo gigs in our hometown and other towns too. We are playing with Radio 202 off course and finaly preparing to start with the making of our first music video smile.gif

We are very grateful for all the support and help and remain faithfull to Radio Belgrade 202, to Olga Kepdzija, and Vladimir Jankovic Jet.

Okay here are the links to our official website and myspace:

Official Website of Angry Paprikas
MySpace of Angry Paprikas

Please forgive us because everything is (still) in Serbian language - soon we will post english version for sure. smile.gif

Some more pics..: smile.gif

here we have a truck from one movie filmed in serbia: Gray Truck of red color I think it is called... smile.gif

So this is it! If you have any questions, fell free to ask smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SamJ
Jan 6 2008, 01:33 AM
GMC:er
Awesome! Cool, thanks for the info!

biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 6 2008, 03:29 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I didn't know you two were in a band, thanks for the info! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 6 2008, 02:26 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
ehehhe thanks Ivan for opening this thread...Here are some of live recording of us playing our songs for a show on national tv..

Hej Fanki (Hey Funky) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtPlTlJusBo

Veliki Grad (Big City) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlBTfFwPXhM

wink.gif

Cheers wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jan 6 2008, 02:39 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 6 2008, 02:29 AM) *
I didn't know you two were in a band, thanks for the info! smile.gif

me neither, this is cool - thanks!

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 7 2008, 03:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Ivan like the info on your band.

Talented group smile.gif

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 7 2008, 04:28 PM
Instructor
Thanks man smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Jan 9 2008, 01:27 PM
Instructor
Increbible Band and you, incredibles guys!!
Thank for the info and links!!!!

Attached Image

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 9 2008, 03:14 PM
Instructor
Thanks man smile.gif Nice thing to say smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 10 2008, 09:18 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Here is a treat , video of our band playing cover of the RHCP's Give it away wink.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=252pwrHnT0w

cool.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Davidian
Jan 10 2008, 09:41 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
One day, when you guys get as big as RHCP, we can say we took lessons from the band members of the Angry Paprikas! How cool is that ! laugh.gif

No, really great band! I wish all the luck lots of fun playing your music !

-grtz Davidian

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 10 2008, 09:48 PM
Instructor
Awesome presentation man. I love how you told the band's story, very interesting!
Good luck guys, I really like what you do!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Jan 10 2008, 10:21 PM
Fantastic guys smile.gif I really love your honest music and your style man cool.gif

Twibeard

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 11 2008, 12:08 AM
Instructor
Thanks for support guys smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gus
Jun 19 2008, 11:42 PM
That's really cool! cool.gif

I specially enjoy the rhythmic work you guys do on guitar and bass...

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
superize
Jun 19 2008, 11:47 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Cool band you got their Ivan and Bogdan.....Angry Paprikas what a name laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 20 2008, 05:30 AM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Jan 6 2008, 02:12 AM) *
. The audience has picked us as the winners, and we think that prize is much sweeter than the first one smile.gif

I beg the difference laugh.gif tongue.gif
Just kidding,you deserve to win there as much as any band in that finals.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 20 2008, 05:59 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Awesome smile.gif

Very nice read smile.gif

Bliznji means "the others" I believe, or am I wrong? smile.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 20 2008, 06:03 AM
I thought, excellent name, better check out this band.

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 20 2008, 06:11 AM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jun 20 2008, 06:59 AM) *
Awesome smile.gif

Very nice read smile.gif

Bliznji means "the others" I believe, or am I wrong? smile.gif

Well "Bliznji" mens some thing like the "one close to you".It is very hard to translate smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:10 PM