4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
**Valley Soldiers**, Uploads
stratman33
Jan 7 2008, 09:16 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Jan 6 2008, 06:05 PM) *
Well, since joining GMC, I have learned that being in time is the most important thing you can do as a player. No matter how slow it is, it needs to be in time. Try playing with this drum track for the first half of your little song. Try to keep it in time. The second half needs to be with a totally different sound so just worry about the first half for now.

USE the 110 drums above

ok when you say use the 110 drums you mean the 110 simple beat right?

EDIT:and since im a complete noob to recording, how do i upload me playing over the drum track all together?i cant seen to figure that out...:huh:or leedbreak is it possible for you to just mix my playing in with the drums?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by stratman33: Jan 7 2008, 09:29 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 8 2008, 12:31 AM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Jan 7 2008, 02:16 PM) *
leedbreak is it possible for you to just mix my playing in with the drums?

Well, not really. The problem is, lets say you are playing at 118PBM and I try to get it to mix with 110 I would have to slow your recording down which would make your recording Flat or out of tune. You do not have to record the drums with your recording just let it be playing in the room with you when you do record. The drums do not have to be on the track with your recording, you are just using it for timing, as a metronome.

If nothing else, this endeavor will surly be a learning experience for us all, and that's a good thing. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 8 2008, 02:09 AM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Jan 7 2008, 06:31 PM) *
Well, not really. The problem is, lets say you are playing at 118PBM and I try to get it to mix with 110 I would have to slow your recording down which would make your recording Flat or out of tune. You do not have to record the drums with your recording just let it be playing in the room with you when you do record. The drums do not have to be on the track with your recording, you are just using it for timing, as a metronome.

If nothing else, this endeavor will surly be a learning experience for us all, and that's a good thing. wink.gif

gotcha wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 8 2008, 03:48 PM
Post 3, Direction Decided

Updated: 1/8/08

I do feel we need to move forward in the direction headed. So try to stay in the tempo and key/chords crazyfret used. We still need a couple more related rhythms with maybe a little distortion.

What we write from this point forward will need to sound good over some part of the Maelstrom.mp3 already upload. It is the backbone of the song.

Be sure to listen to the whole Maelstrom.mp3 it does change. The stuff we write may end up not mix over the Maelstrom.mp3 in the final mix. But playing over it creates one heck of a great environment to write.

Remember however, that all ideas will be considered for this or maybe a future song so if you write a really cool riff, keep up with it. It will likely get used.

Official tempo is 110

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 8 2008, 10:00 PM
ok leedbreak heres a little rythm that goes along with maelstrom...its very basic and not that good but if you will use it, tell me how long it should be and how i could change it for the better smile.gif

EDIT:im sorry for the horrible sound quality, im recording just by playing and my computer picks up the sound, i dont have any real recording gear like a POD or something, and im not going to buy any for a while because im saving for a new guitar(but that will at least help make my playing sound much better, because im currently playing on an epi LP junior dry.gif

Attached File  maelstrom_rythm.wav ( 2.42MB ) Number of downloads: 204

This post has been edited by stratman33: Jan 8 2008, 10:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 9 2008, 12:07 AM
ok i know this is very soon after my last post, but i was fiddling around and played something cool, so i decided to upload it for future use(would make a good intro to a song).first time playing it, so ill make it better if we decide to use it wink.gif

EDIT:i screwed up a couple times near the end, pretty sure you can figure out the exact spot wink.gif

Attached File  intro.wav ( 5.93MB ) Number of downloads: 212

This post has been edited by stratman33: Jan 11 2008, 09:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 9 2008, 01:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Hiya Stratman33

I like the intro you played I think there is potential there to expand it into a song. smile.gif

Can you let us know what chords / riff you are playing. I'll see if we can get something down with a backing.

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 9 2008, 08:56 PM
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Jan 9 2008, 07:24 AM) *
Hiya Stratman33

I like the intro you played I think there is potential there to expand it into a song. smile.gif

Can you let us know what chords / riff you are playing. I'll see if we can get something down with a backing.

it is a power chord played around the middle of the neck.the fingerpicking part is 7th fret A string and 9th fret D string and the chords are the same shape, but it's moved around the neck. i didnt tab it out so next time i play it will probably be different..glad you liked it smile.gif

This post has been edited by stratman33: Jan 9 2008, 09:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Arrival
Jan 10 2008, 07:07 AM
Hey guys, sorry I still haven't gotten anything posted. I have some stuff brewing and I think what I'll do next is go over Maelstrom and lay down a few licks in beat and separate them so they are more like little sample clips that leedbreak can then insert wherever he feels is cool. It'll give a sort of black album Metallica feel I hope.

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 10 2008, 04:18 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Arrival @ Jan 10 2008, 06:07 AM) *
Hey guys, sorry I still haven't gotten anything posted. I have some stuff brewing and I think what I'll do next is go over Maelstrom and lay down a few licks in beat and separate them so they are more like little sample clips that leedbreak can then insert wherever he feels is cool. It'll give a sort of black album Metallica feel I hope.

