> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Hajduk's Musical Forest
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 15 2013, 12:36 PM
Instructor
Howdy mate! This is your personal thread and we will use it for the stuff we decided upon in your development smile.gif

- technique: Alternate picking, Legato, Bending, Vibrato
- theory: understanding the basics
- applying the techniques and theoretical notions into contexts - learning and recording GMC lessons as perfectly as possible which combine these aspects

For starting out - how much time can you dedicate to playing each day?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Mar 15 2013, 01:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 15 2013, 11:36 AM) *
Howdy mate! This is your personal thread and we will use it for the stuff we decided upon in your development smile.gif

- technique: Alternate picking, Legato, Bending, Vibrato
- theory: understanding the basics
- applying the techniques and theoretical notions into contexts - learning and recording GMC lessons as perfectly as possible which combine these aspects

For starting out - how much time can you dedicate to playing each day? The minimum I practice is 1 hour a day and up to 5 hrs a day, the average is 2.5 hrs.
Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 16 2013, 02:22 PM
Instructor
Alright smile.gif Well, what do you say if we start out with a few lessons based on what we have discussed earlier and we'll take it from there and see how it works?

Legato and picking combined: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...g_intermediate/

Please take a look over this lesson and tell me if you understand the theoretical base behind it smile.gif It is an interesting way of looking at the shapes of the modes in the G major scale. Btw, I don't know what your current theoretical level is, so if this feels new to you, I will come up with a quick video to explain everything smile.gif It's fun and easy wink.gif

What say you mate?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Mar 17 2013, 02:37 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 16 2013, 01:22 PM) *
Alright smile.gif Well, what do you say if we start out with a few lessons based on what we have discussed earlier and we'll take it from there and see how it works?

Legato and picking combined: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...g_intermediate/

Please take a look over this lesson and tell me if you understand the theoretical base behind it smile.gif It is an interesting way of looking at the shapes of the modes in the G major scale. Btw, I don't know what your current theoretical level is, so if this feels new to you, I will come up with a quick video to explain everything smile.gif It's fun and easy wink.gif

What say you mate? Sounds awesome Cosmin. Will work on it tomorrow and seriously just wanted to say Thank you again that is just another reason why you guys are the best to take time out like this and thats why I will stay a member.

Cosmin

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 17 2013, 11:49 AM
Instructor
Hey mate, the pleasure is all mine!

Let me know if there are questions with the lesson, ok? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Mar 21 2013, 09:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 17 2013, 10:49 AM) *
Hey mate, the pleasure is all mine!

Let me know if there are questions with the lesson, ok? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

Hi Cosmin still working on piece and its coming along fine the legato stretch on the A string from c,d and e is hard but coming along great. Correct me if Im wrong the first shape is a Em chord and the primary notes are the 1st flat 3rd and 5th of the eminor scale which make up a minor chord then as far as the major its 1 3rd and 5th. of the major chords so for the C its C,E, and G which make up the major. Is that right? Thank you

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 22 2013, 09:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Hajduk @ Mar 21 2013, 08:11 PM) *
Hi Cosmin still working on piece and its coming along fine the legato stretch on the A string from c,d and e is hard but coming along great. Correct me if Im wrong the first shape is a Em chord and the primary notes are the 1st flat 3rd and 5th of the eminor scale which make up a minor chord then as far as the major its 1 3rd and 5th. of the major chords so for the C its C,E, and G which make up the major. Is that right? Thank you

That is perfectly true mate smile.gif This lesson outlines the shapes of the modes derived from the G major scale - each shape outlines a mode, starting with E Aeolian or natural minor as you have very cleverly observed smile.gif

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Mar 26 2013, 08:43 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 22 2013, 08:02 AM) *
That is perfectly true mate smile.gif This lesson outlines the shapes of the modes derived from the G major scale - each shape outlines a mode, starting with E Aeolian or natural minor as you have very cleverly observed smile.gif

Hey just off topic watched a bunch of your youtube videos and man you are amazing. I have one question for you if you have time to answer? Why do you do alternate tuning as opposed to regular and just one more question is it easier to play? I dont think it is but very curious.

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 26 2013, 10:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Hajduk @ Mar 26 2013, 07:43 AM) *
Hey just off topic watched a bunch of your youtube videos and man you are amazing. I have one question for you if you have time to answer? Why do you do alternate tuning as opposed to regular and just one more question is it easier to play? I dont think it is but very curious.

Hey man, I am using alternate tunings for various reasons:

- I like lower registers in open strings
- My band plays in those tunings
- My voice settles very nicely in Drop C and Drop A smile.gif

I found it as an advantage, because my fretboard knowledge must stay fresh all the time - I mainly have to see the notes in three different tunings - Standard, Drop C/ standard D, Drop A/ Standard B laugh.gif

I am currently saving for another PRS which is meant to stay in standard tuning, for GMC use and other more conventional contexts.

That's the thing biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Mar 28 2013, 11:20 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 26 2013, 09:13 AM) *
Hey man, I am using alternate tunings for various reasons:

- I like lower registers in open strings
- My band plays in those tunings
- My voice settles very nicely in Drop C and Drop A smile.gif

I found it as an advantage, because my fretboard knowledge must stay fresh all the time - I mainly have to see the notes in three different tunings - Standard, Drop C/ standard D, Drop A/ Standard B laugh.gif

I am currently saving for another PRS which is meant to stay in standard tuning, for GMC use and other more conventional contexts.

