2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Hello , Beginner In Ohio,, Bossa nova Salsa Spanish Guitar
Emir Hot
Sep 21 2009, 01:30 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Sep 21 2009, 10:44 AM
Instructor
Welcome!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 21 2009, 05:09 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Welcome back to guitar and GMC sabryan. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gus
Sep 22 2009, 03:56 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (sabryan @ Sep 18 2009, 11:32 PM) *
I am doing it by ear and visuals, I am having the most difficult time learning the tempo in the Bossa Nova lessons, my timing is off and it does not sound right, and I am determined to get it, I hope this does not make me go back into retirement once again.

Awesome site, this is heaven for any Intermediate level quitarist

Hi Sabryan. Welcome to GMC. It is indeed heaven for someone looking for improvement smile.gif And you will also see that the forum is full of people willing to help, so it is not only about the lessons.

Well, I am a brazilian, and maybe the bossa nova is just in my blood tongue.gif . I usually don't even think about it but I will try to help you.
The most important thing in bossa rhythm is that the bass (thumb) is marking the tempo.
If you take a look at the beginning of this sheet you will see that the bass is played on every beat
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/bossa_...amba_rhythms_2/
Also note that on the start of every bar, he is playing all notes at once.
Then, the other 3 fingers are played on the offbeat, except on the start of the bar.
Practice with a metronome very slowly and you should be able to figure it out wink.gif

I hope that helps a little.

This post has been edited by Gus: Sep 22 2009, 04:06 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:44 PM