Recording Videos, No Backing Sound
Boson
Feb 8 2009, 09:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wonder if anyone can help.

I want to record some video clips of me playing along to GMC lesson backing tracks.

I use a simple webcam and a Toneport UX2.

The clips I have tried so far include my guitar loud and clear but do not record the backing track at all.

I can get an mp3 bt and my guitar both to record but not those from the GMC lessons?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. It must be possible as other GMC ers appear to have done it.

Thanks wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 8 2009, 10:05 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Easiest way and with best quality would be to ask the instructor for a copy of the BT. Most will be more than happy to send the file to you. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
berko
Feb 8 2009, 10:08 PM
GMC:er
You can get BT's for GMC lessons if you ask the owner instructor to provide one. You will only need this if you separately record audio and video. If you do so, you should sync the two afterward and you get the best quality you can.

If you don't want to do this, then you can record with your camera's mic. To hear both lead and BT equally, you can play through the toneport so that you hear what you play through computer speakers. Stereo speaker positioned correctly at both side of your camera's mic should result in good sound quality. Then it only depends on the mic of the camera.

You seem to have tried to second option so far but with the BT from the pc speakers and guitar sound from an amp. With the toneport+ recording software and e.g Sony Vegas (for windows) you can sync the two. Export your take (with BT) from the recording software (e.g Reaper - there is a free demo available on their site) and import to the video editing program. Then finally export the synced vid in mpeg or avi - then off to Youtube cool.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 9 2009, 01:01 AM
Instructor
You must get the backing track on your computer, import it into project in DAW, press play and record on top of that your playing. In the same time record the video. Then use Movie maker to combine the video and audio from DAW.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 9 2009, 01:39 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
For good quality recordings I would recommend asking the instructors for the backing track and using your multitrack recording software (Reaper) capture your playing against it...Record the video at the same time and then using a video editing software (Vegas, Movie Maker) sync the video and audio tracks together...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Boson
Feb 9 2009, 07:41 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Feb 9 2009, 02:39 AM) *
For good quality recordings I would recommend asking the instructors for the backing track and using your multitrack recording software (Reaper) capture your playing against it...Record the video at the same time and then using a video editing software (Vegas, Movie Maker) sync the video and audio tracks together...

Thanks Bogdan.

I agree that this is the best approach and this works fine for me. However the backing tracks I wanted at the moment dont seem to be available.

Does anyone know why the BT is not available as an mp3 download within the lessons. Surely it is possible to make this available only to paid up members in the same way as the lesson videos.

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Feb 10 2009, 01:09 AM
Jazz Instructor
You need to create new project where you will import track and combine it with your solo.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 11 2009, 01:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Boson @ Feb 9 2009, 07:41 AM) *
I agree that this is the best approach and this works fine for me. However the backing tracks I wanted at the moment dont seem to be available.

Does anyone know why the BT is not available as an mp3 download within the lessons. Surely it is possible to make this available only to paid up members in the same way as the lesson videos.

What track in specific do you need?

Backing tracks are not available for download because of the GMC copyrights and because it is best to keep to tracks with the lesson online. If someone could download them all it could easily be missused.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 04:26 AM