2 Pages V   1 2 >  
My Masterpeice, never look away
jstcrsn
Jul 1 2011, 03:31 AM
Learning Tone Master
Attached File  03_Track_3.wma ( 3.01MB ) Number of downloads: 611
this is from a band I was in and we recorded this in 2000, you know when you had to go to a studio to record
anyway ,I wrote the music along with all the time signitures
this is also a response to Gabe's thread on how you write a solo
I started out with the same hook as the song- this works best if you use the strongest part of the song( and I thought it was this groove)
then I vamped with a little peddle tone and ended with a short arppegio in the key of the song ,to me,short sweet and simple

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gary
Jul 1 2011, 04:07 AM
GMC:er
I liked it.. cool heavy sound and the switching time made it interesting.

On another note..I guess you know you are getting old when you talk about 2000 as the old days.. my god to me it seems like that was last week laugh.gif

Cheers!
Gary

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jul 1 2011, 04:22 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wow man, this is a great track, really digging it biggrin.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 1 2011, 04:28 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gary @ Jul 1 2011, 04:07 AM) *
I liked it.. cool heavy sound and the switching time made it interesting.

On another note..I guess you know you are getting old when you talk about 2000 as the old days.. my god to me it seems like that was last week laugh.gif

Cheers!
Gary

Thanks , How is good ol Cali, I was born in Apple Valley and graduated in Rancho Cucamunga ,and now I am stuck in Kansas,man I miss the beach!

+Quote Post
zen
Jul 1 2011, 04:29 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Very nice smile.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 1 2011, 04:30 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jul 1 2011, 04:22 AM) *
Wow man, this is a great track, really digging it biggrin.gif

Thanks , have you heard any of the other tracks I've downloaded

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jul 1 2011, 04:34 AM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jun 30 2011, 11:30 PM) *
Thanks , have you heard any of the other tracks I've downloaded

No I haven't, are they posted on your profile page?

--------------------

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

+Quote Post
Gary
Jul 1 2011, 04:49 AM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 1 2011, 04:28 AM) *
Thanks , How is good ol Cali, I was born in Apple Valley and graduated in Rancho Cucamunga ,and now I am stuck in Kansas,man I miss the beach!

The weather is great.. the polictical climate..ehhhhhh dry.gif

I live north of the San Fernando Valley.. last weekend I took the family up north to Santa Barbara and hung out on the beach for the day (about 40 min from our house). That place is heaven.. just beautiful, and that is why it costs $$$ to live there.

Cheers
Gary

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 1 2011, 06:06 AM
Instructor
Wou man! This track is really cool! I like the riffing, the voice and the composition! Well done! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 1 2011, 05:15 PM
voice reminds me of james hetfield in the beginning.
really really wel done.

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jul 1 2011, 08:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
Awesome song smile.gif Just added this one to GMC Radio smile.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 1 2011, 08:49 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jun 30 2011, 09:31 PM) *
Attached File  03_Track_3.wma ( 3.01MB ) Number of downloads: 611
this is from a band I was in and we recorded this in 2000, you know when you had to go to a studio to record
anyway ,I wrote the music along with all the time signitures
this is also a response to Gabe's thread on how you write a solo
I started out with the same hook as the song- this works best if you use the strongest part of the song( and I thought it was this groove)
then I vamped with a little peddle tone and ended with a short arppegio in the key of the song ,to me,short sweet and simple

Really well produced and really well written! It's got real GROOVE to it. Kinda nasty and dirty in a very good way. Vocalist is good too which is a wonderful thing and somewhat rare among demo work. Finding a good vocalist is just plain hard usually.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 1 2011, 10:20 PM
Instructor
very nice!! I really like it

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 2 2011, 12:23 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jul 1 2011, 08:03 PM) *
Awesome song smile.gif Just added this one to GMC Radio smile.gif

Dogukan,

Thanks everyone for your kind words
here is another one that I found in my profile that you can add as well
You make me fly
[attachment=24003:08_Track_8.wma]

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jul 2 2011, 02:10 AM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 1 2011, 07:23 PM) *
Thanks everyone for your kind words
here is another one that I found in my profile that you can add as well
You make me fly
[attachment=24003:08_Track_8.wma]

Dude, this stuff is fantastic! Got any more? biggrin.gif

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 2 2011, 02:23 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jul 2 2011, 02:10 AM) *
Dude, this stuff is fantastic! Got any more? biggrin.gif

I got plenty
let me see if I can find my first cd , it is more old school metal and it was our first attempt but I think it is still preety good
but in the meantime
this is a three part song called day 41
1.watching the sky
2. the storm
3.a new day
Attached File  12_Track_12.wma ( 5.49MB ) Number of downloads: 286

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 2 2011, 08:12 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey man these are some very good songs! I like the groove and vocals.
Keep writing stuff like this! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jul 3 2011, 04:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
More great songs! smile.gif Nice work man smile.gif I added the others to the GMC Radio aswell smile.gif

Keep them coming smile.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 9 2011, 10:55 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Sorry abut the delay in commenting jstcrsn.

I've had a quick listen to day 41 and assuming this is pretty much representative...

Nice composition and some good musicianship. Have to say that I particularly like the vocals, they work particulaly well for the track cool.gif .

Anyway some comments/opinions on the mix itself as per your request...

I had to convert your file to a 24 bit wave as sadie didn't like it as a wma. Some of my comments may be down to the use of wma rather than the original.

1/ The mix sounds like it's been hard limited to me and so dynamically is a little flat in some sections.

2/ There seems to be some distortion despite this, for instance in the 2:40-3:10 section. (May be due to the wma encoding.)

3/ To me there is too much low and sub bass and I would have suggested that the track would benefit from pass filtering @50 Hz at something like 12dB per octave.

4/ Kick drum and bass guitar are fighting each other a bit and so both these need some eq adjustment.

5/ I think the track needs attention in the low mid as overall it lacks definition and clarity.

6/ I also think it needs looking at in the high mid to add some air and sparkle.

7/ Levels - I'd have suggested that the vocals need to be much more forward as to me it sits to far back. I'd also take the drums down as a group but look at the cymbals as they're a little lost to me. To me there is pumping throughout so I'd have looked at the limiter. Also the compression on the drums could use some looking at - to me it tends to lack punch and energy and sounds a bit flat.

8/Noise - I can hear what is probably amp noise in some sections and that could have been gated out. There was also some cycling or phasing noise in at least one section on the rhythym guitar - may have been due to micing.

9/Outro - birds are a bit high in level imo. There is some odd low level background noise behind the birds. The track fade out cuts the end of the outro.

None of the above is particularly bad, and ime these issues tend to be true of most mixes (particularly the eq'ing of the low/sub bass and the low mid regions). Overall the mix is ok but could have been improved upon. Hope that helps smile.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 9 2011, 04:57 PM
Learning Roadie
It's amazing what you hear, Tony Pro! smile.gif

Great song, man! I'm putting this on my iPod. Good message!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:42 PM