Hey thats sounds promising smile.gif

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 11 2008, 04:04 PM
QUOTE (Arrival @ Jan 10 2008, 12:07 AM) *

Yes, sounds great. smile.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 13 2008, 12:26 AM
Hey guys, i came up with a simple, distorted and kinda catchy riff at the part where the main progression changes. Its starts around 1:10. Check it out and tell me what you think about it, its really simple but i got alot of ideas to add to it, im just thinking which idea would fit best.

I also recorded a solo/lead just after riff, it ends around 2:05. The solo is in the key of D minor so tell me what you think about it, if i should delete it, change it, change the key, etc.

Also, the chords i used are really simple, its a D5 Powerchord and C5 Powerchord sliding between themselves and using Palm muting on the low E string:

D5 Powerchord:

E|-----------
B|-----------
G|----------
D|----7-----
A|----5-----
E|-----------

C5 Powerchord:

E|-----------
B|-----------
G|----------
D|----5-----
A|----3-----
E|-----------

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jan 13 2008, 12:33 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  MaelstromFretdancer.mp3 ( 2.55MB ) Number of downloads: 269

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 14 2008, 02:26 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jan 12 2008, 05:26 PM) *
Hey guys, i came up with a simple, distorted and kinda catchy riff at the part where the main progression changes. Its starts around 1:10. Check it out and tell me what you think about it, its really simple but i got alot of ideas to add to it, im just thinking which idea would fit best.

I also recorded a solo/lead just after riff, it ends around 2:05. The solo is in the key of D minor so tell me what you think about it, if i should delete it, change it, change the key, etc.

Also, the chords i used are really simple, its a D5 Powerchord and C5 Powerchord sliding between themselves and using Palm muting on the low E string:

D5 Powerchord:

E|-----------
B|-----------
G|----------
D|----7-----
A|----5-----
E|-----------

C5 Powerchord:

E|-----------
B|-----------
G|----------
D|----5-----
A|----3-----
E|-----------

Not bad at all. wink.gif

can you remove the backing, so it is just you?

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 14 2008, 05:00 AM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Jan 13 2008, 07:26 PM) *
Not bad at all. wink.gif

can you remove the backing, so it is just you?

damn, i dont think i can unless i record it again. Ill do it tomorrow smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 15 2008, 05:17 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey guys this song is gonna sound great smile.gif . Keep up the good work

I was wondering about bass guitar to fill the sound out a bit. I don't have a bass wondering who can do it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 15 2008, 09:57 PM
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Jan 15 2008, 10:17 AM) *

I was wondering about bass guitar to fill the sound out a bit. I don't have a bass wondering who can do it.

i dont have a bass either sad.gif, also, i wont be able to participate until Thursday next week, i got 3 huge ugly exams next week and i gotta start studying sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 15 2008, 11:03 PM
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Jan 15 2008, 10:17 AM) *

I can create a bass track but it will be very basic. But we will see how it goes. wink.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 17 2008, 05:11 PM
Sorry I have been too busy to make any big additions to our project. Truth be known, I am totally infatuated with a couple of GMC lessons and I just can’t seem to stop practicing them. cool.gif I will add more this weekend. This file is with some midi bass added, not to good but I can make the bass as a wave file next and it might be good enough. I did this at work so there maybe too much bass when heard through good speakers. Slow steps but we are going to do this, I promise. wink.gif

This file is each maelstrom_rythm in a shorter version.

Parts 1, 2, 3, 1

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Jan 17 2008, 05:13 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Maelstrom3_Wbass.mp3 ( 445K ) Number of downloads: 198

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 17 2008, 05:19 PM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Jan 17 2008, 11:11 AM) *
Sorry I have been too busy to make any big additions to our project. Truth be known, I am totally infatuated with a couple of GMC lessons and I just can’t seem to stop practicing them. cool.gif I will add more this weekend. This file is with some midi bass added, not to good but I can make the bass as a wave file next and it might be good enough. I did this at work so there maybe too much bass when heard through good speakers. Slow steps but we are going to do this, I promise. wink.gif

This file is each maelstrom_rythm in a shorter version.

Parts 1, 2, 3, 1

sounds good man!

--------------------

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 22 2008, 06:31 PM
ok guys...i got a snow day today so no school(yesssssss)so i thought with my spare time i would make up a little something for our next song possibly.so here is just a little thing i made for a possible intro for a new song.

It basically is an arpeggio(not a sweeping one) in the shape of a C chord, but just on string D A and E.the end part is the same chord shape just strummed instead of picked.

Constructive critisism will be gladly accepted smile.gif

Attached File  work_in_progress.wav ( 4.39MB ) Number of downloads: 182

This post has been edited by stratman33: Jan 22 2008, 06:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:20 AM