Vox Ad100vt Sound Problems, I'm gutted.... Please help me!!!
Jordan C
Feb 1 2008, 08:39 PM
GMC:er
Oh I'm so upset...

I bought an amp secondhand... I played on it and tested it and it all sounded great... cos it is great for my price range... the Vox AD100VT...

I bring it home with a receipt "SOLD AS SEEN & HEARD" written on it...

I plug it in all happy, I play for about ten minutes and then all of a sudden it loses sound... goes crackly and quiet...

Play about with volume control etc nothing...

push and pull pots to make sure there's nowt blocking...

can't get it working... faint farty sounds at best...

Call round friend who is quite knowledgeable in these areas but by no means an expert.

He takes the amp apart and inspects all cable connections, we swap the valve, we try my other guitar and nothing seems obvious as being wrong other than it is now blatantly the amp and not the guitar I bought with it...

Inspection of the circuit board revelas a clutching at starws chance it may be a dry joint so he gets his soldering iron and "resets" the joints on suspicious looking ones.

No result.

Now here's the weird thing, if you push the unit holding the circuitry against the cab then it more often than not works but then you let go and it stops working...

SO we gave up and screwed everything back in position firmly. But tonight I didnt want to give up so plugged amp in willing it to work... it didn't so in frustration I kind of half slapped/half punched near the power switch on the cab and it started to work and continued to do so for about ten mins then stopped.

As with every "solution" we've thought we found the problem and solution but the next time it works it works for a different reason, like now I pressed down near the model selector and it started to work momentarily then farted out of use again.

I'm at my wits end, I can't get my money back and I've been saving for a while for this so I don't want my money to be wasted.... I can't get hold of person I bought it from and if I can't get it sorted and fixed I'm screwed and seriously out of pocket....

Please help, espesh if you ahppen to be near Cambridge UK

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:00 AM