That's the thing biggrin.gif

Cosmin Thank you for the reply. Let me Know if you guys ever come to Vancouver Canada would love to go. I think Im ready for my next bit of technique you can throw at me. Have a Happy Easter

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 29 2013, 09:17 AM
Instructor
Hey man! It would be a pleasure to come over and perform there! Long road tho, let's see what life brings biggrin.gif

Before giving you another assignment, I would be curious to see/ hear or see and hear laugh.gif a recording of this one smile.gif

What do you say?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Mar 31 2013, 08:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 29 2013, 08:17 AM) *
Hey man! It would be a pleasure to come over and perform there! Long road tho, let's see what life brings biggrin.gif

Before giving you another assignment, I would be curious to see/ hear or see and hear laugh.gif a recording of this one smile.gif

What do you say? Sounds awesome, I'm away right now with family for Easter. Be back in a few days. Once again thank you. I'm quite often in Croatia in the summer maybe catch you guys in Europe.

Cosmin

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 1 2013, 07:45 AM
Instructor
Alright man! I'll wait for the recording when you return! Happy Easter!

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Apr 10 2013, 11:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 1 2013, 06:45 AM) *
Alright man! I'll wait for the recording when you return! Happy Easter!
Hi Cosmin here is the video. I will say it could of turned out better and is better when I play it without recording myself, makes me nervous, is that normal?? I am getting better and that piece was harder than I originally thought but did it ever improve my pulloffs. Sorry if It is disappointing no backing track on there a bit computer stupid with these things. Thank you again. BTW can you explain your thing you said to be a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing?

Tomislav Kero

Attached File(s)
Attached File  10_Apr_2013___18_16_UTC.mp4 ( 6.57MB ) Number of downloads: 189

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 11 2013, 10:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Hajduk @ Apr 10 2013, 10:10 PM) *
Hi Cosmin here is the video. I will say it could of turned out better and is better when I play it without recording myself, makes me nervous, is that normal?? I am getting better and that piece was harder than I originally thought but did it ever improve my pulloffs. Sorry if It is disappointing no backing track on there a bit computer stupid with these things. Thank you again. BTW can you explain your thing you said to be a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing?

Tomislav Kero

Hey mate, thought it would be easier to answer in a video smile.gif

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Apr 14 2013, 03:48 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 11 2013, 09:27 AM) *
Hey mate, thought it would be easier to answer in a video smile.gif Yes you may call me Tom or Thomas. First I would like to say Thank you again for the video response that was great and the actual time to care. I think I have the same metronome you do a Korg. Wow what a difference using the metronome already feels more in time. Timing has always been a weakness of mine, I'm a black belt in martial arts and my timing has always been great there so I know I have the ability. Nice video by the way on the Katana, used to have a beautiful sword myself. One last thing a question. I have a lot of music in my heart and it sounds super cool just wish I could express it, honestly more than playing fast I love that music you have in your video that groove sound its killer. Will that music come out of me when my technique gets better? I think it will but.. Thank you

Tomislav

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 14 2013, 01:54 PM
Instructor
Hey Tom! Hehe, I bow to you man and thank you for your kind thoughts! I am a white belt (6 kyu) in Ken and Batto Jutsu. What sort of sword did you have and what happened to it?

I will make up a video for you in order to be able to freely express myself on the questions you asked wink.gif Coming up this evening!

Aaaand here it is:

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Apr 14 2013, 03:51 PM

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Apr 15 2013, 08:11 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 14 2013, 12:54 PM) *
Hey Tom! Hehe, I bow to you man and thank you for your kind thoughts! I am a white belt (6 kyu) in Ken and Batto Jutsu. What sort of sword did you have and what happened to it?

I will make up a video for you in order to be able to freely express myself on the questions you asked wink.gif Coming up this evening!

Aaaand here it is:

Once again I thank you for the quick response, I am a very humble man no need to bow biggrin.gif I believe my sword was a Iaito non sharpened blade. My parents gave it away when I went to college. Always Loved Kendo and particularly Iaido, watched a demonstration by a old instructor and the speed and accuracy of pulling the sword out of the scabbard and striking and putting it back, absolutely amazing, where I believe what you do is multiple strikes. I always found training in martial arts is alot like guitar playing. Every time I think I'm good at guitar playing I get humbled then think I suck, then I remember my instructor saying do it for yourself. Sorry for the long rant will have a video for you in proper timing very soon. Your a good man Cosmin, thank you
Tomislav Kero

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 16 2013, 10:30 AM
Instructor
No ranting here Tom! You are very right wink.gif I am doing the same thing and taking the stuff that I learned over the years in guitar playing to the world of martial arts and viceversa. Very fulfilling sentiment indeed!

Looking forward to see your recording mate!

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Apr 24 2013, 11:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 16 2013, 09:30 AM) *
No ranting here Tom! You are very right wink.gif I am doing the same thing and taking the stuff that I learned over the years in guitar playing to the world of martial arts and viceversa. Very fulfilling sentiment indeed!

Looking forward to see your recording mate! Hi Cosmin sorry for the late video, 2 weeks of teaching self defense classes and working at the bar plus being a single Dad 4 days of the week, haha, no more excuses. I didn't mean to rush this video but another busy week for me coming up doing 1 hr a day practice currently which bugs me alot. The metronome is set at 100bpm and wow does it ever help. Let me know what you think and I feel I got the grasp although I noticed I would play faster at points then would slow down to metronome.

Attached File  video003.mp4 ( 26.16MB ) Number of downloads: 196

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:03 AM