My New Compact Studio
MickeM
Jul 31 2009, 09:30 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I used to have all gear stashed in a walk-in closet and my computer, sound interface and speakers outside on a desk.
It used to be very messy and troublesome to get things set up and I hope my new compact studio will work my way biggrin.gif
It's in the living room so I have a TV, the family and close to the fridge instead of being isolated upstairs laugh.gif

At the bottom, a Blackstar 5W head and the matching 1x10 cab. Next shelf, laptop. Above that a small MIDI keyboard and next is a Line6 Pod X3 and above the soundinterface there's a shelf with three external disks, one Weber attenuator and behind those the power cords to all stuff.

Above that is free space, just put some stuff there for now. The guitar hanger is just a board I dressed with a nice veneer

I'm only missing a couple small monitors now, have looked at M-Audio StudioPro3 which seem to fit inside.

I'm happy to have everything in one place. Bad news is it rendered my Peavey Classic 30,a 4x12 cab and Vox Ac4TV useless sad.gif

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 31 2009, 09:39 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
You are a genius!!! ohmy.gif

That's just great, and I might steal that idea once we move out into a new apartment biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 31 2009, 09:53 PM
Instructor
awesome man!!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 31 2009, 10:33 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Nice job Micke, everything looks so tidy & ready to rock in there, I like the guitars hanging too, makes you want to grab them wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 31 2009, 10:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
That... Is... Awesome!! So compact, subtle and convenient!

How does it look with the doors closed? If someone walked into the room, could they see anything other then a chair creepily facing a closet?

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 31 2009, 11:10 PM
QUOTE (Canis @ Jul 31 2009, 11:38 PM) *
That... Is... Awesome!! So compact, subtle and convenient!

How does it look with the doors closed? If someone walked into the room, could they see anything other then a chair creepily facing a closet?

Thanks Canis and the rest of you guys!

Looks like a mental institution - Please be seated in the chair and stare into the white cabinet blink.gif

Looks alright I think.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 31 2009, 11:19 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Haha, that looks awesome biggrin.gif
Who'd have guessed there's a studio in there!?

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 31 2009, 11:31 PM
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Aug 1 2009, 12:19 AM) *
Haha, that looks awesome biggrin.gif
Who'd have guessed there's a studio in there!?

I could only wish that when I open the doors it folded out and filled the entire room with gear biggrin.gif

The compromise is that one will have to settle for a small keyboard and quite a small amp, if I had put the small Vox in there I suppose I could even soundproof the bottom part. Maybe.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 31 2009, 11:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
My amp is actually in the closet, though it's in the hall, covered, because I didn't want the guy I rent the apartment from to know I am playing guitar tongue.gif. I only play at my computer and not loud though.

I geuss the closet would suit a similar objective as yours does, but it's just not practical to have such in the entrance of the apartment.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 1 2009, 12:20 AM
Instructor
Man that stuff is packed tight! biggrin.gif Really smart thing to do and it looks pretty slick. Good work smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 1 2009, 01:42 AM
Instructor
Killer job MickeM, great idea! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Aug 1 2009, 02:39 AM
Learning Tone Master
That was cool, well done smile.gif

+Quote Post
sted
Aug 1 2009, 08:02 AM
Learning Rock Star
I was thinking "Hmmm, good use of space, stylish, clean and modern, where have I seen this before???" Then I remembered you were from Sweden, the birthplace of IKEA!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 1 2009, 10:35 AM
QUOTE (sted @ Aug 1 2009, 09:02 AM) *
I was thinking "Hmmm, good use of space, stylish, clean and modern, where have I seen this before???" Then I remembered you were from Sweden, the birthplace of IKEA!! laugh.gif

laugh.gif so true it's from IKEA, we packed 7 of these side by side covering a full wall, 4,19 m wide. Concidering the closets are 4,20 in total that's a good job imo biggrin.gif ...actually 4 mm were missing so the wall had to suffer a bit, I just had to get them all in.
When it was time for my own compact studio I was so sick and tired of building more of these laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 1 2009, 02:14 PM
Instructor
Looks like a cool fancy studio rack man. Perhaps installing wheels would make it mobile! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 1 2009, 02:26 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Looks good Micke, nice job! Wish I could get more organized like that.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 1 2009, 02:54 PM
GMC:er
What a great solution!!!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Aug 1 2009, 10:37 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Haha nicely done man!

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:56 PM