5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
What Bands Got You Into Metal
Gitarrero
Jun 22 2011, 09:09 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
My way into the depths of metal was pretty classsic...Metallica -> Iron Maiden -> Hammerfall -> Dream Theater -> Arch Enemy -> all others

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 1 2011, 01:45 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 22 2011, 09:09 AM) *
My way into the depths of metal was pretty classsic...Metallica -> Iron Maiden -> Hammerfall -> Dream Theater -> Arch Enemy -> all others

Pretty much the same here Guns and Roses - > Metallica - > Trivium - > Iron Maiden/Scorpions/Manowar -> Dream Theater -> Megadeth (<3) -> all others, but to be honest i m not a metal head as i use to be, don't listen to metal much nowadays

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jul 1 2011, 01:48 AM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 1 2011, 03:53 AM
GMC:er
Not sure really, my dad before he turned old, he use to listen to Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple. So I'm guessing that got me more geared into rock. I'm going to say it all went downhill for me back in 1996 (which I was 13) and I heard Marilyn Manson's Beautiful People and NIN's Closer. From then I hit high school and someone got me to listen to Slayer, Morbid Angel, Maiden, ect. I haven't strayed from that path either, I love metal, the harder and darker it is, the more I love it!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
CathShadow
Sep 2 2011, 07:43 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
For me,

Well, I started out on country.. Used to listen to Sheryl Crow, Dixie Chicks etc...

then a friend introduced me to Offspring...
that started it for me...

it went Offspring -> Blink 182 -> Greenday -> Megadeth -> Sepultura -> HateSquad tongue.gif... Now its bands like Demon Hunter and Flyleaf (my favourite).. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:22 AM