Suggestions For 5-string Bass
Huargo
May 2 2015, 02:44 PM
Tone Seeker
Hi I'm looking for a 5-string bass to record.
I have a max of 500€ for a a second hand one. Rather not spend much money.....
What should I expect for that price?.
Any idea? I'm just starting to see specs and i'm totally confused.
Any brand like cort, ltd, washburn ate better in that range?
Thanks guys!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 2 2015, 02:55 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I would check out Peavey basses, more particularly Grind bass and Millenium models with active electronics. They should be very nice instruments for recording and should fit your budget as new so they should be affordable as used.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Huargo
May 2 2015, 03:05 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 2 2015, 01:55 PM) *
I would check out Peavey basses, more particularly Grind bass and Millenium models with active electronics. They should be very nice instruments for recording and should fit your budget as new so they should be affordable as used.

Thanks!
One cuestión Bogdan. I like the sound of the alder, ash, basswood ,in the guitars... Maybe a mahogamy bass could contrast in the mix? .
Thanks again

The peavy grind looks amazing!

This post has been edited by Huargo: May 2 2015, 03:15 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 4 2015, 03:29 PM
GMC:er
The GRIND is a very spiff bass indeed smile.gif I"d also throw in (shocker) the IBANEZ SR line. Active EQ, very comfy neck, etc. Around $450

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SR375BBS

Attached Image

QUOTE (Huargo @ May 2 2015, 10:05 AM) *
Thanks!
One cuestión Bogdan. I like the sound of the alder, ash, basswood ,in the guitars... Maybe a mahogamy bass could contrast in the mix? .
Thanks again

+Quote Post
Huargo
May 5 2015, 05:46 AM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 4 2015, 02:29 PM) *
The GRIND is a very spiff bass indeed smile.gif I"d also throw in (shocker) the IBANEZ SR line. Active EQ, very comfy neck, etc. Around $450

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SR375BBS

Attached Image

Thanks Todd!
It's easy to find second hand Ibánez bass here in spain... The peavey it's more difficult.Not in the stores, not in the second hand merch....

This post has been edited by Huargo: May 5 2015, 05:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 5 2015, 10:39 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Huargo @ May 2 2015, 04:05 PM) *
Thanks!
Thanks again

That is an interesting question about the bass wood. I'm not really an expert on how much it affects tone but I heard that with basses that have active electronics, the actual wood has a bit less impact on the tone in relation to passive electronics basses. If I'm not mistaken my Peavey Cirrus bass has mahogany wood body and I really like it because it is light.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 6 2015, 02:26 AM
GMC:er
Happy to help smile.gif That's one of the handy things about getting an IBBY! They are pretty much everywhere smile.gif Also, they are pretty easy to move if you decide to eventually sell.

QUOTE (Huargo @ May 5 2015, 12:46 AM) *
Thanks Todd!
It's easy to find second hand Ibánez bass here in spain... The peavey it's more difficult.Not in the stores, not in the second hand merch....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 11:35 AM